DustyBin
Established Member
If this really is the case then we are screwed. I would have at least hoped that an attack on a foreign nuclear plant site would have at least required someone pretty high up to OK the use of weaponry capable of blowing the bloody thing to bits!
Again though, “take the nuclear plant” is different to “blow the plant up”. It’s still dangerous and reckless but I think it’s unlikely there was any intention to cause a nuclear catastrophe. Poor communication and a disorganised, possibly exhausted, and frankly amateurish military is the issue here IMO. I’ll reiterate, just for the avoidance of doubt; this is in no way an attempt to downplay the seriousness of the incident.
Whether or not the Russian army's action at the nuclear power plant was intentional or accidental, the net result was to underline the dangers of Putin's implicit threat to use nuclear weapons.
This being the case I would bet that in fact the attack was approved at the highest level.
Another item on the charge sheet.
See above, although I agree with adding it to the charge sheet regardless.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
That being the case, then by proxy Putin and his administration are directly responsible for almost causing a disaster on a scale that we really do not want to think about. And it still leaves the question, what else might the Russian forces do under their powers given to them?
Mutiny with any luck!
On a serious note if you look at the structure of the Russian military, Putin appears to not exactly trust large parts of it.
