Bletchleyite
Veteran Member
Interesting that they think that "No limit to number of break of journeys on a valid Ticket" is a new condition not in the old NRCoC.
It isn't specifically, so I expect it was added to avoid confusion which has occurred.
Interesting that they think that "No limit to number of break of journeys on a valid Ticket" is a new condition not in the old NRCoC.
That is really good. I hope that it is printed out and made available on all ticket offices. I'm sure it won't be.
I'm sure every Northern ticket office and independent ticket offices have a copy of this an can quickly be printed out if needs be. We all got the E mail with that attachment....
....Northern have to replace, as I'm sure all other TOC's have to, all literature with makes reference to the National Conditions Of Carriage. In terms of ourselves that a few hundred forms that now have to be thrown out this week! :roll:
Conditionous, Chapter 14 v 2. Thou shalt not need to stop at yonder boundary with thine combination of tickets.
Today. And so it begins....
A: Right. They aren't valid together. You can't do that on this train as it doesn't stop at X.
B: You know the conditions of carriage changed yesterday?
A: Yeah but that hasn't changed, I don't think.... errr
B: Think it has. Condition 14.2 removed the need to stop for all 'area' type tickets.
A: But it's only on rangers, not PTE tickets....?
At that point the argument swiftly ended for other reasons,...
....however I was able to ascertain after that retail bulletins had gone out - to some staff, at some depots. Nor were there proper retail briefs issued giving guards a summary of the main, relevant changes. When Newsrail Express (the ATOC printed bulletin) stopped being sent out, it seems important things become buried electronically by email.
Do they not email out weekly news bulletin....
....or do they do that buytstaff don't bother to read them? I read all internal communication at work. That's how one knows what's going on....
We got told all the Northern customer promise booklets and how to make a complaint leaflets. Also Delay Repay Forms need throwing out we got told. The new leaflets should land today. Although we were told Saturday because Eaglescliffe is open on a Saturday but alas no delivery. :roll:
Do they send them by train?....
I'm sure it will be a waste of water and energy but the paper will be recycled.
.
You're lucky to get emails these days, communication is shocking, even information about the changes to ticket styles are few and far between. And when we do get emails, the lack of any really useful information makes the briefing near pointless.
They should read them, though Guards will obviously depend on Managers receiving the email and posting it on a notice board (which doesn't always happen).
My Customer Promise leaflets should have been delivered on Saturday (office was open) still not got them. Delay Repay forms are, apparently, due this week, not holding my breath.
No, by Courier.
Where recycling bins are provided, I'm sure staff will consider that option.
Such a shame that some companies and people can't be bothered. Might as well all give up and not bother.I concur wholeheartedly with the first statement.
The dissemination of important and useful retail information at my TOC is next to non-existent. What information is circulated is normally incomplete, late, and very haphazard - some locations and colleagues will get it, others won't.
As for Guards, most of the time the information comes via email. Sometimes on a bit of paper in your pigeon hole. Sometimes just displayed on a notice. There is no real consistency. Some information now gets put onto a staff app on our phones, but this only works when connected to good 3G or 4G, and stuff on there can't be downloaded for offline viewing, so not much use if you want to refer to it enroute where the phone signal is poor - which is most places.
I have got bored of raising the issue over the years and now don't bother as most managers don't seem to either care, have the time, or it isn't their job.
It would be a lot easier for everyone if all words with specific meanings were defined in Appendix B. As it stands we can only guess or assume things which is not ideal when considering Term & Conditions.
Well, as expected, there were issues on the 1312 Liverpool LS - Manchester Vic today, with the TPE guard claiming my father's combination of a Merseyside Concessionary Pass and a Greater Manchester Conc Wayfarer was invalid. 'We don't get any money from that'.
Twitter post to TPE
I think the TPE Conductor would be right, though not for the reason stated...By my reckoning, the Merseyside pass is valid as far as Newton-le-Willows (NLW), but the Wayfarer is only valid from Patricroft (PAT), so such a combination would also require you to hold a ticket between NLW and PAT.
I should note, however, that this is based on public information as I'm not at work to check right now, but the maps don't show either NLW or PAT as being in both areas.
