Bartsimho
Member
I'm trying to find if there are available 125mph paths into Euston and from how close to Euston they exist (Although it looks like they have to be 110mph into Euston looking at the line speed).
I found this report but it's pre-covid so the timetable has changed since then with a re-organisation of services with no more GC to Blackpool North especially at 11:33 and 12:33.
From what I can gather there is a minimum of a 3 minute headway and a desire to have no more than 4 minimum headways in a row although the DC lines complicate things as they take a headway but only as far as Camden Junction (I guess freeing up some resilience beyond the junction and only on the Slows as well).
I think I could see a path with a buffer between the xx:56 to Birmingham New Street and the xx:02 at xx:59. The services on the fasts around that time are the xx:46 to Crewe, xx:53 to Manchester Piccadilly, xx:56 to Birmingham New Street, xx:02 to Chester and the xx:09 to Milton Keynes Central.
Looking at arrivals for this departure path with a turning time of 15 minutes I could see a path in between xx:44 and xx:46 with the 3 minutes headway.
Although if there is some more proper analysis that I can't find it would be helpful.
I found this report but it's pre-covid so the timetable has changed since then with a re-organisation of services with no more GC to Blackpool North especially at 11:33 and 12:33.
From what I can gather there is a minimum of a 3 minute headway and a desire to have no more than 4 minimum headways in a row although the DC lines complicate things as they take a headway but only as far as Camden Junction (I guess freeing up some resilience beyond the junction and only on the Slows as well).
I think I could see a path with a buffer between the xx:56 to Birmingham New Street and the xx:02 at xx:59. The services on the fasts around that time are the xx:46 to Crewe, xx:53 to Manchester Piccadilly, xx:56 to Birmingham New Street, xx:02 to Chester and the xx:09 to Milton Keynes Central.
Looking at arrivals for this departure path with a turning time of 15 minutes I could see a path in between xx:44 and xx:46 with the 3 minutes headway.
Although if there is some more proper analysis that I can't find it would be helpful.
