Does it still say "Welcome to the x Train"? Or has that completely gone now?I was on 333007 yesterday which has now received TrainFX mods and it doesn't say that additional bit i.e. Welcome to the Menstion (time) train. (although the announcement speakers were not working)
Agreed. They don't have the weird crackling static sound that the 170s have. The tfx announcements still sound muffled & low quality compared to the legacy system on the 333s (I'm assuming they haven't changed the PA speakers during the mods). I still think they'd be better off getting a completely different PIS system than Tfx (i.e: Televic, Whiteley's, or a newer version of the original system)While I'm not keen on the TrainFX system on the 170, I actually don't mind the TrainFX mod on the 333 and think they've done a better job on that in my opinion.
I'm hoping they can find a way to preserve the original Dan Strauss recordings in some form. I'd love it if they could digitize the announcenents and upload them to Tfx on the 333s
