Mcr Warrior
Veteran Member
- Joined
- 8 Jan 2009
- Messages
- 17,306
Your published source?
Don't worry. You weren't imagining it and I've found a reference. The story about a railwayman supposedly being blown off a train on Ribblehead viaduct only to be sucked through an arch and back up on to the train on the other side, is certainly mentioned in "The Line that Refused to Die" by Stan Abbott and Alan Whitehouse (1990).No idea I'm afraid, it's just one of those things that pops up. I first encountered it in the 80s when the S&C closure plans were big news and got me reading up about the history of it, and ever since then I've occasionally come across it being repeated in random places and thought "oh yeah, that one again".
To be fair, the book authors do then go on to suggest that the story stretches one's credulity! Quite!
