• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Red Pen 2015 - your new haulages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,839
Location
Nowhere Heath
That must have taken some considerable expense to do mind! I still need 2 VEC power cars and 4 GC power cars. Obviously I'm not counting 43013, 43014 or 43062 in that lot. I do intend to get on and clear the 2 VEC and 4 GC ones later this year, but it's finding time to fit it all in.

Holiday time can be booked again now though, I predict a week off to go absolutely crazy up in the North with having an enormous clearout! <D
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
Well done on clearing the 168s (for now!) young man!
Thanks! I wander which one of us will clear the 168/3s first!

That must have taken some considerable expense to do mind! I still need 2 VEC power cars and 4 GC power cars. Obviously I'm not counting 43013, 43014 or 43062 in that lot. I do intend to get on and clear the 2 VEC and 4 GC ones later this year, but it's finding time to fit it all in.

Holiday time can be booked again now though, I predict a week off to go absolutely crazy up in the North with having an enormous clearout! <D

North east rover? Valid from Retford to Berwick on the ECML and to Middlesborough, Sunderland and loads of other places.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,839
Location
Nowhere Heath
Have you seen the ching on a FoNE?! It was expensive in 2007, even with a railcard!

VEC ones can be looked for on a Tyne and Tees or West Yorkshire, GC ones I guess I'll just have to get lucky with!
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
Have you seen the ching on a FoNE?! It was expensive in 2007, even with a railcard!

VEC ones can be looked for on a Tyne and Tees or West Yorkshire, GC ones I guess I'll just have to get lucky with!

£71.95 for 7 days with a rail card for a FoNE compared to £99.40 for 7 Tyne and Tees rangers. A North East Round Robin is £31 with a railcard.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,839
Location
Nowhere Heath
£71.95 for 7 days with a rail card for a FoNE compared to £99.40 for 7 Tyne and Tees rangers. A North East Round Robin is £31 with a railcard.

If I still had a railcard, trust me I'd be going for that option! Sadly it's been years since my last one expired, far too young for another one yet. Well, only 30 years to go!

Nah, it'll be the North West I do a rover on this time I suspect. I have the money for it, just need to get on and get some time off booked. I might get a chance to get it looked at on Tuesday, with an answer possibly by Saturday if I keep pestering...
 

jnjkerbin

Member
Joined
25 Apr 2012
Messages
842
Location
Down south
After yesterday's Daysave, I've added:

377132
377160
377152
377148
377449
377138
377131
377127
313206
313215
171806
377444
377201
377414

Only about 197 377s to go :p
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,846
Location
West of Andover
3/4
375625
375627
375813
375905
377139
377152
377156
377202
377409
377430
377439
377440
377460
377463
377468
377620
377622
377701 (only 706 left to get of the /7s)
378201 (5 Car version)
442406
442411
450035
450037
450071
455704
455717
455720
455724
455727
455801
455807
455808
455814
455817
455830
455831
455832
455837
455838
455841
455844
455845
455851
455913
458503
458504
458530
458535
465030
465032
465045
465153
465168
465173
465183
466012
466022

4/4
37674
43480 (last GC 43 power-car :))
319422
319439
365517
450114
450553 [28 x 450s left to get, hopefully I will score some more tomorrow morning before the FGW diversion)

Plus some sort of hybrid with driving cars from 101678 & 117420 with a centre car from another 117
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,839
Location
Nowhere Heath
Good God you two did well on your trips! :shock:

Well done Kite159 on clearing your GC HST power cars! I've technically cleared them once already but need to re-do them!
 

andyb2706

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2013
Messages
747
Location
Manchester
6th April
91101
91106
91110
91120
144004
144008
144016
144017
144021
153315
153331
158845
185131
185138
321902 (last 321/9 :) )
321903
 
Last edited:

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
6/4/15
165033
165032
172104

ytd: 149
 
Last edited:

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,846
Location
West of Andover
6/4/15:

43009
43139
43194
319002
319434
319458
377147
377446
455739
455848
455869
458502

New track - Didcot West Curve
 

D841 Roebuck

Established Member
Joined
16 Mar 2012
Messages
2,131
Location
Rochdale
4/4/15
185117 (nice when the train you're getting "regardless" produces a winner. ..

