• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Red Pen 2016 - your new haulages

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyb2706

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2013
Messages
747
Location
Manchester
Congrats Techniquest on 236. I saw that one too yesterday when I was on Hucknall station, thought of you and thought of jumping on board as well but it was an East Midland Train day. Even got photographic evidence for you in case you didn't believe it existed....seems I needn't of bothered ;)

We do seem to keep being close to each other on these spotting trips but never seem to bump into each other.
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,840
Location
Nowhere Heath
Cheers! I see you're almost caught up with me on shack scores and not far behind on winners either. A situation I'm less than pleased with, naturally, and you'll no doubt be well ahead after your London bash tomorrow!

Talking of, I'm about to get on there and add you. Without knowing the contents of your books, I'd say a fester at Drayton Park will get you a good spot for the peak time 6-car 313s. Ilford is apparently good for 315s in the peak, and I'm sure I don't need to tell you Stratford to Liverpool Street leaps can provide a ton of triple 321s in the peaks. I'm not knowledgeable enough to advise any better for sure, but Farringdon is good for Thameslink stuff. Canonbury's pretty good for 378s, both on ELL and NLL workings. Hackney Downs for Chingfords and Enfield Town/Cheshunts. Oh, and St Johns with its island platform can generate quite a bit, as can Lewisham although that's harder to get from one platform to another in a hurry. Peckham Rye will give you both LO and SET stuff, as well as Thameslink stuff. Nunhead is just SET to/from Victoria and TL stoppers but is an island platform which may come in handy.

Those are the only immediately obvious spots I can think of right now. Have an amazing trip, I'm ridiculously jealous!
 

andyb2706

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2013
Messages
747
Location
Manchester
Thanks Techniquest, I saw your thread the other day on "What you still need" and I started putting a list together and it got rather long and rather embarrassing, maybe one day I will get the list up.

Regarding the Great Northern 313's thanks to my trip at the beginning of the month I am down to needing 3 now (034,046,058) and the following day I did London Overground/Great Anglia and now only need 1 LO 315 (808) a shed load of 317's from both LO and GA and a trunk full of 321's and down to 7 TfL 315.

Plan for tomorrow is to do a lot of Tube and DLR's because I have HUGE gaps in them but seeing the length of time I am going to be down there I might be tempted to try and clear off the 313's I need.

Are you trying to distract me from the tube/DLR and onto somethings that I need few off just so that I do not overtake you? ;)
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,840
Location
Nowhere Heath
Well now I know better what you need, then I would certainly do that fester at Drayton Park. Any time from around 1600 I think they go to doubles, but feel free to check on the way down.

DLR, well get to Lewisham (be warned pre-0900 it is crazy busy on the DLR, so it will be again no doubt in the evening) and do a leap to Elverson Road. Everything going in will be back only 5 minutes later, and if you need lots just do single station leaps all the way back to town, it's ultra frequent after all and there will be no long waits. Be warned, the trains get very busy especially when only a pair of units instead of a trio. I've seen it with my own eyes. I think heading out of Lewisham will probably be OK in the evening, certainly anything city-bound at all from Lewisham is busy. Vice versa for the evening peak.

I do wish you all the luck in the world, I'll have to keep an eye out for your tweets. Using a hashtag for easier tracking of it all?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Well now I know better what you need, then I would certainly do that fester at Drayton Park. Any time from around 1600 I think they go to doubles, but feel free to check on the way down.

DLR, well get to Lewisham (be warned pre-0900 it is crazy busy on the DLR, so it will be again no doubt in the evening) and do a leap to Elverson Road. Everything going in will be back only 5 minutes later, and if you need lots just do single station leaps all the way back to town, it's ultra frequent after all and there will be no long waits. Be warned, the trains get very busy especially when only a pair of units instead of a trio. I've seen it with my own eyes. I think heading out of Lewisham will probably be OK in the evening, certainly anything city-bound at all from Lewisham in the morning is busy. Vice versa for the evening peak.

I do wish you all the luck in the world, I'll have to keep an eye out for your tweets. Using a hashtag for easier tracking of it all?

