• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Red Pen 2014 - your new haulages

Status
Not open for further replies.

43167

Member
Joined
18 Jan 2010
Messages
1,021
Location
Keighley
Yesterday at the moors steam gala with alot of diesel. Black 5, 44806 and 100 year old tank engine thing, 29.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
Good golly you were busy Keith! :shock:

My latest victories:

5th May 2014

165110
165112
165117
165128
165137
166212 (after running like mad for it on a 90 second connection at Paddington!)

Cleared the Thames Valley branches and mainline shacks too, something I've been trying to do for years! I'm very happy with the results from today, was nice to get onto FGW again :D
 

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
Scored 08825 at the Chinnor gala at the end of last month, which was followed by a trip to Slovakia (my first visit there). Had around 35 locos - unfortunately, one of them (CD 242204) wasn't a new one for me as it was a Czech loco I'd had in its home country. There seemed to be quite a few CD 242s on the Bratislava-Zvolen circuit, which I found a bit annoying - I like them, but I wanted some Slovakian stuff!
 

TEW

Established Member
Joined
16 May 2008
Messages
6,228
After over a month without any winners I got back into the swing of things on Monday.

5th May
317502
317504
317515
317652
317658
317663
317885
317888
317890
317891
321328
379027
465029
465041
465175
465178
466013

Total (5th May):17
Total(YTD):282

I'm happy with the progress made on the 317s. They've always been rather difficult to do in the past due to the incredibly low utilisation of the fleet at weekends. On Monday though Greater Anglia had strengthened a lot of services for the bank holiday and there were plenty of 8-car sets out.
 

andyb2706

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2013
Messages
747
Location
Manchester
It has been a while since I have posted anything, and really not much has been done in the last few months but here goes

18th April
158860 (NO)

24th April
3067 (Metrolink)
175010 (ATW)
350405 (TPE- my first 350/4)
175109 (ATW)
3068 (Metrolink)
3080 (Metrolink)
150112 (NO)
150142 (NO)
3033 (Metrolink)

28th April
3052 (Metrolink)
3076 (Metrolink)
350114 (LM)
350240 (LM)
172334 (LM)
67013 (Chiltern)
165026 (Chiltern)
165020 (Chiltern)
168106 (Chiltern)
168001 (Chiltern)
4253 (Underground)
455853 (SWT)
2546 (Tramlink)
378204 (Overground)
319426 ( First Capital Connect)

5th May
3025 (Metrolink)
150134 (NO)
 

noddy1878

Established Member
Joined
23 Jun 2010
Messages
1,473
Location
Plymouth
Since my last update I had a day in London and have just been up North for a week with the missus so the train was a means of getting from A to B, not me looking for anything. If it turned up and I needed it was a bonus. That said, pretty much everything I travelled on on the Tyne and Wear Metro was new.

24th April
357038
357208
357022
357046
357033
357216
357010
357227
357043
357211
357030
357001
357214
317664
315857
315827 (Only 2 left)
321445
319421
319382
319012
319453
377511
319429
319427
319435

21412/411, 21341/342, 21406/405, 21397/398 S Class

51645/646/593/594/570/571/630/720/503/502/713/581 1995 Stock

12082/081 2009 Stock

96010/483 1996 Stock

4234 1972 Stock

52, 26, 90, 146, 142, 13, 14, 99, 93, 129, 31 and 131 DLR

3rd May
21393/394 S Class

158903

4th May
158816
150271
153359
158901
43066

5th May
170303
170306

6th May
4024, 4051, 4049, 4029, 4082, 4090, 4011, 4022, 4007 & 4028 Tyne & Wear Metro

7th May
156444
142065
91129

9th May
156442

4034, 4023, 4053, 4020, 4018, 4073 & 4089 Tyne & Wear Metro

10th May
43468

Quite pleased with this week considering I was just turning up and getting on what was there.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
Getting more than fed up of my subscription to this thread disappearing quite frequently, I only happened to find it again on New Posts. Flipping annoying to say the least...

No new stuff for me (well, unless you count stuff that was missing from my NREA yet done ages ago...) but I did tot up on my commute home the other day that I've had a nicely impressive 203 winners so far this year :D For 3.5 months that's not too bad really in my eyes, although not a patch on some people's efforts by the looks of it!

