• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Penalty Fared on the Underground - Need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Established Member
Joined
25 Jun 2005
Messages
8,827
Location
Back office
I don't think the character assassination of bengley is helping matters at all. bengley requested advice on the PF, I feel the best advice is for him to pay the £25.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nick W

Established Member
Joined
5 Nov 2005
Messages
1,436
Location
Cambridge
If I remember correctly, appealing freezes the time period before the penalty is doubled. This being the case, he might as well appeal and state that the machine wasn't working.

Best case, they quash the penalty, worst case, they point out that the Oyster had enough cash for the first journey and the penalty remains at £25.
 

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
7 Aug 2005
Messages
21,192
Location
0035
I don't think the character assassination of bengley is helping matters at all. bengley requested advice on the PF, I feel the best advice is for him to pay the £25.
I agree. It's not doing anyone any favours about what has happened in previous incidents.

Given my advice before I saw the video and matched up the change in story, and as far as I'm concerned it still stands (as someone else may genuinely have this problem in future), and others (including you) have given their advice. It's also been commented that if, on appeal, the story substantially differs from what was written in the RCI's notebook then that could land the OP in hot water.

As all the advice that could possibly be given has been given, and we are either repeating what has already been said or going off on a tangent then I'm going to lock the thread and leave advice for the OP to think back to what your intention at the time of commencing your journey was, and what you said to the RCI when stopped.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top