• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Red Pen 2014 - your new haulages

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyb2706

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2013
Messages
747
Location
Manchester
A few new units got for haulage from the last few weeks.

12th May
3001 (Metrolink)
3081 (Metrolink)
142034 (NO)
142049(NO)

15th May
323233 (NO)

22nd May
142012 (NO)
150211 (NO)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
A few new units got for haulage from the last few weeks.

12th May
3001 (Metrolink)
3081 (Metrolink)
142034 (NO)
142049(NO)

15th May
323233 (NO)

22nd May
142012 (NO)
150211 (NO)

I've still got so many units up north to get. I've got TWO Northern Pacers: 142066 and 142084! Pathetic I know!
 

TEW

Established Member
Joined
16 May 2008
Messages
6,228
24th May
172104
444010

Total(YTD):297

That's the Chiltern 172s completed and down to 3 444s.
 

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
Cleared my Nottingham Trams today (211). An attempt earlier in the day to get kettle 847 at the Bluebell Railway failed, when - despite being on the roster - it wasn't out. Hope I have better success with a new kettle at the G-WR tomorrow...
 

andyb2706

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2013
Messages
747
Location
Manchester
I've still got so many units up north to get. I've got TWO Northern Pacers: 142066 and 142084! Pathetic I know!

Sorry DanTrainMan185, got another two 142's yesterday for haulage, but what makes this worse is that I live in the Manchester area and still need a load of 142's because every time I do go out spotting I am always travelling afar.

24th May
142061
142001
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,845
Location
Nowhere Heath
I've still got so many units up north to get. I've got TWO Northern Pacers: 142066 and 142084! Pathetic I know!

Get on a Coradia up to Manchester and get going with them! Or to BRS and fly up to Newcastle where you'll find plenty of Heaton 142s about the place :)

Oh, and you may not want to look at the top of the list I'm making below ;)

Recent Red Pen action for me:

19th May 2014

142030
142039
142041 (36 142s to go, most of them are still Newton Heath machines, unless some are allocated to Allerton too. Need to get the 2014 NREA, I'm still using the 2012 one!)
150111
150136
156424
156441 (59 156s to go I believe now, getting closer!)
185120
185133
185140
185142 (12 more to go, not had such good luck with 185s in ages!)
350406
390123
390138
390151 (12 more 390s to get, getting harder to find winners every time I score one)

I believe it's now 218 winners for 2014 so far, not bad going at all!
 

andyb2706

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2013
Messages
747
Location
Manchester
Get on a Coradia up to Manchester and get going with them! Or to BRS and fly up to Newcastle where you'll find plenty of Heaton 142s about the place :)

Oh, and you may not want to look at the top of the list I'm making below ;)

Recent Red Pen action for me:

19th May 2014

142030
142039
142041 (36 142s to go, most of them are still Newton Heath machines, unless some are allocated to Allerton too. Need to get the 2014 NREA, I'm still using the 2012 one!)
150111
150136
156424
156441 (59 156s to go I believe now, getting closer!)
185120
185133
185140
185142 (12 more to go, not had such good luck with 185s in ages!)
350406
390123
390138
390151 (12 more 390s to get, getting harder to find winners every time I score one)

I believe it's now 218 winners for 2014 so far, not bad going at all!

Okay, never realised I could become so competitive in scoring haulages, but it is time to get my backside out of the chair and get going ;)
 

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
Two new ones for me today:

08879 at Didcot Railway Centre
4270 at the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway

 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,845
Location
Nowhere Heath
andyb2706:1803362 said:
Get on a Coradia up to Manchester and get going with them! Or to BRS and fly up to Newcastle where you'll find plenty of Heaton 142s about the place :)

Oh, and you may not want to look at the top of the list I'm making below ;)

Recent Red Pen action for me:

19th May 2014

142030
142039
142041 (36 142s to go, most of them are still Newton Heath machines, unless some are allocated to Allerton too. Need to get the 2014 NREA, I'm still using the 2012 one!)
150111
150136
156424
156441 (59 156s to go I believe now, getting closer!)
185120
185133
185140
185142 (12 more to go, not had such good luck with 185s in ages!)
350406
390123
390138
390151 (12 more 390s to get, getting harder to find winners every time I score one)

I believe it's now 218 winners for 2014 so far, not bad going at all!

