That'll be on two levels. The fact it's a pair of power cars, and that they're being used as locos.
Indeed
That'll be on two levels. The fact it's a pair of power cars, and that they're being used as locos.
Power cars to Ely? I bet they are nervous about getting back out43468 & 43480 working 1153 0Z43 Kidderminster SVR to Ely Mlf Papworth Sidings
I bet they’re not…Power cars to Ely? I bet they are nervous about getting back out![]()
They're inanimate objects which don't have feelings, so I'd bet you're right. Thanks for taking a tongue in cheek comment so seriously thoughI bet they’re not…
My comment wasn’t serious either!They're inanimate objects which don't have feelings, so I'd bet you're right. Thanks for taking a tongue in cheek comment so seriously though![]()
Power cars to Ely? I bet they are nervous about getting back out![]()
No problems there I believe @The_Train the RailAdventure staff have been thoroughly trained by watching episodes of 'Allo 'Allo showing how to break into and back out of the PoW Camp, escape to Yarmouth is currently planned for 1138 tomorrow
Which is the longest HST set ever run as a 2+11*. The 36-way control jumpers were connected so the two power cars were working in multi.43468 & 43480 worked 1138 5Z44 Ely Mlf Papworth Sidings to Yarmouth CHS either end of 11 Mk3 coaches then 1636 0Z45 to Kidderminster SVR
Which is the longest HST set ever run as a 2+11*. The 36-way control jumpers were connected so the two power cars were working in multi.
That is what a generational change of attitude does. At one time a 2200ish hp diesel loco would be regarded as a quite respectable type 4 viz a viz the Swindon and NBL B-Bs. Then class 56 58 59 60 66 67 68 69 and 70 came along with 3000+ hp units and tipped the balance.Thanks for that, I was wondering about them being in multi or not as from sad experience I know how gutless a single power car could be on 8 let alone 11
That is what a generational change of attitude does. At one time a 2200ish hp diesel loco would be regarded as a quite respectable type 4 viz a viz the Swindon and NBL B-Bs. Then class 56 58 59 60 66 67 68 69 and 70 came along with 3000+ hp units and tipped the balance.
The only reason a HST powercar is "gutless" is because it was never designed with field diverts like a conventional loco.
Were they hauling units Res?43465 & 43484 and 43468 & 43480 worked last nights 2300 6Q80 Walton Old Junction MSC Sidings to Kirkdale CS and 0501 6Q81 return
Carl Watson updated his 'Carl's Railway Photos' site a couple of days ago and has a couple of photos of 43423 & 43467 dated 1st August showing the pair in the Van Shop at Eastleigh 'awaiting a restart of their repainting'
Were they hauling units Res?
Thanks mate, I have posted in the 777 thread as wellThey would have been hauling two of 020, 026 & 152 as far as I'm aware, I understand they can only deal with two units at a time at Kirkdale

Were they hauling units Res?
Saw this earlier passing through Starcross.** Updated Friday 13th October **
43465 & 43484 and 43468 & 43480 working 0501 6Z81 Kirkdale CS to Wembley Receptions 1-7 with the barriers and 1247 0Z82 to Laira T&RMSD
Saw this earlier passing through Starcross.
I was on the other side of estuary, so it looked odd, not a GWR or XC service anyway!
Think I’ll still be in Cornwall then, but thanks for the info.If you're at Starcross tomorrow around 1443 & 1551 you should see two XC sets going through Chaddesden bound with the RA power cars
If you're at Starcross tomorrow around 1443 & 1551 you should see two XC sets going through Chaddesden bound with the RA power cars
I believe they will be working onwards (possibly tomorrow) to43468 & 43480 working 1046 0Z43 Tyseley LMD to Ely MLF Papworth Sidings
Obviously only the leading power car is powering.43468 & 43480 working 1500 0Z44 Ely Papworth Sidings GBRf to Leicester LIP either end of 43306, 43316, 43320 & 43307