• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Red Pen 2015 - your new haulages

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyb2706

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2013
Messages
747
Location
Manchester
Photos are a work in progress. Got so far behind with them. Need to do a major sort out when I've got my logs up to date.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

samuelmorris

Established Member
Joined
18 Jul 2013
Messages
5,121
Location
Brentwood, Essex
A very busy two days there! I should imagine that's made your books look better somewhat lol.

Oh and I'm jealous you got 11001 on the Tube, I've been after it and the other low numbered ones but I never find them!

As for the photos I'll have a look when I can :)

See, for me that's just '01' or should I say '01A' since it's the second train I believe to carry those numbers. I have most of the low numbered 09 'sets' as it were, not recording each individual half where they spend their lives together to reduce my workload :) - just missing 3 and 7, from the first 10. Spreadsheet shows 33 of the 47 captured, but not many have mileages against them as they're mostly from back in 2012 when I used to do a run to Goodge Street via Warren Street on a regular basis. Alas, like a lot of its counterparts, the particular shop near Tottenham Court Road I used has long since gone out of business so I haven't been down there in 18 months or so.

2015's red pen is a little sparse as I've only been on the railway twice so far this year - my return trip from York and one outing to a client and back.
I missed the number of the 91 down to London (again!), the S7 and the 321 to get me home from there were both duds, and no significant mileage milestones to report either.
Monday's customer outing was slightly better, although all units were still duds, one of the S8s and the 321 had their first recorded mileage (already in the sheet from the days I didn't record mileage though, so neither were new units).

321309: Cleared for 20 miles straight 2015-01-05
S8/33: Cleared for 1 mile 2015-01-05

So if we're keeping score (perhaps this should go in my signature)
2015 mileage: 251.26
Units travelled: 7
New units scored: 0
 

hassaanhc

Established Member
Joined
5 Jan 2014
Messages
2,225
Location
Southall
I've never really kept a record of my journeys before, so this year I'll be starting from scratch, hence today's new haulage was as follows:
165113, 165122, 165129, 166208, 168001, 168107, 172102, 220013 and 220030.

I'm also starting a record of my journeys this year! Will add my first-time units in a bit. Not sure if I should include those that I know for certain I got last year :/
 

samuelmorris

Established Member
Joined
18 Jul 2013
Messages
5,121
Location
Brentwood, Essex
Looking for another couple of SWT units to add to my collection tomorrow, on my way over to our head office so should bump 2015's mileage up by another 100 or so :)
 

TEW

Established Member
Joined
16 May 2008
Messages
6,228
7th January
313038
313055
313056
313134
365510
365511
387108
387113
387114

Total(YTD):9

Nice to get off to a start for the year. Had unsurprising success with the 313s, didn't take me long at all to clear those 4. Now down to just 4 313s required for haulage, excluding 313121 which I don't think I'm ever going to clear.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,841
Location
Nowhere Heath
4 including 313/2s? If so not bad at all! I had 313121 many years ago fortunately, still plenty of 313/0s and 313/2s that I need though
 

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
So these are my journeys for 2015 so far:

01/01/15 2L52 1057 Pontyclun to Cardiff Central 150217
02/01/15 2L53 1218 Cardiff Central to Bridgend 150264
02/01/15 1W66 1526 Bridgend to Cardiff Central 175001
06/01/15 2C15 1012 Waun-Gron Park to Cardiff Central 142073
06/01/15 1L51 1055 Cardiff Central to Bristol Parkway 43024/43087
06/01/15 1V65 2015 Bristol Temple Meads to Cardiff Central 220028
08/01/15 2C71 1000 Cardiff Central to Filton Abbey Wood 150130
08/01/15 1F26 1754 Bristol Temple Meads to Cardiff Central 158960

Out of these, 150130, 150217 and 220028 are all new ones I needed, so a good start!
 

TEW

Established Member
Joined
16 May 2008
Messages
6,228
4 including 313/2s? If so not bad at all! I had 313121 many years ago fortunately, still plenty of 313/0s and 313/2s that I need though

Yes, 4 including 313/2s. I managed to clear all the 313/2s last year. Unfortunately I only had 2 313s with London Overground, and neither were 313121.
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
I hate 313s, but why won't you get 313121?

Is it stored or something?
 

TEW

Established Member
Joined
16 May 2008
Messages
6,228
It's the Network Rail ERTMS test unit. Hasn't worked in passenger service since 2009/10 and is unlikely to ever do so again.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,841
Location
Nowhere Heath
TEW:2032880 said:
4 including 313/2s? If so not bad at all! I had 313121 many years ago fortunately, still plenty of 313/0s and 313/2s that I need though

Yes, 4 including 313/2s. I managed to clear all the 313/2s last year. Unfortunately I only had 2 313s with London Overground, and neither were 313121.

