• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

People boarding before everyone has alighted

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT-ONR-NRN

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2016
Messages
12,884
Location
Cambridge
As I mentioned in a thread I started the other day (I'm going to ask Admin to delete it as it duplicates this one), over the weekend my train arrived in Crewe and the door was completely horded from the outside as I tried to get off. There had been some disruption so I can understand peoples frustration but I stood in the doorway with my arms open in the style of Moses parting the waves and then smiled. People moved out of the way and one good natured lady was laughing. It did help that I currently look like Waingro in the film Heat but I am actually a physical coward and despite my appearance am not aggressive at all.

That’s quite funny actually!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

156443

Member
Joined
28 Mar 2016
Messages
183
Location
Prudhoe
I was getting the delayed 18:09 York to Newcastle yesterday and as soon as the train stopped at the platform a crowd of people crowded round the doors and once they opened started barging on without waiting for people to alight who were trying to get off. I was at the front of the queue when they pushed past as I waited for people to alight.
 
Last edited:

185143

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2013
Messages
5,367
I had someone literally charge onto the 319 5 of us were waiting to alight on Saturday. Had it been the coach with the bog in it and said bloke had dived straight into it evidently desperate for a pee I wouldn't have minded as much. I couldn't resist but make a comment, I forget exactly what I said but it was reasonably polite. As partly expected, this was met with no response-so I repeated the comment with a slightly different word in it which did indeed attract a (ruder) response!

Good job I wasn't still onboard, I was in the kind of mood where I could happily have sat arguing with him all the way to Lime Street...
 

Wombat

Member
Joined
12 Jul 2013
Messages
302
I once dislodged a crowd at Waterloo station with a firm "Achtung!", in the most stern Germanic tone I could muster. I have no idea where the notion came from but it worked brilliantly.
 

skyhigh

Established Member
Joined
14 Sep 2014
Messages
6,886
Today, travelling with a large holdall slung over my shoulder, I noticed a variant of this (and this was not during a busy time at all, for the entirety of the 2-leg journey of over 3 hours I had a 4+table bay to myself) - bag blindness. On several occasions, people just walked straight into it, including when I was standing still with plenty of circulation space around me.

I despair sometimes.
I've just seen this post - when I used to wear a bright yellow high-vis top and pointy hat for work, you'd be surprised how many people walked into me when I was standing still! You wouldn't stand a chance :lol:
 

sw1ller

Established Member
Joined
4 Jan 2013
Messages
1,567
Don't laugh yet, I think I have duplicated myself again. Apologies to Admin.

Hilarious. I was reading this thinking........ I’ve just read this!! I’m glad you realised. Made me chuckle.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top