Heres my revised version:
Prosecutions Department
Eastside Offices
Kings Cross Railway Station Seaford
London N1C 4AX
XXXX
Reference: XXX
Dear Fare Evasion Manager,
Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to respond to your letter that I received on the XX XX XXXX
On the XX XX XXXX, I boarded a train at Farringdon station after switching from the London Underground service. However, I made the negligent decision of not buying a ticket before boarding the train. Later into my journey, a Revenue Protection Inspector scanned my ticket, realised I had bought it after boarding, and subsequently took my details.
I want to sincerely apologise for my actions, they were careless, irresponsible, and inexcusable. I fully acknowledge the seriousness of what I have done, as I have not only pushed the financial burden onto Thameslink, but also onto other abiding passengers. I am ashamed that I have contributed to something as unethical as fare evasion, and I now understand how damaging it is towards Thameslink’s services. Since this incident, I can assure you I have purchased all of my tickets well before boarding, and I will continue to do so.
I would be extremely grateful for the opportunity to settle this misconduct out of court. I intend to make amends for my actions by paying the full correct fare and any additional administrative costs.
Again, I would like to express my most sincere apologies for this incident.
Yours faithfully,
Thoughts and opinions?