On Sunday, I travelled from a rail station in zone 6 to underground zone 1. I have a zone 3-6 travelcard, so I expected to be charged for the zones 2-1 part on pay as you go, which I was.
However, despite changing to underground in zone 4, I was charged at the national rail extension rate (£3.10) not the underground rate (£2.00), despite the extension of my journey being entirely on underground.
Why is this? Am I being penalised for having my travelcard and season on the same oyster ?
If I'd used a separate payg oyster for the second part of my journey, I guess I would have saved £1.10 ? (This would have involved getting off and on again in zone 3, but even if I didn't, a 1-4 single is only £2.60 if I paid payg from zone 4!)
However, despite changing to underground in zone 4, I was charged at the national rail extension rate (£3.10) not the underground rate (£2.00), despite the extension of my journey being entirely on underground.
Why is this? Am I being penalised for having my travelcard and season on the same oyster ?
If I'd used a separate payg oyster for the second part of my journey, I guess I would have saved £1.10 ? (This would have involved getting off and on again in zone 3, but even if I didn't, a 1-4 single is only £2.60 if I paid payg from zone 4!)