Not bad at all, something like 24 all in I think for me. I was lucky to do a good few 313/1s years ago, a lot of which were converted to /2s but the remaining ones I'd had back in 2005/2006, including 313121 at least twice :)
 

TEW

Established Member
Joined
16 May 2008
Messages
6,228
9th January
466021

Total(YTD):10

A very quick bash to say a temporary farewell to the London Bridge-Waterloo East move, a move which has produced countless winning units for me.
 

samuelmorris

Established Member
Joined
18 Jul 2013
Messages
5,121
Location
Brentwood, Essex
Biggest decision of the week!
Two 317s on the 2305 Shenfield Metro service (503 for sure at the country end and 667 at the London end I think) which was a real novelty but after a long day I'm not sure I wanted to add 20 minutes more to my journey by taking them when I could be home earlier on the Ipswich fast instead. Walked to the front of the train to discover the leading 321 is a winner, one of very few I still need. It's settled then - I can ride the 317s some other day - having seen them there is novelty enough :)

Interesting announcement just playing that the Cambridge service is mis-advertised as a slow service rather than the fast service it actually is. The guy announcing it is making a bit of a meal of the announcement and probably confusing people more but at least he's reading out the correct calling pattern and reiterating the list of stations the train won't be calling at.

Pretty sure both the 444s I took to Woking and back today were winners - will be very cross if not as I think I only currently have 2 or 3! Sadly the Waterloo & City line train I had to run for was not. Not a bad result for the day though.
 
Last edited:

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,469
Well my first day of unit bashing this year started earlier than I thought. I will keep a YTD total this year to see how I get on. So list of winners from today (in chronological order):

378228
390112
350263
158823
350117
350111
377204
377705
350370
350374
350115
350104
507001
150237

Plus from earlier this week:

377708
375911

YTD: 16
 

samuelmorris

Established Member
Joined
18 Jul 2013
Messages
5,121
Location
Brentwood, Essex
Well the 321 saved almost no time at all, as it was crawling at 20-30 most of the way from Gidea Park to Shenfield and sat outside Stratford for 5 minutes waiting for another 317 to come across, ultimately arriving at Shenfield 10 late and having risen to 14 by Chelmsford. I arrived at Shenfield to be greeted with the stench of excrement, which I soon discovered the cause of with an emergency drain callout team standing with the drain open in the subway cordoned off, with two of their vans outside (fair play for actually working on it at this hour). I was then accosted by a drunk in the taxi queue outside the station. Don't you just love late night commuting? :s
Still, a £25 return trip for a little over 90 miles cross-London isn't too bad, considering work's oyster card doesn't have a railcard against it. Would have been about 20 quid otherwise.
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
First 2 units of the year winners!

10/1/15

390001
390050
 

samuelmorris

Established Member
Joined
18 Jul 2013
Messages
5,121
Location
Brentwood, Essex
Dan - could be worse, I only have 125 and 135!

9th January:

315844 Brentwood-Stratford - New entry - Cleared for 10 miles straight
96479 Stratford-Waterloo
444003 Waterloo-Woking - Winner - Cleared for 20 miles straight
444025 Woking-Waterloo - Winner - Cleared for 20 miles straight
W&C Unit 03 Waterloo-Bank
321302 Liverpool Street-Shenfield - New entry - Cleared for 20 miles straight

2015 mileage: 346m25c
Units travelled: 13
New units scored: 4

Good day yesterday - the journey home was a little stressful, but 4 winning units in a day is something I don't think I've had since I last ventured somewhere new. For it all to come up on routes I travel fairly regularly, I'm super pleased :)
 
Last edited:

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,469
Two more winners from today:

168215
390136

YTD: 18

I did however get three new Midland Metro units: 19, 23 and 24, now only missing two up to 26.

First 2 units of the year winners!

10/1/15

390001
390050

Blimey, what did you do? I had 390001 today too and 390050 yesterday. Duds for me though.
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,849
Location
West of Andover
Friday & Saturday's new units:

Thameslink:
319009

Southern:
377126; 377309; 377327; 455805; 455840

SWT:
450030; 450560; 450565

DBS:
60079 & 67026

(Plus London Bus LJ61 NWN on a route 249 (twice), and how rare are London Overground services starting from P3 at Crystal Palace?)
 
Last edited:

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
Blimey, what did you do? I had 390001 today too and 390050 yesterday. Duds for me though.

