Discuss223
Member
What happens when someone has no ticket for their journey that they have already made when they arrive at gatelines of terminal stations if RPOs aren't around?
For example, if someone travels on an LNER train to King's Cross, and there are no RPOs around to put them under caution or ascertain if there is a genuine reason why they travelled with no ticket?
I have seen it before at a station in the East Midlands (which I won't name), where the CSO simply told the passenger to buy a ticket from the booking office and let them out. Is this the official line for CSO manned barriers?
For example, if someone travels on an LNER train to King's Cross, and there are no RPOs around to put them under caution or ascertain if there is a genuine reason why they travelled with no ticket?
I have seen it before at a station in the East Midlands (which I won't name), where the CSO simply told the passenger to buy a ticket from the booking office and let them out. Is this the official line for CSO manned barriers?