I often travel from Paddington to Torquay and if not a direct train the tickets / reservations usually say change at Exeter not Newton Abbot. I always carry on to Newton Abbot (although presumably not strictly permitted if an Advance ticket), but many people won’t do this and will change from an Intercity (potentially giving up a good seat) to local train sooner than necessary.
There is no saving in time as it’s the same train at Newton Abbot and there is always cross platform interchange at Newton Abbot so does anyone know why tickets say change at Exeter?
The only advantage I can think off is less time to wait on platform if it’s cold as the local train takes longer to Newton Abbot.
There is no saving in time as it’s the same train at Newton Abbot and there is always cross platform interchange at Newton Abbot so does anyone know why tickets say change at Exeter?
The only advantage I can think off is less time to wait on platform if it’s cold as the local train takes longer to Newton Abbot.