• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Units in Service in 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

St. Paddy

Member
Joined
11 Sep 2019
Messages
722
Location
Hitchin
196003 is on the 1040 Hereford-Birmingham today, not sure if that’s its first working in service though
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

APT618S

Member
Joined
7 Dec 2018
Messages
510
197011 was on 1D38 1325 MIA LLD yesterday (22/05/23). Do not know it's first working.
 

TT-ONR-NRN

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2016
Messages
12,891
Location
Cambridge
Yes it is
I don't know what's prompted you to confidently declare it was indeed the first working when it wasn't.
The 1040 Hereford Birmingham actually formed off the 0850 Birmingham Hereford, which in turn formed off the 0711 Hereford Birmingham.
 

berneyarms

Established Member
Joined
26 Nov 2013
Messages
3,114
Location
Dublin
197011 was on 1D38 1325 MIA LLD yesterday (22/05/23). Do not know it's first working.
197011 has been in service since November 2022.

Just to be clear - the following sets are in service:

197 002
197 004
197 006
197 007
197 008
197 009
197 010
197 011
197 012
197 013
197 015
197 017
197 018
197 019
197 021
 

william.martin

On Moderation
Joined
18 Oct 2022
Messages
857
Location
Telford
I don't know what's prompted you to confidently declare it was indeed the first working when it wasn't.
The 1040 Hereford Birmingham actually formed off the 0850 Birmingham Hereford, which in turn formed off the 0711 Hereford Birmingham.
I meant first day, trust me I do check the facts before I post ;)
 

el_lnrd

Member
Joined
17 Dec 2019
Messages
29
Location
Cardiff
Yes I have seen that but the member that said it remained very vague. I have made a FOI request to know what is happening...
 

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
17,853
Location
Oakham
720 127 and 720 129 were both reported in service today 5th June - separately - in posts on se-gen.
 

el_lnrd

Member
Joined
17 Dec 2019
Messages
29
Location
Cardiff

Ayman Ilham

Member
Joined
2 Jul 2016
Messages
462
Location
Blackburn (Lancs)
230010 3/4/23 0732 Wrexham central to Bidston
230008 4/4/23 0732 Wrexham central to Bidston
Not sure when exactly it entered service, but I got 230009 when I went to ride it from Wrexham to Bidston at 6/6/2023 after it came from Bidston around half an hour late. Because of the delay, it actually ran non-stop to Bidston after Wrexham General.

20230606_160019.jpg
 

St. Paddy

Member
Joined
11 Sep 2019
Messages
722
Location
Hitchin
In the last week, relevant threads have reported the following in service.

196009
197042/043
197104/110/112
 

Liam L

Established Member
Joined
19 Jun 2020
Messages
1,425
Location
Birmingham
196002 12:50 BHM - Hereford today

Update: it entered service yesterday (4/7/2023)
 
Last edited:

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Joined
12 Aug 2016
Messages
6,083
The 197s are definitely entering service quickly, a good thing as they're much-needed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top