Okay, never realised I could become so competitive in scoring haulages, but it is time to get my backside out of the chair and get going ;)

I have an annoyingly big competitive side lol, sometimes comes in handy at work at least! Need to get out there again and score some winners myself, alas I won't be getting ready for another trip for a week yet :(
 

andyb2706

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2013
Messages
747
Location
Manchester
Three great days out travelling the tracks and here are my red pens for the three days.

26th May
153363 (NO)
158757 (NO)
507008 (MT)
507021 (MT)
507024 (MT)
508103 (MT)
508108 (MT)
508134 (MT)

27th May
3003 (MET)
3059 (MET)
3078 (MET)
3079 (MET)
91104 (EC)
142089 (NO)
144015 (NO)
156405 (EMT)
156470 (EMT)
158799 (EMT)
158905 (NO)
220010 (XC)
221124 (XC)
222007 (EMT)
222013 (EMT)
222014 (EMT)
322482 (NO)
333001 (NO)
333015 (NO)

28th May
142050 (NO)
150138 (NO)
156425 (NO)
158821 (ATW)
158857 (EMT)
170306 (TPE)
170307 (TPE)
185109 (TPE)
220026 (XC)
323224 (NO)
323226 (NO)
323228 (NO)
323237 (NO)
350410 (TPE)
390155 (VT)

With these three days out I have now been on at least one of every class of the following operator fleets this year: Northern, Mersey Travel (ok, not a tough one to do :) ) and TPE.
 
Last edited:

jnjkerbin

Member
Joined
25 Apr 2012
Messages
842
Location
Down south
Since my last update my new haulages have been

43137
43041

43148

375706

375603

377519
319460
319459

319361
319366
319450

Should probably get a few more 455s and 377s tomorrow and then later next month I'll be heading up north to make some of my first inroads into the Northern fleet.
 

samuelmorris

Established Member
Joined
18 Jul 2013
Messages
5,121
Location
Brentwood, Essex
Re-spreadsheeting my unit mileages from this year so they're more coherent - wow it's laborious, sometimes I wonder why I bother :D

Right, April & May's harvest (I think I need to update this thing more often, these posts are huge!)

Exciting times, I'm down to my last ex-WCML 321 (321421) to red-pen and then they have them all. Having been using the GE fleet casually pretty much since their introduction, it's highly possible I have them all already, but I'm making steady progress on those - 65 down, 12 to go. Even though I'm almost certain I covered every 360 when I used them every weekday to get home from school in the past, they're proving difficult to grab as they don't serve anywhere I travel in the weekday peak, so I have to rely on off-peak or weekend trips to get them... :s

10th April:
455832 (New) cleared for 1 mile
377323 (New) cleared for 1 mile
321423 (New) cleared for 20 miles (straight)
09TS set 18 cleared for 1 mile
S8 set 24 cleared for 1 mile

14th April:
357018 cleared for 10 miles
D78 7039 cleared for 1 mile

15th April:
96x95 cleared for 10 miles
96x97 cleared for 10 miles
357228 cleared for 50 miles

16th April:
377621 (New) cleared for 1 mile
377208 (New) cleared for 1 mile
D78 7099 (New) cleared for 1 mile

17th April:
95x612 cleared for 1 mile
S8 set 3 first mileage recorded entry (<1 mile)
95x701 first mileage recorded entry (<1 mile), first entry post-refurbishment

19th April:
321431 cleared for 20 miles (straight - first mileage recorded entry)
S8 set 47 (New) cleared for 1 mile
91115 cleared for 300 miles (class record)

