• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Red Pen 2015 - your new haulages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,859
Location
West of Andover
First and possibly last time ever that the Shanghai Metro will be mentioned on Red Pen threads! Certainly can't imagine many of us getting those in the book!

Will go as additional units.

And another which will be the only time in this thread
Beijing metro:
S408
0448

I don't think the other cities in visiting have metro systems
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,471
First and possibly last time ever that the Shanghai Metro will be mentioned on Red Pen threads! Certainly can't imagine many of us getting those in the book!

Are we showing off then?
91.gif
15.gif


From the last few years:

Shanghai Metro (2011)

0112, 0122, 0147, 0235, 0240, 0281, 309, 310, 314, 317, 322, 323, 0407, 0412, 0416, 0417, 0422, 0506, 0605, 0718, 0742, 0801, 0809, 0819, 0829, 0832, 0913, 0916, 0928, 0935, 1002, 1005, 1006, 1024, 1027, 1030, 1034, 1122, 1131 (Yeah I was doing network coverage, which is no longer sufficient now due to new line openings and extensions in recent years.)

Shanghai Metro (2012)

0118, 0120, 0127, 0137, 0257, 308, 312, 316, 0406, 1036

Beijing Metro (2011)

071, 1072, G451, S412, T404, T435, TP412, W412, W416, W422

Nanjing Metro (2012)

01073/01074

National Rail (2011)

SS9-0160, CRH3-055C, CRH2-166A

National Rail (2012)

CRH2-173A, CRH2-176A

Nothing from recent years unfortunately. I never thought units from outside Europe counted as no one really understood them.

Hope you had a good time Dave. The high peak rush hours on the Metro with-flow is quite an experience in itself.

I have no idea how they number the units in Beijing. Off the grape vine each line had its own numbering system.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
I always count it, regardless of country! I don't think we were doing Red Pen threads at the time bb21 so I stand by my comment ;)
 

andyb2706

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2013
Messages
747
Location
Manchester
Thursday 19th February
142019
144023
150119
158812
158853
185114
Sheffield Supertram:
102
104
106
114
115
121
122
123
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
19/2/15
Heavy rail
350244
390132
350409
350402
170306
170303
156461
350408
158774
158846
185146
185134
350248

Metrolink
3037
3045
3092
3067
3084
 

CC 72100

Established Member
Joined
23 Jan 2012
Messages
3,852
First and possibly last time ever that the Shanghai Metro will be mentioned on Red Pen threads! Certainly can't imagine many of us getting those in the book!

You just know somebody is gonna come along now and go "Shanghai metro? Cleared it mate".

On the subject of metro, I managed to clear all the Paris line 1 (MP05 stock) units during my time there. 49 units but working full time so guaranteed at least 10 a week, although it took me ages to get the last one. :lol:
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,859
Location
West of Andover
You just know somebody is gonna come along now and go "Shanghai metro? Cleared it mate".

On the subject of metro, I managed to clear all the Paris line 1 (MP05 stock) units during my time there. 49 units but working full time so guaranteed at least 10 a week, although it took me ages to get the last one. :lol:

The Chinese are having a subway building boom, new lines opening yearly. Will probably take a couple days to do the entire system, including the premium airport runs (and maglet)

As it is 'spring holiday' (new year) week, the Beijing subway was running at 'offpeak' 30 tph, no massive crowds nor the so called 60tph peak service. Still massively busy around the tourist hotspots.
 
Last edited:

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,471
Just for you Techniquest. ;)
 

Attachments

  • IMAG0762.jpg
    IMAG0762.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 29

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
Its 350239. :lol:

21/2/15
170517
170507
323241
323202
390136
390104
170513
323209
172334
Midland Metro tram 18
139002
172331
158838
158839
350128
170509
170512
323243
323216
172339

I got loads today!
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
Bleedin' nora fishquinn, you did have a very good day! You must have needed a lot with LM then! :lol:

Just seen the attached photo of 350239 from bb21, my immediate reaction is not polite! :lol:

*Fingers crossed I have a fair bit of a clearout of my 350 requirements on Monday*
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,471
I actually have a picture of 350231 as well also from this morning, but thought I better not rub it in too much. :D

