• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail- Wigan and man

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsSundayMorn

Member
Joined
18 Dec 2013
Messages
44
You will all get there in the end. This is my timeline from start to finish. (Conductor)
Applied Oct
Interview mid Dec
Assessment early Jan
Medical April
Course start June.

Don't lose hope!
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hidden

Member
Joined
10 Dec 2013
Messages
117
You will all get there in the end. This is my timeline from start to finish. (Conductor)
Applied Oct
Interview mid Dec
Assessment early Jan
Medical April
Course start June.

Don't lose hope!

I'll echo this, same story here ;)

Just don't drop hope, I was gutted when I got that email too, chin up and it'll come.
 

Louby

Member
Joined
16 Feb 2012
Messages
672
You will all get there in the end. This is my timeline from start to finish. (Conductor)
Applied Oct
Interview mid Dec
Assessment early Jan
Medical April
Course start June.

Don't lose hope!

We can't complain as that is 8 months give or take, I applied in jan so not even approaching 6 months , I can wait !
 

Andrew32

Member
Joined
18 Jul 2013
Messages
492
Anybody else received an email today? i have just received an email to state that they have assessed the train crew requirement for the conductor places and there is no vacancies at Manchester at the minute....gutted guessing the dream is over!

If thats the exact wording you will see that is says there are no vacancies AT THE MINUTE.

Basically it's telling you that the June course is full which I think you knew already. They haven't even started filling the August course in Leeds yet and thats early August so you may be on the August course, if not the November one.

Remember that I received a similar email in late August 2013 stating there were no vacancies for the remainder of 2013, a month later they were advertising again for Skipton conductors and set two on in January.

Hang in there as everyone says, I'm hoping for good news soon, otherwise its another interview.

Remember this, there will be many people who apply again and again for conductor positions and never get past the application stage, you should be well proud of yourself, if you believe, anything is possible.

Chin up mate!:D
 

jimmy key

Member
Joined
22 Jan 2014
Messages
33
Location
right here
Just out of curiosity, are there any other members on here that are on the bolton drivers course starting next monday.
 

hidden

Member
Joined
10 Dec 2013
Messages
117
Just out of curiosity, are there any other members on here that are on the bolton drivers course starting next monday.

I am, not for drivers but for conductors I believe we will all be there together on day 1 for our corporate induction.
 

302PS

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2012
Messages
629
If it's all internals they may not be on here

Enjoy jimmy, your new chapter begins.;)
 

jimmy key

Member
Joined
22 Jan 2014
Messages
33
Location
right here
Have they told you that you're based at the Holiday Inn for a couple of weeks?

Eh, Holiday inn?. I only live 4 miles from the classroom.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
If it's all internals they may not be on here

Enjoy jimmy, your new chapter begins.;)
Cheers mate. I like many others on here have been waiting long enough for it. Completed my last shift of 19 years at the maintenance depot last night, so im well and truly ready for the new change.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I am, not for drivers but for conductors I believe we will all be there together on day 1 for our corporate induction.

Won't actually be on the company induction day Monday as im internal so not really required. First day for me will be at Victoria on the Tuesday for the depot induction. So hope to meet the new faces there.
 

hidden

Member
Joined
10 Dec 2013
Messages
117
Eh, Holiday inn?. I only live 4 miles from the classroom.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Cheers mate. I like many others on here have been waiting long enough for it. Completed my last shift of 19 years at the maintenance depot last night, so im well and truly ready for the new change.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---


Won't actually be on the company induction day Monday as im internal so not really required. First day for me will be at Victoria on the Tuesday for the depot induction. So hope to meet the new faces there.

Us externals have the company induction on Monday at the hotel as oppose to the station :)
 

Sunday_mornin

Member
Joined
8 Jun 2012
Messages
254
Location
Wigan
Us externals have the company induction on Monday at the hotel as oppose to the station :)

You'll be at the Holiday Inn for your first 2 weeks mate. I found that out today. Plus there are an awful lot of uniforms already at Bolton waiting for ya. Best of luck.
 
Last edited:

Sunday_mornin

Member
Joined
8 Jun 2012
Messages
254
Location
Wigan
There is a high chance that all or some of your uniform won't fit and will be returned. So your money may not have been entirely wasted.
 

Sunday_mornin

Member
Joined
8 Jun 2012
Messages
254
Location
Wigan
Is that too big or too small?

Too.... everything! My shirts were vast and my trousers were tiny, you need to develop an odd shaped body to work on the railway. I had my shirts altered rather than return them.
I took my wife's uniform home for her yesterday and lucky everything fits really well except for the trousers, which I will be returning on Monday for her.
 

Louby

Member
Joined
16 Feb 2012
Messages
672
Too.... everything! My shirts were vast and my trousers were tiny, you need to develop an odd shaped body to work on the railway. I had my shirts altered rather than return them.
I took my wife's uniform home for her yesterday and lucky everything fits really well except for the trousers, which I will be returning on Monday for her.

What's the attire if it doesn't fit?
 

hughavinalaf

Member
Joined
19 Feb 2014
Messages
152
They did at the assessments!!

Jeans and t shirt on mine,unbelievable....... putting myself in the shoes of an assessor,immediately I would not progress a candidate who didn't make the effort.

Always dress smart unless told otherwise.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top