One day I will be up your way for a Metrolink session, will ensure we meet up!
 

AJM580

Member
Joined
31 Jan 2016
Messages
655
Location
Norwich
30/1/16

Steam: 45305, 6990, 34053, 31806

DMU: 222017 & 222019

Trams: 214, 224, 229, 234 & 236

A good day at the GCR Winter Steam Gala, followed by an hour or so on the Nottingham trams. Given Techiquest's difficulty with 236 I was surprised when it rolled in on the last move of the day
 

andyb2706

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2013
Messages
747
Location
Manchester
Well seeing my trip report is going to be called "London is my Oyster" I think I will go with the same. #LondonismyOyster I've just sent my first tweet with a hashtag. Hope its worked.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,840
Location
Nowhere Heath
Cheers for the hashtag gen, I'll have a look in a moment!

AJM580: Clearly I just had bad luck previously, at least my book is now full and until new trams or new shacks/track opens one day there (Broadmarsh might open one day...) I now have no need at all to use NET. Unless one day for a hotel move or something, bound to happen when on an East Midlands trip.
 

12CSVT

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2010
Messages
2,611
My new haulages in January

02/01/2016 Class 08 - 08742
08/01/2016 Class 378 five car extensions - 378225/233/234/255/256 (just need 224/232/257), Underground 'S7' - 21483 + 21484
24/01/2016 Class 08 - 08484
27/01/2016 Midland Metro - 28, 34, 36
 

TEW

Established Member
Joined
16 May 2008
Messages
6,228
24th January
67024

25th January
458506 (as a 458/5)

26th January
68015
165014
168322
170638
390115

27th January
314209
334006
390107

28th January
67011
68003
68005
156433
158708
158709
158715
158717
158739
170405
170406

29th January
90049
317514
350377
365515
378214
378216
378221
378224
378229
378233

30th January
67023
144021
144023
158793
158816
158855
158906

Total(YTD):49
 

37038

Member
Joined
11 Apr 2014
Messages
701
29/01
150117
322483

30/01:
60039 60054
158824 158826 158835
170504 170510
323219

31/01:
142030 142045
150215 150217 150252 150258 150285
153312
158829
175107 175110 175113 175115
390103 390115 390125 390135

3023 3057 3087 3091 3098 3106

YTD: 49

Brilliant weekend, two lucky winners whilst returning from Cumbria on Friday night including the mega long run from Lancaster - Leeds on 150117!

Part fare from Derby to Stafford and back to bag the 60s on Saturday and some track microgricing in the Birmingham area chucked up a selection of winners. Not done a huge amount in Birmingham in the past but almost enough to have cleared the track.

Sunday was a day in Manchester for trams and to finally get round to clearing some routes I'm missing. Only ended up doing Ashton and East Didsbury as the draw of red pen was too great. Some absolute chuck outs from ATW, the best of which being the 2030 ex-Manchester which was formed 153312+153320+150285. Certainly the first time I've seen a 153 in Piccadilly, let alone an ATW one (or two!)
 

Trainfan344

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2012
Messages
2,305
30/01/2015

222 009
222 102
153 302

Steam:

34025
48624
6990
31806
 
Last edited:

87015

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2006
Messages
5,078
Location
GEML/WCML/SR
Got off my arse to do 67024 on Saturday (29/30). As 019 is demic I suspect that's as far as I'll get with them...
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,840
Location
West of Andover
29/1:

68003

156476
156506
170414
180112
318258
334027

LU:
3239
3567

Glasgow Subway:
102
103
106
117
118
119
128
129
130
131
202
203
-------------

30/1

314201
314216 (Class cleared :))

318250
318253
318255
318259
318264 (3 left)

320302
320307
320308
320316 (1 left)

Glasgow Subway:
105
108
116
121
123
201

----
31/1

221108

380016
380104
380114

458518

LU:
51531
51556
51661
51662

Glasgow Subway:
101
111
115
126
127
206
 

andyb2706

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2013
Messages
747
Location
Manchester
1st February 2016