Can't get out and about again for a while yet, but when I do it'll just be a short day out sadly, and that's not for just over a week yet. Still, bring on the monster efforts of the planned Central Scotland, Kent Rover and Anglia Plus trips that are lined up to be carried out later this year :D<D<D<D<D<D
 

TEW

Established Member
Joined
16 May 2008
Messages
6,228
Had a good day down at the Swanage Railway on Saturday

10th May
D5081
D6515
D6700
33202
55002
73207

Total(YTD):288
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,471
Getting more than fed up of my subscription to this thread disappearing quite frequently, I only happened to find it again on New Posts. Flipping annoying to say the least...

Why do you need to rely on subs? This thread is stickied.
 

starrymarkb

Established Member
Joined
4 Aug 2009
Messages
5,985
Location
Exeter
New Types for me :)

Class 332 (T123-T5 transfer)
Class Z 26500
Citadis 402 :)
Setra Citaro clone (looked to be a rebodied Citaro)
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
390124 at Crewe on a train to Manchester. 1 minute connection off 390020 from platform 11 to platform 5.
 

33056

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2007
Messages
2,424
Location
On a train somewhere in Europe
Loads of miles for a handful of winners over the last four days:
3205 on the South Devon (pretty sure that I had this in 1970 something but, other than a picture of a much younger me standing on the footplate, there is no proof that I actually rode behind it)
76084 ("theblackwatch" will appreciate that I was quite pleased at getting this!)
D6732
08436 (rather unexpected as I was not expecting to get anything at the Swanage gala - only went down there for the 33 back to London)
 

andyb2706

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2013
Messages
747
Location
Manchester
Why do you need to rely on subs? This thread is stickied.

Hi bb21,

Hope you can help. When you said this thread is stickied, do you mean like how the light rail mile charts are and should appear at the top of the forum list. If so could you direct me to it please because sometimes I have to scroll through a few pages to find it. If that isn't what you meant I am totally confused. :s

Many thanks.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
Why do you need to rely on subs? This thread is stickied.

When I visit the forum, I always start with going to User CP to view which threads I've posted on have replies on them, then it's to New Posts after that lot. If nothing crops up in the first 5 pages (I've probably missed quite a bit of stuff I'd be interested in this way, but c'est la vie) of New Posts I want to look at it's usually RA to Trip Planning & Reports to see what's going on there.

So yes, subscriptions to threads is very useful for me. I'd still like to know why (usually after I've viewed a thread on the app) that my subscription to a thread disappears. I don't know if it happens to other threads too, but this seems quite likely.

Back to topic, I intend to have got some more red pen action on Monday with my trip to Manchester :D
 

12CSVT

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2010
Messages
2,611
Attention all red pen men. According to the WNXX forum there will be two different 66/7s running at Nene Valley this weekend (ie one on Saturday, the other on Sunday)

Times - Sat : 1442 ex Wansford, 1530 ex Peterborough, Sun : 1242 ex Wansford, 1330 ex Peterborough
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,471
Hi bb21,

Hope you can help. When you said this thread is stickied, do you mean like how the light rail mile charts are and should appear at the top of the forum list. If so could you direct me to it please because sometimes I have to scroll through a few pages to find it. If that isn't what you meant I am totally confused. :s

Many thanks.

Apologies. Had a dumb moment. :oops:

Yes, I meant exactly that. For some reason, I was thinking about a different thread.

So yes, subscriptions to threads is very useful for me. I'd still like to know why (usually after I've viewed a thread on the app) that my subscription to a thread disappears. I don't know if it happens to other threads too, but this seems quite likely.

You'll have to ask an admin as moderators don't deal with technical stuff.
 

37038

Member
Joined
11 Apr 2014
Messages
701
Attention all red pen men. According to the WNXX forum there will be two different 66/7s running at Nene Valley this weekend (ie one on Saturday, the other on Sunday)

Times - Sat : 1442 ex Wansford, 1530 ex Peterborough, Sun : 1242 ex Wansford, 1330 ex Peterborough

Provisional: 66750 Saturday, 66748 Sunday (Guaranteed winners)
 

43167

Member
Joined
18 Jan 2010
Messages
1,021
Location
Keighley
From the trip to Ireland.

