As a regular Northern user I am continually frustrated aat stations when thee conductor takes ages to release thhe doors. I would prefer if thee driver released them only for the conductor to close them again afterwards. It often takes the conductor a minute or so to release them as they are busy doing something else - I guess this would cause a cat among the pigeons with the unions.
Second of all, and this only seems to be with Northern, is the fact that the conductor has to get out and check along the length of the train before release the whole set off doors. Why is this as other operators don't do this??? All serves to frustrate passengers and I know this only takes seconds, but all these seconds affect punctuality.
Second of all, and this only seems to be with Northern, is the fact that the conductor has to get out and check along the length of the train before release the whole set off doors. Why is this as other operators don't do this??? All serves to frustrate passengers and I know this only takes seconds, but all these seconds affect punctuality.