• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Red Pen 2014 - your new haulages

Status
Not open for further replies.

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
I'm starting the ball rolling with this one, although I have nothing to report on it yet. Hoping for my first one this coming Saturday!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

craig87034

Member
Joined
21 Oct 2009
Messages
587
First scoops of the year from today few hours stage bashing before our poor game at Victoria Road
Borismaster's LT68 & 105
RM 2060
357227
357004
357035
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,465
Got my first winning LM 170 in goodness knows how long tonight - 170501. They are all a PITA with dud units turning up all the time.
 

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
A bad start to the year. Like '33056', I failed to get today's required haulage (76084 at the ELR) - it appears it was unfit for traffic this morning, and when this afternoon it ventured out, it was removed from the train it was piloting at Ramsbottom (where we boarded) and sent back light engine. A bit of a wasted day which I could have used much more productively...
 

CC 72100

Established Member
Joined
23 Jan 2012
Messages
3,851
(8) 27359 hauled me back into Paris from Poissy on a Transilien J Mantes la Jolie - Paris St Lazare service yesterday. Considering this was the first time I'd used line J, it is little surprise that the loco was required!

(Oh, and I know that the above means absolutely zero for most members, sorry about that!) :P
 

33056

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2007
Messages
2,424
Location
On a train somewhere in Europe
Though I also missed out on 76084 at the weekend, I did at least get 67008 the previous day to start the year off. My red pen will be off on its travels again next week so will be hoping to add a few more before the end of the month.
 

Matt Taylor

Established Member
Joined
31 Aug 2008
Messages
2,362
Location
Portsmouth
First for me was 221140 on 1M56 last week while passing from Bournemouth to Brockenhurst (largely to avoid a lengthy pnb in Bournemouth).

Nothing else on the horizon for a couple of weeks unless I get lucky with a SN 313.
 

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,036
Location
Gloucester
First for me was ATW 143614 on Thursday 2nd, on 2V33 1445 Coryton to Radyr, from Ninian Park to Danescourt.

The first mainline service will be whatever the 158 is on the 0830 Cardiff to Portsmouth tomorrow morning!
 

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
17,849
Location
Epsom
A good start to the year:

06/01/14:

377 602
377 608
377 612
377 616
377 617
377 621
377 626

Of note: Some pairs no longer stay together all day; there is splitting and joining going on which resulted in some units ending the day with a different partner than earlier on. About ¼ to ⅓ of the diagrams seemed to do this.
 

TEW

Established Member
Joined
16 May 2008
Messages
6,228
Got off to a start for 2014 yesterday with a rather unexpected cop; 57313.
 

TheJRB

Established Member
Joined
14 Feb 2011
Messages
1,208
Location
Ashford, Kent
First of the year on Wednesday:

8th January
116 (B07)
112 (B07)
317672
377607
377610
377522
 

CC 72100

Established Member
Joined
23 Jan 2012
Messages
3,851
Two new locos for me on the Paris - Laroche Migennes TER services -

7321 in the rather garish TER Bourgogne livery on the way out, to Bois le Roi, with 7246 in the much more standard 'en voyage' livery pushing me back to Gare de Lyon.

If I'd have been at uni however, I think i'd have been on the sleeper last night ;)
 

andyb2706

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2013
Messages
747
Location
Manchester
I am so ashamed....I was watching the 2013 red pen thread and realised how pathetic I had been during 2013 in my attempt at new haulage and new lines, so this year I plan to TRY and do better. So to start with I have the following red pens for 2014:

Fri 3rd January
142096 (Northern)
3040 (Metrolink)

Sat 4th January
142036 (Northern)
3048 (Metrolink)
3026 (Metrolink)

My next planned trip is for Monday or Tuesday next week where I plan to visit the East Coast Main Line to try and cop some haulage on the HST's and 91's before they start to disappear in a few years time.
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,465
Got 333015 today (with a stroke of luck) so completed Class 333s.