21st April:
43315 & 43309 cleared for 100 miles (first mileage recording for both)
S8 set 36 (New) cleared for 1 mile
321448 (New as demonstrator) cleared for 10 miles

22nd April:
321306 cleared for 10 miles
321319 cleared for 10 miles
DLR unit 07 cleared for 1 mile
DLR unit 58 cleared for 1 mile
DLR unit 73 cleared for 1 mile
DLR unit 84 cleared for 1 mile
DLR unit 138 cleared for 1 mile

23rd April:
D78 7057 cleared for 1 mile
319440 cleared for 1 mile
DLR unit 24 cleared for 1 mile

24th April:
D78 7094 cleared for 1 mile
321315 cleared for 20 miles (straight - first mileage recorded entry)

25th April:
96x19 cleared for 10 miles
DLR unit 99 cleared for 1 mile
DLR unit 147 cleared for 1 mile
321337 cleared for 20 miles (straight - first mileage recorded entry)
377513 (New) cleared for 1 mile
S7 unit 51 (New) cleared for 1 mile
S7 unit 46 (New) cleared for 1 mile
43005 (New) cleared for 30 miles straight
43180 (New) cleared for 30 miles straight

28th April:
321343 (Newly documented) cleared for 20 miles straight
43023 (New) cleared for 30 miles straight
43135 (New) cleared for 30 miles straight

29th April:
465050 (New) cleared for 1 mile
DLR unit 132 (Newly documented) cleared for 1 mile

30th April:
357040 cleared for 10 miles
321447 (Newly documented) cleared for 20 miles straight

1st May:
DLR unit 125 cleared for <1 mile (first mileage recorded entry)
378150 cleared for 1 mile (first mileage recorded entry)
95x644 cleared for <1 mile (first mileage recorded entry)
S8 set 7 cleared for <1 mile (first mileage recorded entry)

2nd May:
357212 cleared for 50 miles
D78 7104 cleared for 1 mile (first mileage recorded entry)
377316 (New) cleared for 1 mile
377473 (New) cleared for 1 mile
377504 (New) cleared for 1 mile
455833 (New) cleared for 1 mile
09TS unit 6 (New) cleared for 1 mile
92424 cleared for 1 mile (first mileage recorded entry)
321335 cleared for 20 miles straight (first mileage recorded entry)

6th May:
357010 cleared for 50 miles

8th May:
357220 cleared for 50 miles

9th May:
377140 (New) cleared for 10 miles
455825 (New) cleared for 1 mile
450115 (New) cleared for 1 mile
357011 cleared for 50 miles

10th May:
321303 cleared for 20 miles straight (first mileage recorded entry)
S7 unit 35 (New) cleared for 1 mile
180107 cleared for 300 miles

12th May:
91114 (Newly recorded) cleared for 100 miles

13th May:
455728 (New) cleared for 1 mile
377622 (New) cleared for 1 mile
09TS unit 46 (New) cleared for <1 mile

14th May:
D78 7030 cleared for 1 mile (first mileage recorded entry)
D78 7103 cleared for 1 mile (first mileage recorded entry)
92096 (Newly recorded) cleared for 1 mile
357006 cleared for 50 miles

15th May:
357038 cleared for 50 miles
378207 (New) cleared for 1 mile
321324 cleared for 10 miles (first mileage recorded entry)
DLR unit 96 (Newly recorded) cleared for <1 mile
96x35 cleared for 1 mile (first mileage recorded entry)

16th May:
465169 (New) cleared for 1 mile
92258 cleared for 1 mile (first mileage recorded entry)

17th May:
92110 (Newly recorded) cleared for 1 mile
92069 cleared for 1 mile (first mileage recorded entry)
321442 cleared for 50 miles

19th May:
S8 set 46 cleared for 1 mile (first mileage recorded entry)

