• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

No trains today twixt Guide Bridge and Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
24 Sep 2017
Messages
315
Of course it had been suggested.

Only little issue is that Man Vic sign it and its only a few certain drivers who sign it. And Victoria is short of crew to cover our own work as it is.

Far easier to do the train plan as its been done past few days.
Sorry I meant in this thread/forum. I know diversions are popular on here, especially via little used stations.
I suspected that would be the issue though. Does seem slightly surprising given the route has more links with lines out of Piccadilly than Victoria though.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,816
Location
UK
Sorry I meant in this thread/forum. I know diversions are popular on here, especially via little used stations.
I suspected that would be the issue though. Does seem slightly surprising given the route has more links with lines out of Piccadilly than Victoria though.
It's a little bit surprising how much Victoria sign on the Piccadilly side of Manchester - considering that Piccadilly don't sign anything on the Victoria side.

But it's ultimately down to the fact that Victoria take units to and from Newton Heath, which requires that they sign several routes so as to allow the ECSs to run during engineering work diversions.

Piccadilly only take units to and from Longsight and Ardwick, neither of which have much in the way of diversionary routes and so they're generally only shut during the daytime or in the small hours of the night.
 

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,487
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
Can someone help me with a lack of East Manchester area knowledge. I think that a suggestion had been made concerning Hadfield/Glossop units using Denton as a diversionary route. As far as I am aware, the Hadfield line is only served by EMU and I am not sure of electrification of the lines in the Denton area. I would be very grateful to be told about how this diversionary route would be possible with EMU.
 

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,816
Location
UK
Can someone help me with a lack of East Manchester area knowledge. I think that a suggestion had been made concerning Hadfield/Glossop units using Denton as a diversionary route. As far as I am aware, the Hadfield line is only served by EMU and I am not sure of electrification of the lines in the Denton area. I would be very grateful to be told about how this diversionary route would be possible with EMU.
The Hadfield service is currently being operated using DMUs. You're correct that the Denton line isn't electrified (nor are there any proposals for it to be electrified).
 

_toommm_

Established Member
Joined
8 Jul 2017
Messages
6,307
Location
South West London
Can someone help me with a lack of East Manchester area knowledge. I think that a suggestion had been made concerning Hadfield/Glossop units using Denton as a diversionary route. As far as I am aware, the Hadfield line is only served by EMU and I am not sure of electrification of the lines in the Denton area. I would be very grateful to be told about how this diversionary route would be possible with EMU.

I asked whether the shuttle was an EMU, or a DMU they got back to Manchester via Denton.
 

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
Joined
22 Feb 2011
Messages
21,948
Location
Mold, Clwyd
Line via Gorton seems to have reopened around mid-day today.
TPE were turning Huddersfield-Pic trains at Victoria until the 1315 back.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top