If a TOC wants to pay their cleaners £27,000 + then surely that it up to them. Wether you think that is too much or not is down to the individual. Some of our trains can be absolutely disgusting to clean so I don’t envy any cleaner doing the job. But put it into perspective of what cleaners would get in schools and hospitals and you can see why some people would get annoyed/jealous call it what you want at those earning that kind of money. So I don’t think a strike at this time wouldn’t be a very good idea!
Anyway this was a thread about RMT ballot on Scotrail for strike action and not cleaners wages!
I’m a strong believer of having guards on trains I think they are invaluable at knowing what’s going on dealing with all sorts of situations.
But since COVID I do think they have had it a little easier. At my TOC guards do not go through the train, they do not collect revenue, they stay in their back cab to keep safe (rightly so as well!!)
Some guards brag about reading several books, watching box sets on Netflix, some have even completed baby clothes through knitting etc...
Also whilst on spare they get to stay at home so as not to have too many people in the mess room. Due to the reduce service level this has resulted in some diagrams being spare all week. So that means not even going into work for a full week!!
So for RMT now to come out and want to potentially strike about a wage increase this year I find is totally disgusting and can’t even believe they are contemplating this!
Yes we are key workers and yes we have been all working since the start of this pandemic, but so have millions of other key workers who have had it far worse than we have and I don’t hear them wishing to go on strike, they just get on with the job they get paid to do!
I for one would be happy to take a pay freeze for the next couple of years to get us through this.
I agree with an earlier thread as well. Scotrail won’t care one bit about the strike and will take it on the chin.
During this time and with passenger levels so low it won’t really effect many people and those that it do effect will have absolutely 0% sympathy with rail staff not getting their above inflation pay rise this year!!
Surely we should be grateful in this age of mass redundancies that we have a job and a well paid job to go to and not throw our toys out of the pram like RMT want their members to do.
I just hope RMT members see some sense in this and reject the need for a strike, I doubt it though as some people just see ££££... and not the bigger picture
Anyway this was a thread about RMT ballot on Scotrail for strike action and not cleaners wages!
I’m a strong believer of having guards on trains I think they are invaluable at knowing what’s going on dealing with all sorts of situations.
But since COVID I do think they have had it a little easier. At my TOC guards do not go through the train, they do not collect revenue, they stay in their back cab to keep safe (rightly so as well!!)
Some guards brag about reading several books, watching box sets on Netflix, some have even completed baby clothes through knitting etc...
Also whilst on spare they get to stay at home so as not to have too many people in the mess room. Due to the reduce service level this has resulted in some diagrams being spare all week. So that means not even going into work for a full week!!
So for RMT now to come out and want to potentially strike about a wage increase this year I find is totally disgusting and can’t even believe they are contemplating this!
Yes we are key workers and yes we have been all working since the start of this pandemic, but so have millions of other key workers who have had it far worse than we have and I don’t hear them wishing to go on strike, they just get on with the job they get paid to do!
I for one would be happy to take a pay freeze for the next couple of years to get us through this.
I agree with an earlier thread as well. Scotrail won’t care one bit about the strike and will take it on the chin.
During this time and with passenger levels so low it won’t really effect many people and those that it do effect will have absolutely 0% sympathy with rail staff not getting their above inflation pay rise this year!!
Surely we should be grateful in this age of mass redundancies that we have a job and a well paid job to go to and not throw our toys out of the pram like RMT want their members to do.
I just hope RMT members see some sense in this and reject the need for a strike, I doubt it though as some people just see ££££... and not the bigger picture