Techniquest
Veteran Member
I've not kept updated with this thread for a while, but I'm taking it that, since there's a debate about crashes there's no news on 144012 coming back out to play?
Well yes, reducing the risk is a key feature of road safety, but to be fair, there aren't many 30 year old cars in daily use on the roads today. Unlike on the railways where there are significant numbers of passengers carried on old stock. Notwithstanding the limited number of safety litigations introduced in the track, plus the revised seats on a select few units, I'd rather take my chances in a modern carriage than a 30 year old one.
I've not kept updated with this thread for a while, but I'm taking it that, since there's a debate about crashes there's no news on 144012 coming back out to play?
Does anyone know what things await us in this brave new world of Super Pacer ?
At seat service of drinks and light refreshments in first class?
Does anyone know what things await us in this brave new world of Super Pacer ?
You cynics!
DDA compliant toilet, new PIS speakers and digital displays, Wifi, all new flooring and seating, digital route indicator displays...
Correct.But no overhead luggage racks though.
Very silly omission, IMO.
FNW actually decided it was necessary to increase the amount of luggage space on their 142s by removing a longitudinal bench seating 3 people and fitting a rack for bikes and luggage.
Very silly omission, IMO.
A particularly silly ommission given that unlike the 142's, the 144's usually have correct provision of overhead luggage racks to start off with, so what exactly they think is to be gained by removing them is anyone's guess.
No doubt there will be some reason behind it and no doubt it will be infuriating.
Very silly omission, IMO.
Yes. Many of the so called 'rural' lines have Universities at the start/end of them and Universities usually means luggage on trains.
FNW actually decided it was necessary to increase the amount of luggage space on their 142s by removing a longitudinal bench seating 3 people and fitting a rack for bikes and luggage.
Those travelling with end of term luggage tend not to use overhead racks in my experience on Huddersfield to Sheffield services. It's rare I see anything in the racks on pacer services around here. They're too small for most bags, those that do fit tend to be the sort that people prefer to keep close to hand. I don't think it'll be a major problem to be honest.
A particularly silly ommission given that unlike the 142's, the 144's usually have correct provision of overhead luggage racks to start off with
Those travelling with end of term luggage tend not to use overhead racks in my experience on Huddersfield to Sheffield services. It's rare I see anything in the racks on pacer services around here. They're too small for most bags, those that do fit tend to be the sort that people prefer to keep close to hand. I don't think it'll be a major problem to be honest.
The safety reasons mentioned above will be an issue too, I'd have thought.