08:42 Coventry-Crewe 10:09 (it actually arrived at 10:20) 390001
15:01 Crewe-Coventry 16:30 390050

What did you do?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Good lad!

I still have loads of Pendos left to grab. Only got 390011, 390119, 390137, 390042 and 390046!

I do live in the are for them though. I am doing alright, but I am definitely going to do a hunt for them around Brum, sometime soon!

I have just checked and I have only had 21 out of the 56 there are! I thought I had more.
 
Last edited:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,841
Location
Nowhere Heath
I did however get three new Midland Metro units: 19, 23 and 24, now only missing two up to 26.

Not bad, there's a good few more on top of 26 to come isn't there?

fishquinn: Manchester's better for 390s with one every 20 minutes and none of this annoyance like in Birmingham where Voyagers turn up as and when they like!
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
fishquinn: Manchester's better for 390s with one every 20 minutes and none of this annoyance like in Birmingham where Voyagers turn up as and when they like!

Thanks Techniquest,

The reason I chose Brum is because it is very easy to get to, whereas Mancc isn't. The other problem with Manchester is that I would probably start doing Oxford Road leaps and forget about the pendos! I will try and do a few around Manchester in the future though :)
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,469
Not bad, there's a good few more on top of 26 to come isn't there?

The highest is 35 I think, considering that there are 19 new trams iirc.

I have not yet seen anything higher than 26 in service so far however.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,841
Location
Nowhere Heath
fishquinn:2035910 said:
fishquinn: Manchester's better for 390s with one every 20 minutes and none of this annoyance like in Birmingham where Voyagers turn up as and when they like!

Thanks Techniquest,

The reason I chose Brum is because it is very easy to get to, whereas Mancc isn't. The other problem with Manchester is that I would probably start doing Oxford Road leaps and forget about the pendos! I will try and do a few around Manchester in the future though :)

Aye I usually aim to do some 390 bashing in Birmingham as it's also my closest place to get them in. Piccadilly to Stockport (or vice-versa) leaps have generated a good few winners for me in the past, at least there's not that "it could be a 221" as it is in Birmingham!

Only needing 9 390s (2 of them /0s) is making it hard to find a winner now!

Bb21: My NREA lists 01-36, making it 20 new trams. My highest numbered tram up there is 23 so far, so I'm assuming there's quite a few deliveries/acceptances to come yet!

Samuelmorris: Some good results for you this year already, especially when getting them in on your regular routes!
 
Last edited:

samuelmorris

Established Member
Joined
18 Jul 2013
Messages
5,121
Location
Brentwood, Essex
Thanks techniquest, yeah my SWT Desiro count is still fairly low given the enormous fleet size so the odds were still good that I'd get winners both ways for that journey, though it being a 444 on each was good as that boosts my 444 score significantly - turns out I had 4 already so I'm now up to 6 captured. The 450 count seems much healthier at 29, until you realise how many of them there are! :p
321302 was the real surprise of the night though, very pleased I picked that up as I'm now only missing 307, 308, 322, 366, 421 and 445 out of the whole AGA set. Not too fussed about collecting LM and GN units because I never use those lines. While I often use the ECML to/fro York, it's usually with heavy luggage, so swapping at Peterborough to take the slower route down would be a real pain :)
With any luck, once the 700s are in full service the 321s will get nabbed by AGA so I can get them here instead, I hope :D

Rather frustratingly, the fifth Waterloo & City line pair (09/10) has yet to show itself once despite me having sixteen trips on the line in my mileage spreadsheet. I have 07 once but haven't caught that pair again to grab 08. Every time I use the line it always seems to be one of the first three, 01-06...

Given that whenever we I used the train socially (admittedly not often, but a handful of times a year) between the early 1990s and 2004 it involved a 315, the fact I used a 315 as part of the journey home from school every afternoon plus the fact I commuted on 315s to London and back every day of the week for 5 months in 2011/2012, I'm fairly confident I've ridden on every 315 now, but I'm still documenting them for mileage anyway, and the one from Friday luckily happened to be one I needed as well - My use of the term 'new entry' denotes it's new to my units spreadsheet but not necessarily a unit I've never been on.
 
Last edited:

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,849
Location
West of Andover
I've got 65 x 450s left, so nearly half-way there :)

When it gets down to say 45, I will input required numbers into my phone to go 450 hunting.
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,469
I've got 65 x 450s left, so nearly half-way there :)

When it gets down to say 45, I will input required numbers into my phone to go 450 hunting.

Given that they are fairly local to you, shame on you, especially considering how much bashing you did last year. :p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top