With only four 185s, two 221s and two 91s left to get, noted 221130 going in the opposite direction to me at York yesterday, then saw 185101 parked outside York this morning, and finally noticed 91122 on a non-stop run between York and King's Cross, when a stop anywhere between Doncaster and Peterborough would have allowed me to get it. <(
 

TEW

Established Member
Joined
16 May 2008
Messages
6,228
Got off to a proper start for 2014 yesterday with a successful Travelcard, the highlight of which was finishing the FGW passenger fleet.

165018
165031
165129, my last passenger train in the FGW fleet.

168004

317337
317340
317346

319004
319378
319443
319444

321324
321327
321406
321409
321414
321415, my last LM 321.
321419
321424
321427
321430
321448

360119

365505
365524

376012

377106
377163
377421
377444
377626

Total (13th January): 31
Total (Year to Date): 32
 
Last edited:

Strathclyder

Established Member
Joined
12 Jun 2013
Messages
3,835
Location
Clydebank
I managed to get 334006 (The first 334 to receive the 'Spotrail' livery.) from High Street to Clydebank today.
 
Last edited:

317666

Established Member
Joined
4 Sep 2009
Messages
1,775
Location
East Anglia
On Saturday in Anglia, amongst various duds were 156416 (GA 156s cleared) and 365512.
 

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
17,849
Location
Epsom
20th January:

377 601
377 620
377 624
377 625

All in a classic tight bash... 625* on the 10.53 Victoria - Epsom to Clapham Jct; ignore 624 on the 11.08 Clapham Junction to Dorking in favour of 620 on the 11.14 Clapham Jct - Sutton to Balham. That gave a -1 to 601 cross platform back to Clapham Junction, find the 11.38 fast to Sutton is cancelled so use the 11.41** giving a +6 at Sutton for 624 coming back on the 12.22. :D


*Paired with 621

** "Slug" 818
 

noddy1878

Established Member
Joined
23 Jun 2010
Messages
1,473
Location
Plymouth
For 2014 so far I have had

465246
465013
465162
465250
465194
465186
465249
466026
466027

All on Jan 4th. Being able to get away from Devon once in the last few weeks (and getting nothing on that trip!) hasn't help my cause.

Total 2014 YTD Winners: 9
 

Genocide

Member
Joined
8 Jul 2012
Messages
65
Scooped kettle 76084 on Sunday (19th)

49395 maintained its 100% record of failing every time I got near it, and I reckon it's chips for that one.
 

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
I too managed a trip behind 76084 at the weekend (on Saturday though), my first new main line loco for 2014. Also at the ELR I think industrial Peckett 1370 which I think was 'required' but I don't chase after them.

I also managed a few new Metrolink trams on my way back from Bury: 3051/54/59/67/72/73. Down to 3 that are in service now I think.
 

33056

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2007
Messages
2,424
Location
On a train somewhere in Europe
I too managed a trip behind 76084 at the weekend
Glad you got it after the other weekend's let-down; I will have to have another go at trying to score it.

Anyway, have just returned from Switzerland with 31 new which is rather more than expected. 21 of these were class 450 locos , largely due to the fact that I have never really put myself out to cover them in the past and staying in Zürich for a few days meant it was fairly easy to grab one or two getting to and from the hotel. Specially pleased to get the two hired in Cargo Re4/4iii that I still needed and getting the MOB (Montreux Oberland Bernois) down to one loco.
 

TEW

Established Member
Joined
16 May 2008
Messages
6,228
Managed to get another 377/6 on a quick bash this evening:
377616
Total (Year to Date): 33
 

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
23,371
Managed to get another 377/6 on a quick bash this evening:
377616
Total (Year to Date): 33

...and thanks to your record on your railmiles, I got it as well having picked up 377601 thanks to the posting in the TOPS Request Thread. Just 377626 for me left now and that is in Streatham Hill Down Sidings tonight.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top