I think the TPE Conductor would be right, though not for the reason stated...By my reckoning, the Merseyside pass is valid as far as Newton-le-Willows (NLW), but the Wayfarer is only valid from Patricroft (PAT), so such a combination would also require you to hold a ticket between NLW and PAT.
I should note, however, that this is based on public information as I'm not at work to check right now, but the maps don't show either NLW or PAT as being in both areas.
I think the TPE Conductor would be right, though not for the reason stated...By my reckoning, the Merseyside pass is valid as far as Newton-le-Willows (NLW), but the Wayfarer is only valid from Patricroft (PAT), so such a combination would also require you to hold a ticket between NLW and PAT.
I should note, however, that this is based on public information as I'm not at work to check right now, but the maps don't show either NLW or PAT as being in both areas.
I'm afraid that's incorrect; you must be looking at the wrong map. The GM Wayfarer includes ERL/NLW and is a different product to the Rail Ranger.I think the TPE Conductor would be right, though not for the reason stated...By my reckoning, the Merseyside pass is valid as far as Newton-le-Willows (NLW), but the Wayfarer is only valid from Patricroft (PAT), so such a combination would also require you to hold a ticket between NLW and PAT.
I should note, however, that this is based on public information as I'm not at work to check right now, but the maps don't show either NLW or PAT as being in both areas.
Well, as expected, there were issues on the 1312 Liverpool LS - Manchester Vic today, with the TPE guard claiming my father's combination of a Merseyside Concessionary Pass and a Greater Manchester Conc Wayfarer was invalid. 'We don't get any money from that'.
Twitter post to TPE
:roll:
(And yes, they are being emailed)
Yes, that's probably the case. Unfortunate really.Probably because the guard wouldn't have been aware that anything had changed.
I'm afraid that's incorrect; you must be looking at the wrong map. The GM Wayfarer includes ERL/NLW and is a different product to the Rail Ranger.
Much the same as on the Cheshire Lines GM passes only go to Glazebrook but the Wayfarer is valid to Warrington.
I'm glad this change has come in to be honest as I was getting fed up with Merseyrail booking clerks trying to be helpful by selling passengers tickets split at Hough Green or Glazebrook and thus technically restricting them to the local services.
Still banging my head against a wall trying to educate them that their clever money saving split at Newton le Willows doesn't entitle them to sail along flashing their passes on CLC services that go nowhere near it though.
I know you are and it speaks well of the staff that they are willing to do little things to help their customers. My gripe was simply that people were being sold the splits without being told the restrictions which made it a bit difficult for those of us on board. Hallelujah though - the new terms make it no longer an issue.

Just wondering how long TOCs have to replace their ticket stock? I purchased tickets on Monday which state on the back that they're issued subject to NRCoC.. This was from Manningtree station....
Just wondering how long TOCs have to replace their ticket stock? I purchased tickets on Monday which state on the back that they're issued subject to NRCoC.. This was from Manningtree station....
NRCoT said:This document replaces the National Rail Conditions of Carriage. Any reference to the
National Rail Conditions of Carriage on websites, Tickets, publications etc. refers to the terms and conditions set out in this document. These Conditions apply in addition to your statutory rights.
There is actually no need to replace any literature or tickets unless it presents facts which are wrong. The new NRCoT says:
Ooh, ooh, can I say it before Yorkie does? Where there is a conflict between conditions the one that is more favourable to the customer must be used.That won't wash where you are still presented with the contents of the old NRCoC when you ask (e.g. follow the link on the website when making the purchase) and the new document leaves you in a worse position than the old.
That won't wash where you are still presented with the contents of the old NRCoC when you ask (e.g. follow the link on the website when making the purchase) and the new document leaves you in a worse position than the old.
Ooh, ooh, can I say it before Yorkie does? Where there is a conflict between conditions the one that is more favourable to the customer must be used.
That won't wash where you are still presented with the contents of the old NRCoC when you ask (e.g. follow the link on the website when making the purchase) and the new document leaves you in a worse position than the old.
All the websites I have used to book tickets since 1 Oct have linked through to the new NRCoT.