• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Old Refund Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyloc

New Member
Joined
6 Dec 2024
Messages
1
Location
peterborough
Hi guys! I’ve been looking through my train journey history and have noticed a very small number of refunds from pre-pandemic. I have no recollection of these refunds given how long ago they were, I’ve no idea of the circumstances behind them, if the tickets were scanned or the exact dates of the refund given how long ago they were. How likely is it do you think I will be asked about this and what would the procedure be if I am contacted?
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jfollows

Established Member
Joined
26 Feb 2011
Messages
10,158
Location
Wilmslow
Very unlikely.
Your posting here might imply that you’ve got a reason to be concerned, but even if so I can’t see why you might be contacted, and if there were a negative reason my advice would simply be to avoid doing it again in future.
If you were to be contacted you’d say the same as in your post above anyway - too long ago to remember the details.
 

AlterEgo

Verified Rep - Wingin' It! Paul Lucas
Joined
30 Dec 2008
Messages
29,592
Location
LBK
It seems like an odd thing to be worried about if you’ve never committed any refund fraud. I never think about my refund history.
 

SouthernOne

Member
Joined
6 Apr 2018
Messages
72
Location
Banbury
It seems to me you might have something to hide. I would suggest closing your account and opening a new account with a new provider.
 

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,153
It seems to me you might have something to hide. I would suggest closing your account and opening a new account with a new provider.
Closing an account does not make the historical data disappear.

If we're talking about something pre-pandemic (i.e. pretty much five years ago) then I doubt anything is going to come of it now, unless there's also been more recent suspicious activity on the account.

You cannot change what's happened in the past but I would make sure all transactions in future are strictly in accourance with the correct rules/law etc.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top