Whilst there’s nothing wrong with Leeds, Halifax and Wakefield I think a tourist exploring the area would want to be a little more imaginative. I could quite happily base myself in a hotel close to a railway station in one of those places and use a regional rover to explore Harrogate, Knaresborough, York, Skipton, Ilkley, Hebden Bridge, Skipton, Settle, Bronte Country, Saltaire etc etc. Unfortunately using that example one regional rover wouldn’t cover the area as it’s divided into North West and North East.
There isn’t any need to travel huge distances from one end of the country to the other. Some people don’t want to keep moving hotels and would prefer to stay in a central base. The last time I did a 7 Day NW Rover I had a whole days exploring the Cumbrian Coast, the Wirral, the coast between Liverpool and Southport, plus historic cities like Chester and Carlisle.
I think there is a case for developing more regional rovers for areas tourists really want to explore and advertising them more.
Skipton so good you think it should be visited twice