20th May:
96x13 cleared for 10 miles

22nd May:
357207 cleared for 50 miles
96y05 cleared for 50 miles

25th May:
DLR unit 81 cleared for 1 mile (first mileage recorded entry)
321334 cleared for 10 miles (first mileage recorded entry)

27th May:
357030 cleared for 50 miles
DLR unit 68 cleared for 1 mile (first mileage recorded entry)
92028 (Newly recorded) cleared for 1 mile
92404 cleared for 1 mile (first mileage recorded entry)
95x602 cleared for <1 mile (first mileage recorded entry)

28th May:
D78 7528 (Newly recorded) cleared for 1 mile
92071 (Newly recorded) cleared for 1 mile
92249 (Newly recorded) cleared for 1 mile
S8 set 26 cleared for 1 mile (first mileage recorded entry)
321425 (Newly recorded) cleared for 20 miles straight

29th May:
S7 set 55 (New) cleared for 1 mile
321365 cleared for 10 miles (first mileage recorded entry)

30th May:
465922 (New) cleared for 1 mile
 
Last edited:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,845
Location
Nowhere Heath
Wow that was a big post indeed! Looks like a rather productive couple of months though :) Doing far better than I with the 321s, and let's not even mention the 360/1s...

It would take me an absolute age to keep check on what I've cleared for 25, 50, 75, 100, 250, 500, 750, 1000 miles so I'm glad in a way I don't do that! Mind you, I can't wait to get my RailMiles account active again so I can get my logs more up to date again!
 

12CSVT

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2010
Messages
2,611
All my red pen activity in May took place on preserved railways

Diesel locos : 08879, 60074, 66748, 66750

Kettles : 376 (Norwegian class 21 2-6-0 at Kent & East Sussex Railway, 6619 (GWR 5600 class also at Kent & East Sussex), 4270 (GWR 4200 class at Gloucestershire Warwickshire), W11 (A1X Terrier at Isle of Wight Steam Railway).
 

samuelmorris

Established Member
Joined
18 Jul 2013
Messages
5,121
Location
Brentwood, Essex
Wow that was a big post indeed! Looks like a rather productive couple of months though :) Doing far better than I with the 321s, and let's not even mention the 360/1s...

It would take me an absolute age to keep check on what I've cleared for 25, 50, 75, 100, 250, 500, 750, 1000 miles so I'm glad in a way I don't do that! Mind you, I can't wait to get my RailMiles account active again so I can get my logs more up to date again!

It's not something I'd considered doing until fairly recently, so when I started I was only documenting what units I'd travelled on, rather than including where I was going - hence 'first documented mileage'. I started documenting units probably around late 2012, and journeys around september 2013. It's an interesting way of glancing at which units you end up spending more time on, if that's your thing, but I think why I value it more is simply that it places a more fair weighting on units you travel on rarely but for longer distances - the prime case of that for me being the ECML between London and York. By pure coincidence, four of the dozen or so journeys I've made this year have included two pairs - i.e. the same unit has cropped up on twice on two occasions, which given the size of the combined fleet of EC 91s, HSTs and GC 180s, is quite unexpected.

What makes this interesting to me is it's all legitimate travel - on a few rare occasions I may divert slightly to take a 'more interesting' route, but I am always travelling within the confines of genuinely needing to go somewhere for work or personal travel, and am very seldom able to add a detour that would drastically affect timing - to me, despite the fact that I'm collecting all this information, I wouldn't see much value in spending a day building up pools of unit numbers. Tracking all this lot manually is not exactly ideal, so I too would be interested in a railmiles account to do it with :)
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,845
Location
Nowhere Heath
I need to get my RailMiles account back so I can start getting mileage figures noted in my spreadsheet. Not very detailed yet and I'm still struggling to remember any formulas and so on to use in it. I daresay Access would be better for me, but while I like what the program can do I'm not very good with it :lol:
 

jnjkerbin

Member
Joined
25 Apr 2012
Messages
842
Location
Down south
I need to get my RailMiles account back so I can start getting mileage figures noted in my spreadsheet. Not very detailed yet and I'm still struggling to remember any formulas and so on to use in it. I daresay Access would be better for me, but while I like what the program can do I'm not very good with it :lol:

If you need any formulas, feel free to steal some from my spreadsheet (it's quite big :))
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eodv8nglyfynuim/Logbook.xlsm
 

andyb2706

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2013
Messages
747
Location
Manchester
It's not something I'd considered doing until fairly recently, so when I started I was only documenting what units I'd travelled on, rather than including where I was going - hence 'first documented mileage'. I started documenting units probably around late 2012, and journeys around september 2013. It's an interesting way of glancing at which units you end up spending more time on, if that's your thing, but I think why I value it more is simply that it places a more fair weighting on units you travel on rarely but for longer distances - the prime case of that for me being the ECML between London and York. By pure coincidence, four of the dozen or so journeys I've made this year have included two pairs - i.e. the same unit has cropped up on twice on two occasions, which given the size of the combined fleet of EC 91s, HSTs and GC 180s, is quite unexpected.

What makes this interesting to me is it's all legitimate travel - on a few rare occasions I may divert slightly to take a 'more interesting' route, but I am always travelling within the confines of genuinely needing to go somewhere for work or personal travel, and am very seldom able to add a detour that would drastically affect timing - to me, despite the fact that I'm collecting all this information, I wouldn't see much value in spending a day building up pools of unit numbers. Tracking all this lot manually is not exactly ideal, so I too would be interested in a railmiles account to do it with :)

I do the same thing in recording the mileage on a trip. The way I look at it at some point you will probably clear a class for haulage (especially the smaller fleets) so then your next target can be 50, 100, 150 miles on the entire fleet. It could be endless.......think I might be a bit OCD at times :)
 

samuelmorris

Established Member
Joined
18 Jul 2013
Messages
5,121
Location
Brentwood, Essex
I picked it up from someone else in this forum, I wouldn't have thought about it otherwise, but it does generate some interesting stats. Since measuring, I have a couple of 357s nudging 80 miles and a small handful of 321s over 50, none of either class have yet been recorded past 100. Shame I couldn't retrospectively cover this though, as I once did the full Liverpool Street - Ipswich on a 321 (again by necessity) so that would have got it most of the way there. I'm curious to see which of the units tops 100 first.
When first going for full set ridership, 357210 eluded me for almost a full month after scoring the remaining 73 units, but it's now middle of the road with 33 miles recorded.
I now have just a single 357, 357014 devoid of any mileage recorded since September.

Since the 321s haven't got full ridership yet it's a bit early to draw trends like that - they are used often, but not as often as 357s which are the default daily commute.

The LUL stock is a real mixed bag - I have 30 S7s missing entirely for ridership of the current fleet, so around half - yet set 33 is streets ahead of the rest of them with 27 miles recorded across 6 separate journeys. Getting 10 mile haulage on the whole S7 fleet is something I doubt I'll achieve prior to their withdrawal, given my average journey distance on them is only a mile or two.

The LUL fleet looks promising with only 7 units left to score out of the 154 , but now I travel on it so infrequently, that's going to be a long wait too.
 

Keith Jarrett

Member
Joined
10 Aug 2010
Messages
1,132
Location
No longer in London
May has been another busy month on the haulage front with three trips out of the metropolis (and all those within the space of a few days). The daily commute, or variations thereon, still seems to generate a few significant entries in the haulage register. Here's what attracted a mention in the haulage log together with some notes on the trips outside the "daily commute".