To/From Manchester Airport.
350405
350407
350409

NIR
3023
4011

IE Loco.
074

LUAS
3010
3012
4014
 

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
17,855
Location
Oakham
Some Parisian stuff:

13th May 2014:

Z5346 ( ancient stainless steel Oerlikon powered units )
Z5368

Z20631 ( Neat - inside and out - double deck units )
Z20731

Z22573 ( Committee designed - ie awful inside and out - double deck unit! )

1709 ( MI09 class on RER A )

17059 ( locos )
27326

Carriages:

22.07.075
22.07.076
22.07.077
22.07.081
22.07.082
22.07.084
22.07.115
22.07.137
22.07.304
22.07.308
22.37.639
22.37.640
22.37.641
22.37.642
22.37.659
26.37.292
26.37.442
26.37.542
22.37.651
22.37.745
22.37.746
81.07.102
81.07.104
81.07.154
81.07.156
81.37.153
81.37.163


14th May 2014:

Z5605 ( double deck units off Gare de Lyon via Melun that really thrash )
Z5611
Z5613
Z5615
Z5619
Z5621
Z5625

Z6479 ( wonderfully noisy units working of St Lazare )
Z6549

Z22601

Z50155 ( brand new units - for once the design is perfectly right! )
Z50235

7320
17056
27358

Metro 5:

050
112*
113*
114*

( *Note - 1xx units are Line 9 units being commissioned in service on Line 5 )

Carriages:

10.82.511
20.72.072
20.77.113
20.77.313
20.77.671
20.77.686
20.82.425
21.74/738
21.82.866
22.37.723
22.37.728
22.37.729
22.37.736
22.37.737
26.37.298
26.37.448
26.37.578
26.37.689
26.37.902
26.37.903
80.77.134
81.37.183
81.37.187

15th May 2014:

Z6419
Z6423
Z6433
Z6531

Z8819

Z22593

Z50161
Z50207

1667
1699
1707
1719
1731

Metro 9:

103
109
 

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
18 Dec 2009
Messages
6,615
Some, surprising, recent winners for me... On trips no further than Selby:

180102
180103
180106

Which means I'm over half way through FGWs 180 fleet, without having ever been on a FGW 180 operated service! :) :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
As many of you will know I've had one Northern 158 outstanding for years... And my local line is 95% 158 operated.

Well it gives me great pleasure to report, I've got it! Posting now onboard 158901! :D :D :D
 

craig87034

Member
Joined
21 Oct 2009
Messages
587
really good day at the Nene Valley yesterday hope apart from 40135's break fault.

Winners
31466,60074,66750 and 73001
 

TEW

Established Member
Joined
16 May 2008
Messages
6,228
19th May
43047
156498
222001
375601
375617

Total(YTD):295
 

CC 72100

Established Member
Joined
23 Jan 2012
Messages
3,852
Some Parisian stuff:


Z22573 ( Committee designed - ie awful inside and out - double deck unit! )

Z6479 ( wonderfully noisy units working of St Lazare )
Z6549


Metro 5:

050
112*
113*
114*

I agree that the ZZ22500 units (and their RATP cousins on the A) are vile things, the first batch has a lovely salmon pink interior. The seats are also very grey, and for stock that isn't that old, their condition is disappointing. I also find it intriguing that there is no upper deck access from the middle door on the SNCF RER E units, which (perhaps from being so used to the RATP examples) looks odd.

I do like the line L units out of St Lazare, nice and noisy as you say.

And thanks for the information about line 9 units on the line 5. I had one a couple of months back, and new it was a new train given the different livery. However inside I noticed that it had no 'flashing dot' station displays and I was also under the impression that the line 5 had a full compliment of stock and was not expecting to receive anything else new. That info happily clears it all up, cheers!
 

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
17,855
Location
Oakham
Yes, all the Line 9 stck is being bedded in on Line 5 first.

And if you like the Z6400 that much, get back over and chase them... the first withdrawl has been made ( Z6483 ) recently and the outstanding option on Z50000 just about matches the size required to replace all the Z6400s... I'd give them 2 years at the most...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top