• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Older cars you have seen

melon68

Member
Joined
9 Sep 2020
Messages
59
Location
Wexford, Ireland
Here in the "sunny" southeast of Ireland near Wexford I've seen a few old Toyotas of 95-05 vintage. There was a spotless Corolla 4 door saloon parked up with 95 plates earlier. I used to own a 3 door "coupe" variant of that model. The engines (1.3 in my case) were pretty simple and presumably can be very long lasting indeed with the right maintenance.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
15 Apr 2016
Messages
18,960
Location
Devon
Quite pleased with this one.

Copped a nice brown Ford Cortina on an original Y reg (don’t ask me why Reg) in Donaghadee, County Down, NI yesterday

IMG_7319.jpeg

Complete with furry dice hanging from the mirror!

IMG_7320.jpeg
 

david1212

Established Member
Joined
9 Apr 2020
Messages
1,757
Location
Midlands
Another 51 plate Yaris.
I guess they, and other Toyota models of this era, are a good choice as a local runabout and can be supported by independent garages for all work that is economically viable.
 

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
15 Apr 2016
Messages
18,960
Location
Devon
Another 51 plate Yaris.
I guess they, and other Toyota models of this era, are a good choice as a local runabout and can be supported by independent garages for all work that is economically viable.

I bet that’s delivered a lot of takeaways…
 

dgl

Established Member
Joined
5 Oct 2014
Messages
3,071
A C reg Hillman Minx Automatic in Yeovil
 

Attachments

  • 20260205_160948.jpg
    20260205_160948.jpg
    543.5 KB · Views: 14

birchesgreen

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2015
Messages
7,691
Location
Solihull
it had a personalised number plate so i couldn't say how old exactly it was, but i saw a Chevrolet Lacceti this morning. I don't think i've ever seen one for real outside of Topgear before, amusingly it was in the same blue as well.
 

dgl

Established Member
Joined
5 Oct 2014
Messages
3,071
The Lacetti would have been later 00's as I don't believe there was ever a Daewoo version so it would have been released after Daewoo motors went bust and got brought by General Motors.

Edit: Was released by Daewoo in 2002 but we originally got it as the Nubira, and not as a Lacetti until 2005 according to Wikipedia.
 

birchesgreen

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2015
Messages
7,691
Location
Solihull
Well an old commercial vehicle not a car, but just saw a W reg MAN lorry with a horse carriage body. Also saw a V reg VW Transporter at the weekend.

And this morning a T reg Jaguar XJ.
 

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Joined
28 Sep 2010
Messages
35,965
Yesterday: L (93/4) VW Corrado in Racing Green and in concours condition.
Today: H (90/1) Peugeot 205 GTi in Silver, also in concours condition.

Both on the roads being driven normally.Both looked amazing. The 205 sounded a bit rough though.
 
Last edited:

Bishopstone

Established Member
Joined
24 Jun 2010
Messages
1,690
Location
Seaford
M-prefix (94/95) VW Passat saloon in Southgate, in green, almost matching the moss growing in the window frames, but street-parked and apparently in use.
 

thejuggler

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2016
Messages
1,655
Earlier this morning an almost 40 years old, but one of the last 2CVs - a D reg.

Very brave considering the weather it was in, you could almost see the rust forming.
 

DelW

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2015
Messages
6,045
An E-prefix Volvo 740GL this morning, apparently heading into a supermarket car-park. It was complete with boot-lid spoiler, which seems a bit ambitious on a car whose designer seems to have developed their skills on bricks and breeze blocks.
 
Joined
23 Nov 2023
Messages
786
Location
Grimsby
S-suffix Reliant Scimitar in Grimsby this morning. Some unpainted filler repairs on front wing but otherwise in good condition and apparently in regular use.
I did take a pic, but sadly my phone decided to delete it!

(And yes, Princess Anne had one etc. lol)
 

TheSel

Member
Joined
10 Oct 2017
Messages
1,170
Location
Southport, Merseyside
S-suffix Reliant Scimitar in Grimsby this morning. Some unpainted filler repairs on front wing but otherwise in good condition and apparently in regular use.
I did take a pic, but sadly my phone decided to delete it!

(And yes, Princess Anne had one etc. lol)
Gosh! I never knew that Princess Anne had a phone that automatically deleted pictures! Every day's a schoolday. :wub:
 

Mikey C

Established Member
Joined
11 Feb 2013
Messages
8,281
I saw a Saab 96 in Golders Green yesterday, a "proper" old car :D
 

contrex

Established Member
Joined
19 May 2009
Messages
1,680
Location
St Werburghs, Bristol
Just come across this thread. I saw a Jowett Javelin driving along Bond Street in Bristol just before Christmas. I recognised it because my woodwork teacher at school had one.
 

4SubAsociation

Verified Rep
Joined
4 Dec 2020
Messages
300
Location
Ashford, Kent
Ok. I do own a oldish car. A lupo gti. 2005 with Sunroof.

Although the oldest car i have seen is a Austin 10 Clifton in the past year.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9196.JPG
    IMG_9196.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20250713_074650629.jpg
    IMG_20250713_074650629.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 13

KT550

Member
Joined
23 Dec 2020
Messages
935
Location
Surrey
Seen today in south Surrey, a Toyota Paseo (May 1997, P prefix).

Wikipedia says they didn't sell well here or in the U.S.A. I don't recall seeing many of them back in the day.
 
Last edited:

Top