7/4/15
Linearr bashing from Regent Wotsit to Sunderland produced the following winning Tynetrams:
4036/43/50/78.
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,468
Red Pen 6/4/15

379003
379025
317650
378225 (last 4-car 378)
LU92283
LU92404
LU92215
LU92010
LU92462
LU92323
LU92208
LU92179
LU92347
LU92077
LU92412
LU92247
LU92119
LU92250
LU92042
LU92253
LU92414
LU92014
LU92225
LU92066
455871

YTD: 138
 

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
New for me on April 6th:
(30)847 at the Bluebell Railway
WD 75105 'Walkden' at the Spa Valley Railway (although I don't chase industrial steam)

I was rather pleased to get 847, although with (30)541 due to return to traffic soon, I will need another visit at some point. I'm now down to 9 operational ex-BR steam locos - I seem to have fluctuated between 7 and 10 for the past couple of years, as each time I get a new one, another returns to traffic!
 

TEW

Established Member
Joined
16 May 2008
Messages
6,228
8th April
458504 (as a 458/5)

Total(YTD):122

That's all the 458/5s currently in service cleared. Hopefully there'll be a couple more out soon for me to find!
 

Keith Jarrett

Member
Joined
10 Aug 2010
Messages
1,132
Location
No longer in London
Here's a summary of March's entries in the haulage book

1-Mar-15
1992 ts 92301 New
315836 Cleared for 10 miles
321335 Cleared for 10 miles
321443 Cleared for 10 miles
321360 Cleared for 10 miles
317512 Cleared for 10 miles, first time as 317/5
321323 Cleared for 10 miles
321353 Cleared for 10 miles
317886 Cleared for 10 miles
6-Mar-15
S-7 21440 New
7-Mar-15
DLR 102 Cleared for 10 miles
DLR 124 Cleared for 10 miles
DLR 37 Cleared for 10 miles
8-Mar-15
1992 ts 92173 Cleared for 10 miles
1992 ts 92321 New
1992 ts 92079 Cleared for 10 miles
1992 ts 92408 New
1992 ts 92011 Cleared for 1 mile
1992 ts 92260 New
1992 ts 92242 Cleared for 10 miles
321306 Cleared for 10 miles
315848 Cleared for 10 miles
321342 Cleared for 10 miles
321347 Cleared for 10 miles
321359 Cleared for 10 miles
315813 Cleared for 10 miles
321313 Cleared for 10 miles
10-Mar-15
S-7 21357 Cleared for 10 miles
13-Mar-15
S-7 21439 New
15-Mar-15
1992 ts 92056 New
1992 ts 92082 New
317653 Cleared for 10 miles, first time as 317/6
321366 Cleared for 10 miles
321352 Cleared for 10 miles
19-Mar-15
S-7 21445 New
377505 Cleared for 10 miles
20-Mar-15
2009 ts 11055 Cleared for 10 miles
142021 Cleared for 10 miles
142084 New, cleared for 10 miles
142091 Cleared for 10 miles
156469 New
142019 New, cleared for 10 miles
142086 Cleared for 10 miles
142088 Cleared for 10 miles
156451 New, cleared for 10 miles
142023 New, cleared for 10 miles
142025 New
156475 New, cleared for 10 miles
43467 First time numbered 434xx
43484 First time numbered 434xx
23-Mar-15
377507 Cleared for 10 miles
 

