Interesting. Thanks for the response.More likely is they’ve sent Wait and then got on with setting the route, but the interlocking is quicker than the GSMR. It takes a good 15s sometimes for the system to send the message. I could happily ask the same question ’Why do drivers send Standing at Signal when I’ve just cleared it?’
They might though just press ‘wait’ rather than remove to clear the message, despite having already set the route.
It’s worth knowing/remembering that even in a ROC the two systems aren’t connected, so the signaller will be moving between panel/levers/workstation and GSMR to connect the dots of which train is at which signal and why. It’s not like it makes the headcode flash in the berth or anything (as one driver once said he thought!)
I honestly thought it was the signaller “having the last say” after they’ve seen you moving.
