185
On Moderation
- Joined
- 29 Aug 2010
- Messages
- 5,709
Is it just me that read this wrong.....?
http://www.northernrail.org/news :roll:
"Extra trains for the White!"
http://www.northernrail.org/news :roll:
"Extra trains for the White!"

You'd think that after all that hard work typing up a nice glossy advert, they'd just take a second to read through it after they finished![]()
It is because their software truncates any title after 26 characters and adds ''...'' after it, like you'd expect where something is truncated (see 'Last post' column on forum homepage for example). Nothing to do with lack of proofreading. See the Google cache of older news stories for a further example.
Unless their software has an option for them to change the number of characters (and I'd assume there must be a technical reason for having that number selected), the only other option that they can do is posting a newer story!
Anyone who considers the advertising to be even marginally racist must have had their sense of humour removed at birth.
I think a letter, enclosing a copy of the leaflet, should be sent to the Northern Rail offices at Leeds, expressing some quiet reservation of this wording and requesting an explanation from them.
Truly unbelievable :roll: :roll:I think a letter, enclosing a copy of the leaflet, should be sent to the Northern Rail offices at Leeds, expressing some quiet reservation of this wording and requesting an explanation from them.
Paul Sidorczuk said:I think a letter, enclosing a copy of the leaflet, should be sent to the Northern Rail offices at Leeds, expressing some quiet reservation of this wording and requesting an explanation from them.
I think a letter, enclosing a copy of the leaflet, should be sent to the Northern Rail offices at Leeds, expressing some quiet reservation of this wording and requesting an explanation from them.
This is a message addressed to:-
MattE2010, Old Timer, thefab444, tbtc
The views in the posting that I made this morning are NOT MY VIEWS.
They are the views of our local councillor who I was talking to this morning and I showed him the copy that I had downloaded from the link. He then expressed a wish that I should post them on the website where I had first seen this posting.
You will note that earlier to this, I had made a posting thanking Mojo for his input.
This is a message addressed to:-
MattE2010, Old Timer, thefab444, tbtc
The views in the posting that I made this morning are NOT MY VIEWS.
They are the views of our local councillor who I was talking to this morning and I showed him the copy that I had downloaded from the link. He then expressed a wish that I should post them on the website where I had first seen this posting.He has taken the copy from me and he is going to do exactly what he said he would do.
You will note that earlier to this, I had made a posting thanking Mojo for his input.
This is a message addressed to:-
MattE2010, Old Timer, thefab444, tbtc
The views in the posting that I made this morning are NOT MY VIEWS.
They are the views of our local councillor who I was talking to this morning and I showed him the copy that I had downloaded from the link. He then expressed a wish that I should post them on the website where I had first seen this posting.He has taken the copy from me and he is going to do exactly what he said he would do.
You will note that earlier to this, I had made a posting thanking Mojo for his input.
Paul if you are going post other peoples views you need to say so at the time of posting, if not they will be read as your view.
Words fail me, they really do :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:...The views in the posting that I made this morning are NOT MY VIEWS.
They are the views of our local councillor who I was talking to this morning and I showed him the copy that I had downloaded from the link. He then expressed a wish that I should post them on the website where I had first seen this posting.He has taken the copy from me and he is going to do exactly what he said he would do..
I presume you Councillor friend is either Labour or SDP ? I cannot see any others getting into such a lather over something like this.