Red Pen 21/2/15

350255
390104
390115
390046

YTD: 96
 

55013

Established Member
Joined
4 Sep 2005
Messages
1,577
Location
Yorkshire
I've just done a couple of days away at short notice and decided to do a Freedom of Severn & Solent.
I could only do two days of the 3 in 7 rover but figured I could still get my money's worth :)

Winners were:

20/02/15
43035
43170
43366
150247
158951
221133

21/02/15
158887
158888
444006
444007
444010
444019
444026
444032
444039
444042
444043
450016
450037
450551
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
Bleedin' nora fishquinn, you did have a very good day! You must have needed a lot with LM then! :lol:

Just seen the attached photo of 350239 from bb21, my immediate reaction is not polite! :lol:

*Fingers crossed I have a fair bit of a clearout of my 350 requirements on Monday*

I did need a lot of LM stuff, but that has gone down. I only need 11 London Midland 323s now though!
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,859
Location
West of Andover
My holiday has brought me to Xi'an, where between being on a bus heading to see some porcelain soldiers (I've been on pacers with better ride, that thing was bouncing along fighting it's way though traffic) I've walked out of the hotel, risked death crossing the road to ride my 3rd Chinese subway, opened in 2011 and still being built (2 lines open out of 6+ so far)

0106; 0110; 0205; 0209
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
bb21:2084806 said:
I actually have a picture of 350231 as well also from this morning, but thought I better not rub it in too much. :D

Not jealous, not at all...[/sarcasm]

Very good bit of results there 55013, fair dos.

16 hours until I'm heading to town for my GE now, bring it on already!
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,859
Location
West of Andover
Enjoy your GE Justin :)

A shame I can't track you on Twitter owing to the lack of twitter in this mad and busy land.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
Oh I will, got my vouchers printed and getting rather excited now! :D

350231, 350239, hopefully plenty of 350/3s and 321416, you WILL be in the book by Tuesday morning! <D
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
bb21:2085437 said:
Justin :lol: I like that.

I do like Justin as an alter ego, so much so it's been used for the last couple of years! That said in my case Justin's the 'norm' so doesn't tend to see the light of day :lol:
 

6Gman

Established Member
Joined
1 May 2012
Messages
9,234
Finally found 221111 on 1735 Chester - Crewe on Thursday - cleared the Virgin 221s.

Plenty ox XCs to go though :D
 

andyb2706

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2013
Messages
747
Location
Manchester
Friday 20th February
43308
43367
142003
142018
142066
142079
144003
144010
144019
153317
158753
158816
158908
 

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
My holiday has brought me to Xi'an, where between being on a bus heading to see some porcelain soldiers (I've been on pacers with better ride, that thing was bouncing along fighting it's way though traffic) I've walked out of the hotel, risked death crossing the road to ride my 3rd Chinese subway, opened in 2011 and still being built (2 lines open out of 6+ so far)

0106; 0110; 0205; 0209

Fantastic! I was in Xi'an in July. We took the Sleeper from Beijing. That was...fun!
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
I have less than originally expected to post from today, but the trip report will fully explain the reasons. Yes I will be starting it soon, I have almost 4 A4 sides of notes to go through from today!

23/02/2015

321416 (last LM 321!)

350231
350239 (last 350/2!)

350368
350372 (first 350/3!)

YTD: 104

Shack Attack: Tring

Many thanks HAVE to go out to Dennis at LM's Twitter Towers, otherwise I'd have not got 350239! Had an amazing Great Escape today, truely lived up to its name, now it's waiting for the next one to get the other 8 350/3s in!
 
Last edited:

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,471
Well done. Those two weren't too tricky to get after all. :D

What is your nemesis now?
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
Congrats on clearing your 350/2s and LM 321s!
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
bb21:2086782 said:
Well done. Those two weren't too tricky to get after all. :D

What is your nemesis now?

I did need help finding 350239 mind, bug they're finally out of the way!

Not got a nemesis yet after those two, will no doubt have one show up following my next trip in a couple of weeks :lol:

Fishquinn: Thanks! :D
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,471
Red Pen 23/2/15

158832
153382
150926
150101
150925
150247
158960
455861
166215

YTD: 105
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top