• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Red Pen 2015 - your new haulages

Status
Not open for further replies.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,468

Wow! That was cheating of epic proportions. With light rail one can easily score lots and lots and lots in one day in a big system. <(

Anyhoo

Red Pen 12/3/15

156413

Red Pen 14/3/15

455806
377615
450026
450012

YTD: 122
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
18/3/15

390046
43314
43208
67030

19/3/15

90028 (I did have it 11 years ago)
390005
 

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
23,389
Wow! That was cheating of epic proportions. With light rail one can easily score lots and lots and lots in one day in a big system. <(

It doesn't have to be light rail - you could probably score about 50 378s in a day if you had never been on one before. It just needs to be anything with a compact network.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,839
Location
Nowhere Heath
It's not cheating at all! I could get far more in a day on the Tube and DLR ;)

No-one ever said light rail isn't includable in this thread, besides if we can count foreign stuff then light rail is perfectly fine.

I could accuse a lot of you of 'cheating' simply because you get to spend a lot of time on the rails. If I could afford to do so, I'd be out far more often than I am currently!
 

37038

Member
Joined
11 Apr 2014
Messages
701
06/03:
37604 67001 142051 158827 390047

08/03:
37418 175104 323223

11/03:
(Sheffield Trams) 101 102 103 104 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 118 119 121 122 123 124 125
08834 158845 158863

12/03:
(Sheffield Trams) 120
142014 142033 142052 150119 221126 322482

13/03:
158797

Cracking on well. EMT & NTR 158s cleared as well as Supertram fleet

YTD: 98
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,839
Location
Nowhere Heath
Very nice indeed, I still need to return to Supertram for some shack scratching and a lot of the trams too. Just there's better things to be doing!
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,846
Location
West of Andover
20/3/15
43195
221137
221139

New track: Reading flyover :)

Still haven't been able to get a seat on 180102 at the 3rd time of trying :(

Roll on Manchester tomorrow :)
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,846
Location
West of Andover
Jealous of having 2 more super lovely XC 221s?

I was shocked today, the return leg (139) was running early and had to sit outside Basingstoke for a few minutes for the junction to clear! A XC service running on time/early, Reading improvements must be working! ;)
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
20/3/15

323203
 

andyb2706

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2013
Messages
747
Location
Manchester
Woo-hoo!!! My 200th post, okay it is nothing to some of you guys on here but this is a milestone for me and kind of a quick spurt to get here over the recent months and what better thread to reach this landmark than the red pen thread I can not think of one, so here goes.

20th March

142057
156441
319363
390112
001 (Blackpool Tram)
002 (Blackpool Tram)

With 6 new shacks: Newton-le-Willows, Huyton, Bamber Bridge, Squires Gate, Starr Gate, Cleveleys :)
 

TEW

Established Member
Joined
16 May 2008
Messages
6,228
20th March
67014
68011
150107
168214
168219
323209
390001

Total(YTD):83

Got my first 68 in the book. And got the last of the 3 LM 150s.
 

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Joined
18 Dec 2012
Messages
19,367
Location
Yorkshire
Don't normally log my haulages as a matter of course, but I did get the TdF 158 home from the football on Tuesday night... Maybe I should start logging units I get, but then I just end up being even more annoyed when 144022 inevitably turns up on HUD-DBD!
 

hassaanhc

Established Member
Joined
5 Jan 2014
Messages
2,225
Location
Southall
Since my last update on 28 January, although until 10 March only:

Code:
43149+43171
150107
172213
172222
313039
315827
315834
315845
317651
317884
319002
319373
319430
319457
323219
350106
350250
350256
350257
350374
360116
376002
376012
376018
377417
377606
378210
387108
455809
458013
458536
465165
466008

Total: 77 until 10 March
 
Last edited:

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,468
Red Pen 19/3

POD 208
POD 218
POD 214
POD 101
POD 206
POD 212
POD 205
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,839
Location
Nowhere Heath
bb21:2114422 said:
Red Pen 19/3

POD 208
POD 218
POD 214
POD 101
POD 206
POD 212
POD 205

In English? What are PODs? Are you sure you're not cheating? ;)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
andyb2706:2114312 said:
Woo-hoo!!! My 200th post, okay it is nothing to some of you guys on here but this is a milestone for me and kind of a quick spurt to get here over the recent months and what better thread to reach this landmark than the red pen thread I can not think of one, so here goes.

20th March

142057
156441
319363
390112
001 (Blackpool Tram)
002 (Blackpool Tram)

With 6 new shacks: Newton-le-Willows, Huyton, Bamber Bridge, Squires Gate, Starr Gate, Cleveleys :)

Well done on the 200th post, the way I'm going I'll be on 11,000 before summer arrives :lol:

I take it your post means you've healed up and back in action again?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
61653 HTAFC:2114396 said:
Don't normally log my haulages as a matter of course, but I did get the TdF 158 home from the football on Tuesday night... Maybe I should start logging units I get, but then I just end up being even more annoyed when 144022 inevitably turns up on HUD-DBD!

Never too late to start ;) I have no idea which 158 is in the Tour de France livery!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Kite159:2114127 said:
Jealous of having 2 more super lovely XC 221s?