390152

LU
156
181
302
318
332
349
362
380
388
422
431
433
443
437
559
696
878
7026
7527
7535
8071
8093
8107
23418
24334
24401
24423
24458
51619
51625
51710
52665
52707
52506
52656
53533
53537
53539
53547
53554
53563
53590
53598
53619
53620
53641
53666
53679
53715
96262
96283
96295
96436
96484
96621
96663
96719

DLR
06
27
28
30
31
38
43
44
48
50
52
56
57
58
84
109
136
137
 
Joined
31 Oct 2015
Messages
241
Good haul of under ware Andy! I was in work yesterday morning and wondered if you'd make it with quite a few cancellations etc but you clearly did. Good effort.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,840
Location
Nowhere Heath
Jeeeeeeeez! Kite and Andy have been ridiculously busy lately! I clearly need to get moving and have a catch up here!

*Jumps into TPP Mode*

Also, Andy, whilst I think about it, how many Metrolink trams do you need? ;)
 

andyb2706

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2013
Messages
747
Location
Manchester
Also, Andy, whilst I think about it, how many Metrolink trams do you need? ;)

Only 24. Nos:3036 and then all from 3097 upwards, of course they all haven't been delivered yet but they are getting close.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Good haul of under ware Andy! I was in work yesterday morning and wondered if you'd make it with quite a few cancellations etc but you clearly did. Good effort.

That was probably down to the landslip at Leighton Buzzard. We did get delayed by it but we were only about 8 minutes late arriving into Euston if I remember rightly. Need to do another one of those trips. :)
 
Last edited:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,840
Location
Nowhere Heath
Not bad Andy, I'm well behind you then!

After the first month, my needs counts have become:

Locos: 41
DMUs: 213
EMUs: 717
Light rail: 173
LU: 990
DLR: 56
Eurostar: 102

Total: 2,292

Still on target to drop that number to under 2,000 by the end of the year!
 

andyb2706

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2013
Messages
747
Location
Manchester
Just amended my post should have read Leighton Buzzard area not Leamington Spa. I was only a few miles out :oops:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Not bad Andy, I'm well behind you then!

After the first month, my needs counts have become:

Locos: 41
DMUs: 213
EMUs: 717
Light rail: 173
LU: 990
DLR: 56
Eurostar: 102

Total: 2,292

Still on target to drop that number to under 2,000 by the end of the year!

Think your overall figures are well better than mine though.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,840
Location
Nowhere Heath
Probably so, but I've been doing this for a long time!

All those slammers, the 460s, the 458/0s, all gone/renumbered...
 

33056

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2007
Messages
2,424
Location
On a train somewhere in Europe
MÁV (Hungary)
418.106 / 154 / 156 / 167 / 174 / 177 / 313 / 316
431.177 / 192 / 336
432.144 / 260 / 262
480.016

SŽ (Slovenia)
342.010
363.011 / 028
541.016
664.116

ÖBB (Austria)
1116.044

SBB (Switzerland)
11243 / 245 / 249 / 255
421.383
450.073

RhB (Switzerland)
108 (steam)

Happy with that little lot bearing in mind the object of the trip was not to scoop in as many locos as possible. Also very pleased to get down to needing one “passenger” Re4/4 in Switzerland, unless / until more Cargo ones get fitted with the necessary equipment.
 

sd0733

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2012
Messages
5,198
A trip out on the cumbrian coast yesterday saw the first couple of winners for the year with 37409 and 37259.
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
03/02/16
350105
390127
158831
390134
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,840
Location
West of Andover
3/2

90012

317510
321334
357001
357025
357029
357044
357312 (First 357/3, feels strange inside being 2+2 seating)
375613
379009 (class complete :))

LU:
7036
7091
91063
91065
92122
92208
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,840
Location
West of Andover
That 379 was just luck that the 90 heading into Liverpool Street was required and that I spotted it on the 21:10 service to the airport, had I caught another service which went into the other side of Liverpool Street, I wouldn't have spotted it (and dashed straight to the Central Line platform)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top