• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Red Pen 2015 - your new haulages

Status
Not open for further replies.

childwallblues

Established Member
Joined
3 Jul 2014
Messages
3,890
Location
Liverpool, UK
1110 507003 Liverpool Central-Bidston 4.74 miles
1132 150252 Bidston-Neston 8.51 miles
1210 150283 Neston-Bidston 8.51 miles WINNER!
1251 507017 Bidston-Birkenhead North 1.00 miles
1301 508128 Birkenhead North-New Brighton 3.12 miles
1353 507019 New Brighton-Liverpool James Street 6.62 miles

Winner for Haulage - 150283
All Carriages Ridden - 150252

Just two ATW Class 150s required for haulage - 150278 150281.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,862
Location
West of Andover
Can I count a 91 which took me all of around 20 chains? (The DVT had just about cleared the platform, so 200 metres each way)
 

55013

Established Member
Joined
4 Sep 2005
Messages
1,577
Location
Yorkshire
Can I count a 91 which took me all of around 20 chains? (The DVT had just about cleared the platform, so 200 metres each way)

It's entirely your choice, you do whatever you're comfortable with.

Until we get a governing body to set down rules, that's the way it'll stay .
How about the "National Association of Rail Enthusiasts, Bashers and Scratchers" - NAREBS :)
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
Can I count a 91 which took me all of around 20 chains? (The DVT had just about cleared the platform, so 200 metres each way)


How did you do that? Cling on for dear life as the train departs Kings Cross? :lol:
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,844
Location
Nowhere Heath
Can I count a 91 which took me all of around 20 chains? (The DVT had just about cleared the platform, so 200 metres each way)

As I've already discussed with you off-forum, I'd count it so long as it covered at least 1 chain. Some don't, and obviously I prefer to have more than 1 chain covered, but of course it's 100% up to you what you choose to do.

87electric: If it was solely DMUs and EMUs in this thread then Unit Wars would be rather appropriate. However, as a detailed examination of the thread will show, it's not just units. Locos and HSTs also feature in many places within the thread!

However, without a doubt you've given us a thought for the Red Pen Thread 2016 thread title :lol:
 

55013

Established Member
Joined
4 Sep 2005
Messages
1,577
Location
Yorkshire
Who cares?

It's a non-sensical hobby.
It has no definitive point and no rules.
It's just about personal enjoyment.
 
Last edited:

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
37059 powered for about a coach length out of Euston today before expiring. Who'd count it?

I would, it would go down as 0.01 in my book! I was more concerned the other week when 68015 moved me about a window length (in the opposite direction to which we were supposed to go - TDM fault presumably?). Fortunately, after some 20 mins of sorting things out, we got on our way properly.
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,862
Location
West of Andover
How did you do that? Cling on for dear life as the train departs Kings Cross? :lol:

It was this train:
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/Y62039/2015/05/09/advanced

Set off, before coming to a stop before Clerkenwell tunnel, 30 minutes later reversed back in onto platform, issue with the brakes.

(and what is annoying is that I was on an EC Rewards ticket, so no money back for me)

------

9/5
43305
91101
91127* [failed shortly after departure]
142022
142064
144020
150119
150141
150204
150214
155344
158790
158791
158797
158902
185124
185136
185149
185150
321901
322484
450024
455719
455858
455904

10/5
165004
165036
166211
319455 [And I didn't even go searching for it, just arrived on a shack attack movement]
315801
315817
315843
315848
321314
321320
321322
321354
321360
357007
357009
357020
357021
357026
357039
357040
357214
450007
 
Last edited:

12CSVT

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2010
Messages
2,611
37059 powered for about a coach length out of Euston today before expiring. Who'd count it?

Would it be possible for anybody on the tour yesterday to legitimately count 37606 for haulage ?
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-

55013

Established Member
Joined
4 Sep 2005
Messages
1,577
Location
Yorkshire
What I don't understand is why anyone cares what somebody else does and doesn't count.
It's hardly life and death, is it?

As Eddie and The Hot Rods once said "Do Anything You Wanna Do".
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,862
Location
West of Andover
Eek! Not the sort of thing you would want to happen. Was your ticket valid on the next Leeds bound train though?

It was, a rather cosy standard class only service, full and standing after Stevenage. All reservations cancelled due to set swap.
 

33056

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2007
Messages
2,424
Location
On a train somewhere in Europe
I did see some "rules of bashing" once, the final one being, basically, "I make the rules" - so count what you want to count!

My most dubious move was in Portugal when the train to Faro we were on failed about 300 metres from Setúbal station with the rear end still on the single line. Once it had been established that it was a failure, all the "normals" jumped off and walked to the station and us "cranks" jumped off and took pictures. We soon jumped back on though when a loco heading in the opposite direction did a shunt and was attached to front of the passenger train to drag it into the platform.

Job done, and it was detached and sent on its way north, taking the failed loco with it, whilst we waited for another loco to be sent out to rescue us. Therefore I have only had 1563 for a grand total of 300 metres (0.19 miles) but that is better that not having it at all.

Anyway, back on topic, four more to add from the weekend:
D5185
50035
66741
73107
 

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
17,855
Location
Oakham
11/05/15:

387 103
387 111
387 113
387 114
387 128

That leaves me needing just the four that are not yet commissioned.

I also added a couple of S7s today:

21441/2
21453/4
 

samuelmorris

Established Member
Joined
18 Jul 2013
Messages
5,121
Location
Brentwood, Essex
It's not like we're imposing rules, I'm just genuinely interested to see what other 'rules' people follow.
As for failed services / cancellations, I've boarded units in the past to be told 'terminating here' due to signal failures or whatever else. I flagged the relevant unit in the book with a tag stating I'd been on it but not travelled anywhere. If I later pick it up again, I'll take the flag off.
 

andyb2706

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2013
Messages
747
Location
Manchester
As long as I move 22 yards on a train (which is 1 chain) I don't mind counting it as I record my haulage in miles and chains.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,844
Location
Nowhere Heath
1 chain is better than no chains!

Results of yesterday are as follows below. Note I've lost track of my YTD figure so will add it all up again on Monday.

11th May 2015

Sheffield Supertram:

102
108
110
111
112
114
115
117
118
 

crehld

Established Member
Joined
1 Nov 2014
Messages
1,994
Location
Norfolk
15 May 2015

142021
142044
142045
142064
144016
150112
150143
155346
158755
158758
158816
323223
323232
323236
390047
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,862
Location
West of Andover
15th May:

450026

And it was my only non-required movement of the little linear bashing (having previously cleared Ascot I was going to give the Aldershot special a miss at Sunningdale.
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
16/05/15
170107
158788
158777
158844
158907
158860
43048

Supertram
103
101
104
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,862
Location
West of Andover
16th May:

91104
91106
91113
142015
142020
142024
142067
142079
142084
142090
142094
156448
156479
185111
185131
377103
450123

I'm all Pacered out for the time being
 

37038

Member
Joined
11 Apr 2014
Messages
701
16/05:

d2953
d2864
03099 03113 03139
07001
08016
09001
97654 (pwm654)
156411
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top