Off to Chesham tomorrow to watch the mighty Maidstone United.......
I'm an exile supporter now living in Hampshire, so make good use of my Network Railcard for Away (and Home!) games.......
Was talking to some other fans last week at home match, and were talking about meeting up before the game, they said they were planning to get to Chalfont & Latimer by Train and then jumping the tube for the last hop on the Metropolitan Line....I asked them what sort of costs they were looking at, £50 odd quid was the response.....
I said that was similar for me coming up from Havant when I looked at it last year when we played them on our famous cup run.....but I did say there was an alternative......
Home station to London - then onto the tube and doing it all that way.........rail fare to London £25 ish (no railcards)...and then £4.80 each way tappy tappy on the tube......
Why is there such a difference - is it to fleece the uneducated?
I'm an exile supporter now living in Hampshire, so make good use of my Network Railcard for Away (and Home!) games.......
Was talking to some other fans last week at home match, and were talking about meeting up before the game, they said they were planning to get to Chalfont & Latimer by Train and then jumping the tube for the last hop on the Metropolitan Line....I asked them what sort of costs they were looking at, £50 odd quid was the response.....
I said that was similar for me coming up from Havant when I looked at it last year when we played them on our famous cup run.....but I did say there was an alternative......
Home station to London - then onto the tube and doing it all that way.........rail fare to London £25 ish (no railcards)...and then £4.80 each way tappy tappy on the tube......
Why is there such a difference - is it to fleece the uneducated?