• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Older cars you have seen

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JD2168

Established Member
Joined
11 Jul 2022
Messages
1,735
Location
Sheffield
R reg Toyota seen in Sheffield today
 

Attachments

  • 59F143C0-863B-4F27-8EF8-EF8D2E956CA0.jpeg
    59F143C0-863B-4F27-8EF8-EF8D2E956CA0.jpeg
    621.2 KB · Views: 13

90019

Established Member
Joined
29 May 2008
Messages
6,891
Location
Featherstone, West Yorkshire
Saw an R reg Vauxhall Omega saloon in metallic maroon yesterday, looked cleanish but definitely a daily driver


The more recent Polo is still based on the same platform as the contemporary Ibiza/Fabia/A3, but with far more shared components. The main differences between a Seat Ibiza estate and the Audi A3 are (a) the price; and (b) the engine size.
I think you misunderstood my post which is that it's unusual for the hatchback and the saloon/estate of the same model to be effectively different cars.

They share underpinnings, being on the same platform and sharing mechanicals and some interior parts, but the bodywork of the saloon and estate is entirely different to the hatchback and has almost zero shared parts*.


*Yes, if you want to be really pedantic, things like side repeaters and mirrors are shared.
 

ExRes

Established Member
Joined
16 Dec 2012
Messages
8,458
Location
Back in Sussex
L reg (1993/94) Leyland Daf / LDV Pilot pick up truck this evening, dark and pouring with rain so didn't get much of a look but it seemed in fairly good condition, quite honestly I'm surprised any of them have survived this long

Into the town today (Wednesday) and saw an H reg Peugeot 205 and OY8166 a 1934 Austin Seven
 
Last edited:

telstarbox

Established Member
Joined
23 Jul 2010
Messages
6,386
Location
Wennington Crossovers
A brace in Brighton - an R reg BMW 3 series with metallic paint, and a Saab 9-3 with custom plate.
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20260116_163919686.jpg
    PXL_20260116_163919686.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • PXL_20260116_162156609.jpg
    PXL_20260116_162156609.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 17

birchesgreen

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2015
Messages
7,683
Location
Solihull
Two R reg Micras today, at different times of the day and in different parts of Birmingham. Spooky.
 
Last edited:

TheSmiths82

Member
Joined
29 Jun 2023
Messages
611
Location
Manchester
A G reg Wartburg last Sunday near the Trafford Centre

That must be very rare, I assume it was imported as I am pretty sure they were not sold in the UK by 89/90!. I think they would have ended production very soon after due to the fall of the Berlin wall. While the last ones did get VW Polo engines they had no chance of competing with the open European market the East Germans suddenly had access to.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

I often see an old Austin Seven Ruby around Stockport, I am not sure they these cars are that rare though. I have no idea how old it is but I am guessing late 30's.
 

JD2168

Established Member
Joined
11 Jul 2022
Messages
1,735
Location
Sheffield
I saw this Toyota Camry in Doncaster on 15/1/26 - not seen one of these for a while
 

Attachments

  • 6E051302-8236-46A4-BE75-1E4E1A109133.jpeg
    6E051302-8236-46A4-BE75-1E4E1A109133.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 9

JohnofWessex

Member
Joined
3 Jan 2026
Messages
155
Location
frome
A few days ago in the car part by Tesco Express in Frome a green Triumph Dolomite - unrestored which according to the owner just keeps going.

Funnily enough there is another Dolomite running around Frome
 

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Joined
18 Dec 2012
Messages
19,372
Location
Yorkshire
R reg Toyota seen in Sheffield today
It's a credit to Japanese engineering that there are quite a lot of Starlets of that era still going. They're usually in pretty decent shape too- don't think I've ever seen one that looked as if it was on its last legs!
 

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
15 Apr 2016
Messages
18,949
Location
Devon
Scored me a Renault 18 9 and a Renault 19 parked together in Marrakesh today.
IMG_7144.jpeg

That kind of line up hasn’t been seen since Black Sabbath reformed!
 
Last edited:

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
15 Apr 2016
Messages
18,949
Location
Devon
Very impressive but to be pedantic I think the one behind the 19 is actually a Renault 9.

Damn. I didn’t properly take note of the badge (crossing the road to look closely would have caused me unnecessary levels of danger). I was trying to work out which one it was before I posted but clearly got it wrong. Thanks for the correction!
 

DelW

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2015
Messages
6,036
An F prefix (1988-9) Austin Maestro in Worcester Park this morning. It looked more daily-driver than concours, but tidy enough, with a driver probably old enough to have possibly owned it from new. It's so long since I've seen a Maestro that it took me a moment or two to be sure what it was. Many years ago my then father in law owned two in succession and was very happy with them.
 

Bishopstone

Established Member
Joined
24 Jun 2010
Messages
1,689
Location
Seaford
An H-suffix Morris Minor (one of the last, I think), well-used and in a dirge grey colour, pottering around Newhaven.

One of the lads in my sixth form had a Minor in 1990, and they were considered to be unusually old cars even then.
 

dgl

Established Member
Joined
5 Oct 2014
Messages
3,069
A Red Y suffix Citroën Dyane in Blandford yesterday.
 

ExRes

Established Member
Joined
16 Dec 2012
Messages
8,458
Location
Back in Sussex
Couple more yesterday, 2001 Y reg Micra in surprisingly good condition and a 1993/94 L reg Peugeot 405 estate in need of a good wash
 

dgl

Established Member
Joined
5 Oct 2014
Messages
3,069
An A suffix Volvo P120/Amazon in Bridport yesterday. That must be pretty rare now.
 

Attachments

  • 20260121_110528.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 20

Tramfan

Member
Joined
19 Mar 2011
Messages
679
Location
.
J reg VW Golf seen from my bus home, looked in pretty good nick from what I could see
 

Top