So am I right in thinking that 155346 is still away but 158756 is already back??
Am I also right in saying that 150275 is back and 150276 has gone up. Any other up there?
Many Thanks
I believe this is the correct position.So am I right in thinking that 155346 is still away but 158756 is already back??
Am I also right in saying that 150275 is back and 150276 has gone up. Any other up there?
Many Thanks
It didn't take long for 158 756 to be done compared to 752!
It's not unusual for the first unit to take longer... but as the first 158 was unsatisfactory anyway it's surprising the second was so quick. As for the 155, given the amount of corrosion it should come back "like new"(!)
Assuming there's any metal left by the time they finish scraping all the rust away!![]()
With a bit of luck they will write them all off as uneconomic to do. 155's truly awfull things. Designed by someone with no legs.Assuming there's any metal left by the time they finish scraping all the rust away!![]()
With a bit of luck they will write them all off as uneconomic to do. 155's truly awfull things. Designed by someone with no legs.
K
I know they couldn't afford to do it for Northern - the issue I have is the claims and failure to deliver on them. Which as I said is an issue of corporate culture coming straight from the top.
Mind you I have been on the new 158 and it seemed very nice and comfortable with free wifi and usb charging points. it seemed a decent job.
I'm sure it is a good-quality refresh (so is the LM 150) - but what it isn't is a transformational refurb - that's what the ATW or ScotRail refurb is, for example.
That would have not been the refurbished one, there is currently a 158 running around with free WiFi, USB plug sockets, air purification system and a screen which shows the trains calling pattern and connections available. This is however only available in one half of the unit only.Mind you I have been on the new 158 and it seemed very nice and comfortable with free wifi and usb charging points. it seemed a decent job.
That would have not been the refurbished one, there is currently a 158 running around with free WiFi, USB plug sockets, air purification system and a screen which shows the trains calling pattern and connections available. This is however only available in one half of the unit only.
The project was done separate the current refurbishment project.
Sam
Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Did 158756 actually make it back? If so, did anything go back up in its place?
All doesent seem at all well with Northerns dmu'redecorations.I'm told 150275 went back to Kilmarnock today.
I'm told 150275 went back to Kilmarnock today.
All doesent seem at all well with Northerns dmu'redecorations.
Never heard of this company Brodies. Are they new?
K
Brodies have been about for a few years now. They did the last major overhaul / refurbishment of the 334's for Scotrail. The have also recently done the rolling stock for 'The Grand Hibernian' in Ireland and completely rebuild 156478 after it went for a swim two years ago. 170204 is also on site getting a new front end following its accident in April last year.
The 158's are being overhauled by Brodies and the 150's across the line at Wabtec.
Brodies were not Hunslet Barclays. Wabtec have taken over the Barclays operation (aquired from Brush a number of years ago). Brodie Engineering built a purpose built depot across from the wabtec site in the former Network Rail Bonnyton sidings.Brodies used to be Hunslet Barclay. They built the 323s in 1992-94, the Class 143 Pacers and trailers 201-208 for the Glasgow Subway amongst other things.
Brodies used to be Hunslet Barclay. They built the 323s in 1992-94, the Class 143 Pacers and trailers 201-208 for the Glasgow Subway amongst other things.