• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

permitted routes southend central to london terminals

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,497
Location
Yorkshire
That's a Routeing Group, that isn't the same as a station group.

I still agree that it makes sense that you can't start your journey by walking to a different station to that/those named on the ticket that is on a completely different line. However I can't find anything that actually says that, so I can see why HHF think it should be valid.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

b0b

Established Member
Joined
25 Jan 2010
Messages
1,371
That's a Routeing Group, that isn't the same as a station group..

Ah yes. According to the Group Stations Document, The Southend Group consists of Southend Central/East/Victoria, so it still is not permitted.
 
Last edited:

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Joined
14 Apr 2008
Messages
8,837
The ticket from Southend Victoria is 'rte Romford', therefore it cannot be valid via Southend Central or Southend East (there is no 'rte Any Permitted' fare to allow it under the 'more expensive fare' rule).

The ticket from Southend Central and Southend East 'rte Barking' is the same price as the 'rte Any Permitted' fare and is therefore valid by any route that the 'rte Any Permitted' fare is (I failed to use this rule in my previous post).

The 'rte Any Permitted fare' is valid by any mapped route. These are Map EA and Map TS.

The only other examples I can think of that are even remotely similar are Bristol and Exeter, but in both cases the stations are linked.

If the Southend Central/East 'rte Any permitted' fare did not exist I don't think we'd be having this discussion.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top