• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Red Pen 2014 - your new haulages

Status
Not open for further replies.

childwallblues

Established Member
Joined
3 Jul 2014
Messages
3,890
Location
Liverpool, UK
02/11/2014

1247 390138 Liverpool Lime Street-Euston 193.70 miles
1615 166213 Paddington-Reading 35.91 miles
1917 165119 Reading-Twyford 4.96 miles
1937 166212 Twyford-Reading 4.96 miles
1952 166209 Reading-Twyford 4.96 miles
2000 165136 Twyford-Maidenhead 6.78 miles
2029 166218 Maidenhead-Twyford 6.78 miles
2104 166217 Twyford-Reading 4.96 miles

03/11/2014

1156 180102 Reading-Paddington 35.91 miles
1307 390141 Euston-Liverpool Lime Street 193.70 miles


165136 166209/13/17 and 180102 were winners for haulage.
390138 was an extended winner for haulage

DD
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
17,855
Location
Oakham
Three units = six halves.


Meanwhile, I have been a bit remiss in not yet posting the haulages I gained during the Sleeper Train Challenge until now!

15th September:

377 702
377 705

21429/30 ( S7 )

20th September:

67 007
 
Last edited:

12CSVT

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2010
Messages
2,611
A bit late I know, but here's my new haulages for October

04/10/2014 at AFRPS Scunthorpe diesel gala
03128, 10180 (Sentinel 0-6-0), 44 (TATA steel / YEC 0-6-0 DE)

06/10/2014
350373

07/10/2014
350402, Blackpool 'Flexity' 011

10/10/2014
West Midlands trams 18, 24, 25

11/10/2014 (at KWVR)
Steam locos 34092 'Wells', 1704 'Nunlow', 5820 (USATC S160)

12/10/2014 (at Tanfield Railway)
Industrial steam 'Cochrane' (RSH 0-4-0 ST)
Industrial diesel No.2 (Armstrong Whitworth 0-4-0 DE) on shunt releases at Causey Arch)

18/10/2014
Underground 'S7' - 21433 + 21434
Not sure if 73961 should count, having had 73209 for haulage.
 

TheJRB

Established Member
Joined
14 Feb 2011
Messages
1,208
Location
Ashford, Kent
Not many new catches in the last couple of months and nothing particularly local either!

4th October
319219
319434

18th October
91124
333008
333004
333003
144016
91119
 

andyb2706

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2013
Messages
747
Location
Manchester
It has been a little while since I made a post here due to a family emergency and have only done a couple of small trips up to this month but am now back on track. Here are my haulages from October until now.

2nd October
172218
220004
350239
SVR diesel gala:
40106
12099
D3201
50015
50026
37109
M50933
D8059
D1015
55019

3rd October
SVR diesel gala:
M52064
D9009

4th October
172345
221129

20th October
3061(MET)
158856

21st October
158770

22nd October
185123

4th November
3065(MET)
158708
158727
158731
158868
158870
158871
170405
170410
170414
170470
334018
334026
334031
334032
334037
350403

5th November
3062(MET)
43033
43079
43091
43142
43195
165105
165114
165136
390016
390117
22375(LU)
51537(LU)
51602(LU)

6th November
156486
 

TEW

Established Member
Joined
16 May 2008
Messages
6,228
6th November
144020
150145
153351
158753
180113
185137
185139

Total(YTD):443

First day of a North East Rover. A slightly disappointing day unit wise, with lots of dud units, particularly Northern 158s. Plenty of required track cleared however.
 

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
23,403
Edinburgh trams on Tuesday 4

252, 256, 257, 258, 262, 270

Takes me to seventeen from two visits.

London on Thursday 6

Metropolitan S-stock completed - 21007/08 and 21033/34

Also 21443/44.
 

Strathclyder

Established Member
Joined
12 Jun 2013
Messages
3,846
Location
Clydebank
Snagged 318257 (one of the refurbished units) today from Glasgow Central LL to Clydebank. Quite the step up from the SPT examples I'm used to catching.
 

TEW

Established Member
Joined
16 May 2008
Messages
6,228
8th November
66030
66151

Total(YTD):445

Two winning 66s on 'The Doctor Hoo' railtour on Saturday.
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,862
Location
West of Andover
New haulage from the weekend travels:

Friday:
166212 (Basingstoke to Reading)
43098 & 43037 (Reading to Newbury)
165102 (Newbury to Hungerford)
43165 & 43003 (Hungerford to Trowbridge)

Saturday:
450015 & 450038 (Waterloo to Clapham Junction)
66030 & 66151 (Doctor Hoo Railtour)

Sunday:
220033 (Basingstoke to Southampton via Laverstock)
 
Last edited:

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,471
Got my last 2009 stock yesterday - 11003/4 - completely out of the blue. Got my final D stock (again, as I made a mistake last time) - 7077 - thanks to Mojo, and got my second last FGW HST (third last overall) on Friday - 43153 - thanks to 43094.

Nearly got 43088 too but the journey I wanted to make was cancelled, so I was a bit gutted to say the least.
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
Yesterday at the London Challenge I got the following.

319432
465197
465174
(45)5707
(45)5913
(45)5872
(45)5739
(45)5702
378232
378230
319376
465249

A fun day out, although the HST ride back from Paddington to Didcot was the worst I have ever had.
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-

A tiny bit of room in a freezing vestibule (the rest of the vestibule being filled by Rugby fans from Twickenham), with one window open a little on the other side, combined with an absolute stagger from Paddington to Didcot (due to engineering works), taking an hour and 12 minutes from Paddington to Didcot, 55 minutes of that being from Pad to Reading.
 
