• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RedSpottedHanky vouchers expiring 31st Dec

Status
Not open for further replies.

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Joined
15 May 2012
Messages
5,438
Location
Croydon
I'd like to remind posters of this from RSH's terms and conditions:

All points and e-vouchers created from loyalty points will be valid for one calendar year from 1st January – 31st December. If you do not collect and redeem your points or e-vouchers by the end of the calendar year they will not be carried forward to the following calendar year.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

northwichcat

Veteran Member
Joined
23 Jan 2009
Messages
32,692
Location
Northwich
You can also now trade in any number of points for an e-voucher e.g. if you have 16 points you can trade it in for an e-voucher for £0.16. I think previously you needed a minimum of 100 points to trade in.
 

Stompa

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2012
Messages
46
All points and e-vouchers created from loyalty points will be valid for one calendar year from 1st January – 31st December.
Well FWIW I converted a few loyalty points to e-vouchers a couple of days ago, and those e-vouchers show up as having an expiry date of 31/12/2020. I hope they're not going to disappear shortly.
 

MKD

Member
Joined
22 Feb 2012
Messages
148
Shucks - why did I read this on 2/1 when my Loyalty a/c shows 811 points expired today.
Think it's a poor show that nothing in their loyalty a/c pages shows that unusual calendar year validity
If the Loyalty pages had ever included "Balance= XXX points valid to 31 Dec." I'm sure I'd have noticed, unlike that one sentence in the reams of T&Cs that I, and no doubt 95%+ others, never ever read :(
Don't see how it promotes loyalty to end up feeling robbed :(
 
Last edited:

andrewkeith5

Member
Joined
2 Jun 2013
Messages
681
Location
West Sussex
Shucks - why did I read this on 2/1 when my Loyalty a/c shows 811 points expired today.
Think it's a poor show that nothing in their loyalty a/c pages shows that unusual calendar year validity
If the Loyalty pages had ever included "Balance= XXX points valid to 31 Dec." I'm sure I'd have noticed, unlike that one sentence in the reams of T&Cs that I, and no doubt 95%+ others, never ever read :(
Don't see how it promotes loyalty to end up feeling robbed :(

The conspiracy theorist in me is screaming that there's probably a very good reason why RSH don't make it clear that loyalty points and vouchers expire ;) The strange arbitrary date certainly makes it look quite deliberate...
 

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
7 Aug 2005
Messages
21,191
Location
0035
If the vouchers and the points expire on December 31st, then that would also make it impossible to use up all your points.
 

IanD

Established Member
Joined
18 Sep 2011
Messages
2,784
Location
Newport Pagnell
You've always been able to convert 1 or more loyalty points in to vouchers. The vouchers from loyalty points have always expired in 2020. In previous years, I've received an email saying that as a gesture any loyalty points not redeemed would be carried over to the next year - no such email this year but I converted all mine (33p!) the day after this thread started.
 

DelayRepay

Established Member
Joined
21 May 2011
Messages
2,929
In my view these terms and conditions are ambiguous.

"All points and e-vouchers created from loyalty points will be valid for one calendar year from 1st January – 31st December" surely means they are valid for 365 days.

If they wish to make them expire at the end of the calender year, then they should say that.

Disappointing.
 

Ken_Ilworth

Member
Joined
10 Feb 2010
Messages
95
I've only just discovered my points balance was removed on Jan 2nd (I really should keep up...)
I would have allowed an automatic charity conversion, but this does have the hint of scam about it, in my view. I made my disappointment known in an eMail to RSH and received the reply below (it's done to 'regenerate the scheme', apparently :roll:). Coupled with the difficulty in obtaining refunds in times of disruption (mentioned in another thread) RSH is no longer one of my ticket suppliers.

Good Morning,
Thank you for your email.
I have taken a look into your query and can confirm the points are removed to regenerate the scheme.
This removal is detailed in the terms and conditions and therefore we are not required to inform customers of this removal.
Unfortunately we do not have the facility to reinstate any points or add credit to your account.
I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.
If you have any further queries do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind regards,
Xxxxxxx
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,467
I don't think you can blame anyone in that case.
 

bengolding

Member
Joined
31 Aug 2008
Messages
700
Location
Wentworth, Surrey
Just as an aside, can I get loyalty points for booking rail tickets with RSH? If so, how do the points conversion work, and do I have to register separately for this? Thanks.
 

tony_mac

Established Member
Joined
25 Feb 2009
Messages
3,626
Location
Liverpool
I don't think you can blame anyone in that case.

I disagree
This removal is detailed in the terms and conditions and therefore we are not required to inform customers of this removal.

Ok, the terms and conditions don't require it. But it would be a work of moments to highlight it, or send a reminder email, which is what most reputable schemes do.
Having such an onerous term buried in the terms and conditions, and then hiding behind it, is at least a very poor way to treat your customers.
Unfortunately we do not have the facility to reinstate any points or add credit to your account.
And that is just complete nonsense.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top