maire23
Member
I got some free hand warmer packs from Virgin last winter. They were absolutely brilliant at the rugby- I wish I had the foresight to grab some more! I always just manage to miss out on free stuff though!
Easy one.
It's Scotrail policy not to sell tickets to Edinburgh Airport (EDA) at its TVMs*
It's Scotrail policy not to program their on-train handheld machines to sell tickets to EDA*
It's Scotrail policy not to man the gates at Edinburgh Park (EDP) station at the weekend*
So time after time on a Sunday, I have to board a train without buying a ticket from the machine, the on-train staff have no abilty to sell me a ticket and there's nobody at EDP to sell me one either!
*Correct when I last travelled to EDA on the last Sunday in April.
I got a free "any Northern train for a day" after I emailed pointing out on one rural hour or more, many stops trip no one had sold or checked tickets at all. This is still common under the new franchise, but I've tired of emailing them and they'd stopped sending the freebie too.
I went to Lincoln from Hartlepool, and a jolly nice trip it was too.
I went to book a ticket from Leeds to Kings Cross before Christmas and found a First advance that was actually £5 cheaper than the standard class ticket. Having fully enjoyed the lounge and food on the train I'd say that was a pretty good freebie...![]()
The woman sat next to me on the train to Edinburgh on Saturday bought a ticked to Edinburgh Airport from the ticket person. Indeed he told her about the option and said all she had to do was show her ticket on the tram.