childwallblues

Established Member
Joined
3 Jul 2014
Messages
3,875
Location
Liverpool, UK
0631 319362 St Helens Junction-Manchester Piccadilly 20.13 miles
0720 185146 Manchester Piccadilly-Sheffield 42.56 miles WINNER!
0815 144007 Sheffield-Meadowhall 3.30 miles
0831 158860 Meadowhall-Sheffield 3.30 miles
0853 142096 Sheffield-Meadowhall 3.30 miles
0901 185151 Meadowhall-Sheffield 3.30 miles
0924 220003 Sheffield-Derby 36.39 miles WINNER!
0952 156408 Derby-Duffield 5.25 miles WINNER!
1003 153319 Duffield-Long Eaton 13.37 miles WINNER!
1037 156403 Long Eaton-Derby 8.12 miles WINNER!
1125 222001 Derby-Chesterfield 24.14 miles
1220 158774 Chesterfield-Sheffield 12.25 miles
1250 150276 Sheffield-Meadowhall 3.30 miles
1302 185116 Meadowhall-Stockport 45.86 miles WINNER!
1526 158858 Stockport-Manchester Piccadilly 5.88 miles
1550 175107 Manchester Picc-Manchester Oxford Rd 0.54 miles WINNER!
1558 319363 Manchester Oxford Road-St Helens Junction 19.59 miles

220.58 miles travelled on the day
153319 156403/08 175107 185116/46 and 220003 were winners for haulage.
All carriages ridden: 142096 144007 150276 158774/858 319363
Just 185111 required to complete haulage of the class.

DD
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,468
Red Pen 9/4/15

350377
68013
67008
350262
350368
350373
350376
377707
350371
350375
321414
67013
68010

YTD: 151
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
09/04/15
43071
43144
43182

ytd: 152
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,846
Location
West of Andover
9/4/15

319007
319008 (all 319/0s cleared)
319444
319456
319460 (2 319/4s left [1x319/2 & 1x 319/3 which is still in service with Thameslink, plus the other 319/3s either with Northern or off-lease)
321412 (last LM 321 :))
350127
350239
387116
395016
 
Last edited:

crehld

Established Member
Joined
1 Nov 2014
Messages
1,994
Location
Norfolk
9 April

150107
153354
321412
350101
350113
350114
350123
350129
350260
350263
350267
350268
390128
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
11/04/15
170522
170105
390002
158828
158826
158888
170502
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,468
Red Pen 11/4/15

LU243
LU203
LU866
LU159
LU138
377104
450557
450021
450122
450039
450071
450028
LU237
LU244

YTD: 158
 

childwallblues

Established Member
Joined
3 Jul 2014
Messages
3,875
Location
Liverpool, UK
0703 508111 Bache-Hooton 7.09 miles
0720 57301 Hooton-Oxford 187.11 miles WINNER!
1553 57301 Oxford-Bache 221.48 miles

415.68 miles travelled on the day.
408.59 miles travelled behind 57301.
This rail tor traversed some freight tracks including Sutton Park, Camp Hill and the Didcot West Curve.
New track for me was :-
Ryecroft Junction-Castle Bromwich Junction (Sutton Park) 12.63 miles
Landor Street Junction-St Andrews Junction (Camp Hill) 0.56 miles
Didcot North Junction-Foxhall Junction 0.71 miles
Stroud-Standish Junction 4.81 miles

DD
 

Ellss

Member
Joined
31 Mar 2015
Messages
21
Red Pen thanks to LM "The Great Escape" tickets.

9/4/15

67013
82304
153334
170501
168106
172220
350120
350236
350255
350263
350266


11/4/15

153334
172342
323208
323216
323221
323240
350101
350110
350114
350118
350122
350126
350256
390138
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,846
Location
West of Andover
10/4:
43015
165011
165018
165038
168110
221135
317339
365535
365536
387105
387109

11/4:
66003
66047

12/4:
317342
319385
350116
350117
350125
350232
350241
350262
350264
365505
365515
365525
378219
378220
378221
378224
378226
378234
378255
387106
387110
387120
450034
450072
450111
450112
455712
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top