2-May-14
376011 Cleared for 10 miles
465038 Cleared for 10 miles

4-May-14
This was simply the product of a Sunday afternoon trundling around the South West Trains suburban network within the confines of the travelcard zones. The highlight has to be winner 444003 as I am left with only one to get (015) then it’s a case of boosting the mileage of a significant minority
8007 Cleared for 10 miles
444003 New
444024 Cleared for 10 miles
444034 Cleared for 10 miles
450019 Cleared for 10 miles
450101 Cleared for 10 miles
450109 Cleared for 10 miles
450547 Cleared for 10 miles
450560 1st time as 450/5

11-May-14
A whole week without adding anything of the significance to the register and a free Sunday afternoon saw mw take yet another look at South West Trains. Unlike the previous Sunday when I was able to grab a few 444s, it was almost exclusively 450s that provided the entertainment, especially as I came away with a winner in the shape of 450029 – that’s two left to get (117 and 120) along with a bucket load that are low mileage.
8026 Cleared for 10 miles
450005 Cleared for 10 miles
450010 Cleared for 10 miles
450025 Cleared for 10 miles
450029 New
450031 Cleared for 10 miles
13-May-14
1996ts 96031 Cleared for 10 miles
1996ts 96108 Cleared for 10 miles
1996ts 96123 Cleared for 10 miles
1996ts 96126 Cleared for 10 miles
19-May-14
465152 Cleared for 10 miles

23-May-14
The first of three long distance trips saw me taking advantage of the Virgin Seat Sale. It would have simply been rude to refuse Liverpool and back for £19 on a weekday. Add in the bargain of a Mersey Saveaway at £4.90, all was set for a good day although as is the norm, winning Pendolinos evaded capture. My prime target was the 507/508 fleet, of which I required 14 outright winners and a further 39 were below the gold standard of 10 miles. Starting the Saveaway at 09:30 sharp, I spent the first five hours of my day on the Wirral lines and visited such exotic places as Bebington, Bromborough (but not the Rake) Moreton, Port Sunlight, Birkenhead North, Hamilton Square and Green Lanes before things started to slow up so I headed for the “Northern” lines with one of the main targets being the numerous pairs that run around on the northern part of the Mersey rail network in the evening peak. During the course of the following four hours or so, I managed to get visits to Aigburth, Brunswick, Hall Road, Bank Hall and Old Roan. All in all an excellent day rounded off with a winning 2009 tube stock on the way home. And I did well on the shack front too with eleven new. But I still need to go back! It was only when I was writing up the trip did I realise that the last time I had 508128/134/138 was way back in 1983/84 when they were novelties on the South West Division of the old Southern Region!
2009ts 11041 New
390148 First time as 390/1
390153 First time as 390/1, cleared for 100 miles
507001 Cleared for 1 mile
507002 Cleared for 10 miles
507004 Cleared for 10 miles
507006 Cleared for 10 miles
507008 Cleared for 10 miles
507009 New
507010 New
507017 Cleared for 10 miles
507025 Cleared for 10 miles
507027 New
507028 New, cleared for 10 miles
507031 New, cleared for 10 miles
507032 Cleared for 10 miles
508104 Cleared for 10 miles
508108 Cleared for 10 miles
508112 Cleared for 10 miles
508117 Cleared for 10 miles
508126 Cleared for 10 miles
508127 Cleared for 10 miles
508134 Cleared for 10 miles
508138 Cleared for 10 miles
508140 New
508143 New

24-May-14
Despite the exertions of the previous day, I had to take advantage of a comparatively rare free Saturday. Wanting to achieve something but at the same time not wishing to stray too far, I opted to take a look at North Kent and the 375/3s in particular – the aim being to cover the five diagrams; two on the main line and three on the Medway Valley. One of the main line diagrams showed up with a 4-car 375 but everything else worked as booked with two out of three winners, I was happy with the 375/3 haul. I used HS1 to get to North Kent and ended up with a decent haul of Javelins in the process (395s are a Class that I have not paid a great deal of attention to. Throw in two 2009 tube stock units and a couple of others required for 10 miles and another enjoyable day out, especially when three new shacks were also added to the tally.

