The off-white interior panelling is much nicer than the old-Northern stark blue.
I think painted white (or grey in 150 137) interior panelling looks terrible. Especially when you can see the paint brush marks.
The off-white interior panelling is much nicer than the old-Northern stark blue.
I notice also that the PIS screens both outside and inside do not seem to be working.
I'm surprised they haven't Considered putting 7x153s as middle inner cars into the 7 modified 155s to create 3 car class 155 sets. The 153 could have its cabs decommissioned and the toilet taken out as there would already be the new loo in the 155 cars. The space could be used for extra seats and luggage in the middle car. And by decommissioning the 153 cabs would give a permanent 3 car unit.
I don't think it would be worth it, and I don't think one toilet for a three car unit would be enough either.
Northern don't have any DMUs with PIS that does anything other than state the final destination.
156472 currently returning from Crewe LNWR with the "n" in different colours compared with others.
So much for consistency![]()
If it's true they haven't improved the Northern designed for someone with no legs seat spacing I will be avoiding them. No one else gets around 80 odd seats in 23m.I'm currently sat on a/the refurbished 155 and I have to say it has a very pleasing light and sorry ambience. They could probably have done with removing a row of seats and moving all the others up for extra leg room, but overall a nice train.
So they've decided not to say Arriva is a DB company. I wonder if that hints at DB planning to float Arriva?
So they've decided not to say Arriva is a DB company. I wonder if that hints at DB planning to float Arriva?
It also looks like the previously mooted new Arriva typeface, rather than the current example in use that uses capitals.
Font froth .....![]()
I've just sat on one of Arriva's whizzy new double decker buses which have free wifi and a plethora of USB ports.
I can't help thinking that such luxuries would be better used adorning a 158 on a three hour Leeds to Carlisle service than a short bus hop. I've seen a 158 so adorned, however I'm told its a one off not to be repeated sadly![]()
The 156472 livery is the one we're taking forward. All the other refurbs will be converted to that over time. It also has the "by Arriva" strapline which is going to be gradually rolled out as well
If they can waste money revynaling already revynled trains, why can't they at least put their brand on the Pacers?
It still looks awful/childish regardless of what colour the circles are!