I am saying limited airstrikes could be justified to punish whoever is responsible for launching chemical weapon attacks. The use of chemical weapons cant be allowed to go unpunished or the whole system of non proliferation falls into disrepute.
However any military action can only be based on a UN mandate. I no way do i think ground troops should be involved.
I am surprised that anyone on here considers the use of chemical weapons to be acceptable.
I don't think we should get involved but that doesn't mean I think it's acceptable that chemical weapons have probably been used by both sides.
Syria has a bang up to date Russian air defence system so that's where the loss of life would come from if air power is used. This is no Iraq where it was easy.
As Syria can easily bomb Cyprus and will if poked there's more potential deaths. This has the potential to escalate out of all recognition, it certainly won't end with only Syria involved.
Why do you think this country once again has to be the worlds policeman, haven't we done more than our fair share.
If any countries want to get involved in this crazy crusade let a few of them have a go instead, there's enough of them.
My son who has recently returned from his 2nd Afghan tour is always banging on about how a lot of the other coalition partners hardly ever leave secure bases.
I reiterate not one of our military should in any way be put at risk to solve a civil war that cannot ever be solved.
These tribal spats have been going on for hundreds of years, chemical weapons although terrible still kill you like a bullet does.
The worst thing about all this is - for once it isn't the Americans leading the call for war it's us.
The Yanks must really regret having the so called chemical weapon red line as up to now the 120,000 deaths somehow passed them by. They are very reluctant to start another war Obama is not like Bush.