I don't, to be fair, think toiletless trains are a good idea anywhere.
I agree with you. People with disabilities, weak bladders may need to use an onboard toilet, and small children often need to go as soon as they say so.
I've used a Pacer toilet before after drinking a bottle of Fanta before setting off from Nottingham. I haven't got the biggest bladder in the world and had to go on the train to Retford despite visiting the toilets when changing trains at Sheffield

. It would have been an uncomfortable journey had the train not had a toilet (although I wouldn't have drunk much in that situation anyway).
Wavertreelad said:
I seem recall we have been this road before, but a 142 coupled to 150 or 156 might not require a loo especially if they were only used at peak time services. Having said that by 2020 there could be plenty of dmu's to go round to avoid the problem in the first place.
Personally, I think the best thing to do would be to dispose of the Class 142's as no-one has ever recommended refurbishing them and they are the worst of the Pacers. Then Porterbrook's idea of refurbishing the Class 143's and 144's would be a good idea if an accessible toilet was fitted (
see here). The refurbished Pacers will then be able to work on branch lines and maybe increase the service frequency on them. One that springs to mind is the Cleethorpes to Barton-on-Humber service, currently a Class 153 every two hours. A refurbished Class 144 will have more seats than a Class 153 (109 on a 144 currently, 90 on a refurbished 144 (two car of course) and around 70 for a 153). They, may be able to start offering an hourly service as long as cascaded Sprinters could be used on mainline services.
I also feel that refurbished Pacers would be ideal trains to allow new services to be tested. Take Sheffield to Cleethorpes via Retford and Gainsborough- currently there's only three trains each way on a Saturday. Refurbished Class 144's could be used to make the service a more frequent Monday to Saturday service. If passenger numbers are good, better trains could be built or cascaded, but only once the line has proved viable.
I think the Sprinters should run only with other Sprinters (156+153 or 150+150 for example) and used on busier commuter lines.