• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Flash Sale - Now On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llandudno

Established Member
Joined
25 Dec 2014
Messages
2,752
Location
Matlock
York to Blackpool for £2 next Wednesday for me, fantastic!

If it wasn't for the forum I wouldn't have even known there was a sale on to be honest :D
I would have thought Blackpool TO York for £2 was better value for a day trip…..!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2005
Messages
4,284
I believe this is the case on paper, but have known many ticket office staff who do it anyway.
I certainly offer combinations of tickets if I'm aware of a cheaper way of getting the tickets although I'd always make clear any restrictions associated with them to the customer.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,463
Location
Yorkshire
I believe this is the case on paper, but have known many ticket office staff who do it anyway.
I certainly offer combinations of tickets if I'm aware of a cheaper way of getting the tickets although I'd always make clear any restrictions associated with them to the customer.
I'm pretty sure it's against impartial retailing rules. Some train companies e.g. LNER have issued stern reminders.
 

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2005
Messages
4,284
I'm pretty sure it's against impartial retailing rules. Some train companies e.g. LNER have issued stern reminders.
I think you're right. I've never been questioned by my superiors about split tickets I've sold.
 

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2013
Messages
5,474
Location
London
I've had split tickets issued by TfW staff, but on request.
That's perfectly acceptable under Ticketing & Settlement Agreement rules.

It's proactively offering them where a through fare for the journey exists that isn't. Theoretically a TOC that was impacted by staff doing that could make a claim against the selling TOC for the resultant revenue loss.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,463
Location
Yorkshire
I think you're right. I've never been questioned by my superiors about split tickets I've sold.
If the company is happy for you to do this for journeys entirely by them, then fair enough.

However, if you issue them for journeys involving other companies, then those companies could well lodge a complaint with your employer. I wouldn't be taking that risk.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top