Hi all. On Friday 24th Jan I intend to travel from Kidderminster to Hykeham (leaving as soon after 9am as possible), but wish to have a break of journey in Lincoln.
When I did this journey years ago, the train from Nottingham to Lincoln missed out Hykeham so this was achievable. However, now when I try and do that, it says the route isn't permitted (on National Rail site). Do all Nottingham - Lincoln trains stop in Hykeham?
If this is the case, I suppose the best thing might be to do a Kidderminster return (coming back on Sun 26th, so just an OPR) for £53, then getting a separate return from Hykeham - Lincoln for the day ticket? Is there a better (i.e. cheaper...) way to do it? Wondering about the feasability of a PlusBus for the Friday and using that for Hykeham - Lincoln?
When I did this journey years ago, the train from Nottingham to Lincoln missed out Hykeham so this was achievable. However, now when I try and do that, it says the route isn't permitted (on National Rail site). Do all Nottingham - Lincoln trains stop in Hykeham?
If this is the case, I suppose the best thing might be to do a Kidderminster return (coming back on Sun 26th, so just an OPR) for £53, then getting a separate return from Hykeham - Lincoln for the day ticket? Is there a better (i.e. cheaper...) way to do it? Wondering about the feasability of a PlusBus for the Friday and using that for Hykeham - Lincoln?