2009ts 11027 New
2009ts 11028 New
375301 Cleared for 10 miles
375306 New
375308 Cleared for 10 miles
375309 New, cleared for 10 miles
375826 Cleared for 10 miles
375901 Cleared for 10 miles
395003 New, cleared for 10 miles
395007 New
395008 New
395009 New
395010 Cleared for 10 miles
395017 New
395018 New, cleared for 10 miles
395024 New, cleared for 10 miles
395026 New
466007 Cleared for 10 miles

27-May-14
Another early start saw me on the road for the third time in five days. This was getting a bit like the early 80s but a second go at the Virgin Seat Sale was a must! This time, target Manchester where I had the chance on reams of units for the gold standard of 10 miles as well as a sizeable number of potential winners. Surely this would be a recipe for success? The day started well with a brand new winner of a 2009 tube stock set so both ends were duly ridden & recorded. While I could not secure a winning Pendolino (familiar theme emerging here?), I was soon in Manchester and availed myself of the local rail rover at £5 a pop. I had a quick trip to Hale before landing up on the Bolton – Salford Crescent corridor which proved a little fortuitous as I encounter both of the 150s that I had never photographed as well as numerous pacers and 150s that were mileage hits. I then headed for Castleton on a low mileage pacer for another on straight back only to be distracted at Manchester Victoria by a winning 150 heading for Stalybridge. A rapid return to Man Vic saw me drop onto a winning 156468 but I was starting to get bored with trips to Bolton so I once I had 10 miles on this I went “south side” on a low mileage 185 and headed into the Airport on a low 156482 and soon back out on a winning 185112. Since pacers were the main objective, I took a look at the Marples – more 150s there than I previously remembered but managed a few pacers. Time was pressing on so two quick spins to Stockport and back to Piccadilly before the obligatory raid on Sainsburys homeward rations. I managed a winning vomit comet (voyager to the uninitiated) to Stockport before yet another dud Pendolino back to the Smoke. Nine outright winners and 11 pacers cleared for 10 miles means that it was another successful trip – not forgetting another four new shacks. Roll on June ….
2009ts 11079 Cleared for 10 miles
2009ts 11080 Cleared for 10 miles
142003 Cleared for 10 miles
142005 Cleared for 10 miles
142009 Cleared for 10 miles
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,471
Very pleased to report bagging my final D stock set - 7030 - on Sunday, and now I don't have to worry as to when they will start disappearing.

Also came across my first 377/6 today - horrible seats.

33063 and 31206 at SVR on Saturday.
 

samuelmorris

Established Member
Joined
18 Jul 2013
Messages
5,121
Location
Brentwood, Essex
Alas, since I only started recording units in the last 18 months or so, I've only managed to red pen 76 D78s, so pretty much half. I did use them a fair bit in childhood so odds are good I have actually been on most of them, but probably not every single one. Matters weren't helped by the fact that when the S7s were new I was trying to score them as quickly as possible so was intentionally avoiding the District line for a while (oh, and it being far more crowded than the H&C/Circle also had something to do with it :) )

I don't actually mind the 377/6 seats, they're odd but I haven't found them uncomfortable for the (admittedly short) journeys I've had on them.
 

noddy1878

Established Member
Joined
23 Jun 2010
Messages
1,473
Location
Plymouth
11th May
33202
47292
73207
33029

2nd June
170407
170432
252, 275, 261 and 267 of the Edinburgh Trams.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,845
Location
Nowhere Heath
Looks like everyone's had some good successful trips lately! As I'm on my phone, I'll make this quick but hope to reply to other posts when I'm on the laptop.

2nd June 2014

47841
90008
153309
153335
170202
170205
321319
321339
365516
365540

3rd June 2014

390122
390134

For fuller details of the trip, be sure to read the trip report I'll be uploading in the next couple of days!
 

craig87034

Member
Joined
21 Oct 2009
Messages
587
Now 158782 on 1B22 1045 Inverness-Edinburgh Inverness-Dunkeld to scratch the shack.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top