I have to say, I'm impressed that almost no-one is nominating the old slam door EMUs- which really were an utter triumph of function over form
Which is the whole point of the thread, the nicest LOOKING units and locos. I don't think anyone would call the front end of a CEP pretty...I have to say, I'm impressed that almost no-one is nominating the old slam door EMUs- which really were an utter triumph of function over form
Which is the whole point of the thread, the nicest LOOKING units and locos. I don't think anyone would call the front end of a CEP pretty...
395's look quite sleek, as do some of the artists impressions of the Polaris sets by CSRE.
I also think the prototype deltic looks great.
Having been on an EPB at the EKR I would rather a Class 465 over an EPB.
The one in front is by far the better looking locomotive :P
Chris
I have to say, I'm impressed that almost no-one is nominating the old slam door EMUs- which really were an utter triumph of function over form
I have to say, I'm impressed that almost no-one is nominating the old slam door EMUs- which really were an utter triumph of function over form
I like the 'Electrostars' and I like the 'Slamdoors to (Networkers being my personal favorite)
These enthusiasts who have a 'unrealistic' view of the railway and think anything old is better and the railway 'revolves' around them really get on my nerves. (Not aimed at you at all)![]()

No, this is the one I was thinking of:
No, this is the one I was thinking of:
Nankai 50000 which may be the same as Ryan's but I can't see Flickr at work.
No, this is the one I was thinking of:
Nankai 50000 which may be the same as Ryan's but I can't see Flickr at work.
No, this is the one I was thinking of:
Nankai 50000 which may be the same as Ryan's but I can't see Flickr at work.
Moving us back onto the pornography thread!
Does anybody else have a thing for DB class 218 Rabbits? they are lush (and sound like a Paxman Valenta engined HST in my ears)
Yep I do, but catch some of the non-valenta engined ones if possible, much noisier!
Also, I'll put a word in for the Irish 071's, look good and sound superb. GM's without the silencers.
As far as UK is concerned then its probably a Deltic with 40's & 37's a close second.
Unitwise its a 165.
I love it, it looks like something Flash Gordon would take to work!WTF is that? Now that is a true BEAST! If only South East Trains had of opted for those things for HS1!![]()
Hi there, Fanny! That is splendid. I could never understand what people saw in plain "coach ends".Yeesh, if that's better looking than a slammer I'm Fanny Craddock !
That's what she said![]()