I was shocked today, the return leg (139) was running early and had to sit outside Basingstoke for a few minutes for the junction to clear! A XC service running on time/early, Reading improvements must be working! ;)

Oh god no, not jealous of the 221s! Reading must be getting there aye, although I do wonder how often FGW get held just east of the station, as used to be common practice...
 

andyb2706

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2013
Messages
747
Location
Manchester
In English? What are PODs? Are you sure you're not cheating? ;)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---




I take it your post means you've healed up and back in action again?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Glad you asked about the POD, I was wondering that too.

Unfortunately not fully healed. Just done two days of testing the ankle and is quite sore tonight. I need to rest it a bit more :(
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

I had no idea too as to what a POD was.
 

55013

Established Member
Joined
4 Sep 2005
Messages
1,577
Location
Yorkshire
I've just had four days in Scotland and managed to scrape a few winners, to wit:

67011 :D - My 30th and final 67

156513

158703
158708
158735

314201
314203
314204
314205
314206
314208
314209
314210
314211
314212
314214
314215
314216

318255
318262
318263

320303
320304
320312
320315
320316
320318
320320
320321
320322

334005
334007
334009
334011
334014
334017
334018
334019
334020
334028
334031
334032
334033
334036
334039

380005
380018

380101
380104
380109
380111

I also had a brief dabble with the Edinburgh trams and had the following:
251
259
261
263
273
277

Totals:
1 loco (yee-ha!)
4 DMUs
46 EMUs
6 Trams

Not a bad few days, the trip report will follow in due course :)
 
Last edited:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,839
Location
Nowhere Heath
I wondered where you'd been lately!

Congratulations on getting your last 67 scored, quite the achievement there and you're the first person I've heard of in my regular circle (if that makes sense!) that's cleared them.

Lots of 314s, but I see a lack of 314213 in your list. Does that mean you've had it already or it wasn't out?

Very productive trip indeed there, looking forward to the trip report as always. Seems everyone is bashing in Scotland this year!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
bb21:2115009 said:
In English? What are PODs? Are you sure you're not cheating? ;)

You need to get out a bit more. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ULTra_(rapid_transit)

That really seems to be pushing the boundaries of what's includable here, those things are just bizarre...
 

55013

Established Member
Joined
4 Sep 2005
Messages
1,577
Location
Yorkshire
Congratulations on getting your last 67 scored, quite the achievement there and you're the first person I've heard of in my regular circle (if that makes sense!) that's cleared them.

Thanks.
67011 has been bugging me for quite a while now.
My penultimate one was 67020 in September 2010, so four and a half years needing just one, I was quite pleased :)

Lots of 314s, but I see a lack of 314213 in your list. Does that mean you've had it already or it wasn't out?

314213 was one of two that I'd had previously.
Did it work? All will be revealed in my report (Hint: yes it did).

Very productive trip indeed there, looking forward to the trip report as always. Seems everyone is bashing in Scotland this year!

To be honest, the trip was booked way back at the start of January and before I went I was starting to think I had made the wrong call and should have gone South instead.
In the end, it turned out fine!
I'm going to start writing the report now, no idea when It'll be finished.
 

87015

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2006
Messages
5,078
Location
GEML/WCML/SR
DB 182021. Class cleared!
Having wanted only that one for 18 months a bit nervous to see it parked on the standby set at Dresden but kicked out this morning as the poxy units can't cope with the loadings as usual!
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,846
Location
West of Andover
21st March
142004
142043
142063

150226
150270
150277

156423

158774
158777
158780;
158783
158785
158788
158813
158852

170309

185116;
185123;
185129

221125;
221126

323226
323230
323235
323236

350402

390005;
390103;
390121;
390135;

450556

(Silly question regarding the TPE 170s, I believe come May they are keeping hold of 4 units when 5 come back down south to Chiltern, any idea which 4 they are keeping for the additional months before the Oxford-Bicester line reopens?)
 
Last edited:

33056

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2007
Messages
2,424
Location
On a train somewhere in Europe
A handful to add from the last week:
Andrew Barclay 0-6-0ST no. 2139 "Salmon"
Andrew Barclay 0-4-0ST no. 2088 "Sir Thomas Royden"
GWR 0-4-2T 1450
GWR 2-8-0T 4270
Crab 2-6-0 13065 (AKA 42765)

Diesels
57004
57008
 

12CSVT

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2010
Messages
2,611
67011 :D - My 30th and final 67

Am I supposed to congratulate you or curse your good luck ?

As far as I'm aware neither of the two 67s I still need for haulage have turned a wheel this year, these being 67006 (stored at Crewe Electric), and 67019 (at Toton).
 

45135

Member
Joined
15 Dec 2014
Messages
107
I've just had four days in Scotland and managed to scrape a few winners, to wit:

67011 :D - My 30th and final 67
Congratulations (spawny get) :D

67007 and 009 required here - 9 seems to be nailed to either the Fort William or Aberdeen sleepers and 7 has gone on its holidays down South.
 

andyb2706

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2013
Messages
747
Location
Manchester
21st March
142004
142078
150141
390010
390123
390132

New Shacks: Birinnington, Guide Bridge, Woodley

Down to needing 26 142's.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top