Last edited:

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
A tiny bit of room in a freezing vestibule, with one window open a little on the other side, combined with an absolute stagger from Paddington to Didcot, taking an hour and 12 minutes from Paddington to Didcot, 55 minutes of that being from Pad to Reading.

Take it you were on a packed out service then! Not fun.
 

samuelmorris

Established Member
Joined
18 Jul 2013
Messages
5,121
Location
Brentwood, Essex
Having travelled on HSTs in the vestibule often due to lack of luggage rack space, I can confirm they get very cold in winter due to the considerable draughts.
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,471
Is 43088 the last one you need? If so, I'll look out for it!

Thanks. It is. I in fact got the diagram for that unit for the day but could only make the 1315 due to time constraints, so aimed for that out to Reading, then back to Padds to get 43153 out.

I only realised when I got to Padds it was cancelled due to lack of crew, presumably caused by the cancellation of the 1300 arrival (I think). So I got an earlier one out to Reading to catch 43153 on its way into Padds.

43088 then got subbed onto the 1345 Swansea so it left before 43153 got back. <(
 

37038

Member
Joined
11 Apr 2014
Messages
701
08/11/2014:

142011
150137 150148 150203 150207 150222 150226
156405 156420 156424 156425 156427 156441 156472
158810 158855
170308
175101 175103
185130
323227
350406 350410
390156

Most successful day in Manchester. Plenty of 150/156s knocked off (haven't really gone for any AN/NH 15x before) and the odd other unit. Massively pleased to finally clear the 185s by coming across 130 by accident :lol: Also reduced by NT/EMT 158s to 5 and 3 required respectively.

4 350s and 3 170/3s and that's TPEx done :)

135 NT to go!

Thanks
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,845
Location
Nowhere Heath
Haha that's one of only three 450s I've got!

I've had 450002, 450543 and 450569!

And I thought I was doing poorly with the 450s, still needing 72 of them! :lol:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Got my last 2009 stock yesterday - 11003/4 - completely out of the blue. Got my final D stock (again, as I made a mistake last time) - 7077 - thanks to Mojo, and got my second last FGW HST (third last overall) on Friday - 43153 - thanks to 43094.

Nearly got 43088 too but the journey I wanted to make was cancelled, so I was a bit gutted to say the least.

Congratulations on clearing the 2009 sets, I'm still in dire need of almost all of the lower numbered sets as I rarely see them in action. 11017-11094 I'm most of the way with now (about 30 of those to go IIRC, not counted lately), but 11001-11016 I need almost every single set for sight and haulage!

Gutting you missed 43088 in the end, fingers crossed you'll get it next time! If it helps, it took me a long time to get my last FGW HST power car, 43193, and that was with being pretty active on HSTs at the time!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
A tiny bit of room in a freezing vestibule (the rest of the vestibule being filled by Rugby fans from Twickenham), with one window open a little on the other side, combined with an absolute stagger from Paddington to Didcot (due to engineering works), taking an hour and 12 minutes from Paddington to Didcot, 55 minutes of that being from Pad to Reading.

Ouch! I've had worse I must admit, January 2009 I had an HST with failed heating on a cold winter's night from Cardiff Central to Reading. That was a journey way down on the fun scale! :lol: Mind you, I've also had a journey from Edinburgh to Westerton in December 2008 on the seated sleeper, the ETS hadn't been hooked up properly so it was a very cold winter's ride until Ashill (or whatever it's called) when we stopped and got it hooked up properly! My worst 67-hauled journey ever!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
08/11/2014:

142011
150137 150148 150203 150207 150222 150226
156405 156420 156424 156425 156427 156441 156472
158810 158855
170308
175101 175103
185130
323227
350406 350410
390156

Most successful day in Manchester. Plenty of 150/156s knocked off (haven't really gone for any AN/NH 15x before) and the odd other unit. Massively pleased to finally clear the 185s by coming across 130 by accident :lol: Also reduced by NT/EMT 158s to 5 and 3 required respectively.

4 350s and 3 170/3s and that's TPEx done :)

135 NT to go!

Thanks

A very successful day indeed! Congratulations on clearing the 185s, I still need 11 of them. Might have to do some MAN-MIA leaps again next time I venture north :lol: Jealous you got 156420, one of my last AN 156s.

Does your Northern count include the 319s coming up, or the EMUs on the Yorkshire side? Doing very well either way!
 

Strathclyder

Established Member
Joined
12 Jun 2013
Messages
3,846
Location
Clydebank
Another winner for me today. 156431 from Kennishead to Glasgow Central.

This particular unit has door sounds unique to it (as far as I know). The 'doors closing' alarm sounded like the one you find on the Class 320s. Anybody know why it has these sounds?
 
Last edited:

37038

Member
Joined
11 Apr 2014
Messages
701
A very successful day indeed! Congratulations on clearing the 185s, I still need 11 of them. Might have to do some MAN-MIA leaps again next time I venture north :lol: Jealous you got 156420, one of my last AN 156s.

Does your Northern count include the 319s coming up, or the EMUs on the Yorkshire side? Doing very well either way!

Was stuck on 3 for absolutely ages <( Chanced across 129 when on a family trip to York. 142 appeared about a month ago when doing SHF-MHS insect leaps. 130 was by far the luckiest though! I knew I was missing it as I had other plans and it was far away up the west coast. The signalling commotion resulted in a diagram change and then I managed a -11 onto it thanks to the unit waiting at Man OR for bloody ages for 185113 to attach!

All my AN 156s were required until Saturday and made good inroads there :)

I'd forgotten about the 319s! How many are Northern getting so I can add then to the list. Never had a 319 so most definitely required :oops:

Thanks
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top