You'd have to be careful indeed if you booked this ticket on your phone, as it's not available as eticket.
Yes it is.
For example, check on the forum's site.
You'd have to be careful indeed if you booked this ticket on your phone, as it's not available as eticket.
They are obliged to accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express cards, by some means or other, because National Rail Enquiries says they do.In any case I don't believe the TOCs are required to accept American Express
That sign referred to Electron cards which won't have been seen on British issued cards for a while.In any case I don't believe the TOCs are required to accept American Express, I know TPE for example explicitly say they don't (in their bizarre "exercepts from the NRCoT" posters that they display on their trains)
Isn't that just Raileasy calling their bluff? Nowhere else I've seen offers it.Yes it is.
For example, check on the forum's site.
Isn't that just Raileasy calling their bluff? Nowhere else I've seen offers it.
They wouldn't do I don't think. As noted above it's hard to see any actual issues.Unsure.
But I've used e-tickets from Raileasy on countless ScotRail services and no ticket checker has ever said anything about the ticket format I presented (saved in Google Wallet).
Flexi Seasons should be issued as sTickets, rather than e-tickets. Functionally they're similar to an m-ticket in that they can only be displayed in app, but the barcode is regenerated every so often.Trainline based apps still do but I think the rest have disabled mtickets. Hence why they'll issue Flexi Seasons as etickets, even though you're not supposed to do that.
Indeed. That's certainly not what's happening in practice. The PDFs I've got definitely do not have regenerating barcodes.Flexi Seasons should be issued as sTickets, rather than e-tickets. Functionally they're similar to an m-ticket in that they can only be displayed in app, but the barcode is regenerated every so often.
Flexi Seasons were originally available as eTickets, before the sTicket lobbying got that nonsense continued, and I suspect many still are. It's still allowed by the standard as far as I knowFlexi Seasons should be issued as sTickets, rather than e-tickets. Functionally they're similar to an m-ticket in that they can only be displayed in app, but the barcode is regenerated every so often.
Even some normal season tickets were available as eticket from a ticket office back in the day. I've got one somewhere issued by a Virgin Trains ticket office.Flexi Seasons were originally available as eTickets, before the sTicket lobbying got that nonsense continued, and I suspect many still are. It's still allowed by the standard as far as I know
All of LNER's Flexi Seasons sold online are eTickets, at least this week.Flexi Seasons were originally available as eTickets, before the sTicket lobbying got that nonsense continued, and I suspect many still are. It's still allowed by the standard as far as I know
Not sure whether anyone noticed, but the phone number printed on the ticket is EMR's phone number.
These monstrosities must be easy to fake.
Do you mean will now, or has there been a sudden U-turn?White paper from TVMs will not be the standard going forward.
My local station is now issuing them in a similar format to the white tickets, but printed with a similar orange design to the CCST stock.Do you mean will now, or has there been a sudden U-turn?
Theres a new version of the familiar orange and lime green with thinner orange borders thats going to be standard going forward.Do you mean will now, or has there been a sudden U-turn?
Have you tried printing them? Maybe they'll regenerate automatically then. That's certainly not what's happening in practice. The PDFs I've got definitely do not have regenerating barcodes.
You have a Flexi Season on a PDF?Indeed. That's certainly not what's happening in practice. The PDFs I've got definitely do not have regenerating barcodes.
The tickets that are issued from TPE's kiosks are similarly awful. The paper quality is terrible and the printing quality is terrible (the latter caused by the former, I suspect). First time I got one from the machines at Manchester Airport I thought the machine had malfunctioned it was so bad.These monstrosities must be easy to fake and half the time don’t even work the gates at Luton Airport Parkway. On the last occasion my non enthusiast friend summed up the experience perfectly ‘what a load of low quality crap’
Trip have/do issue them like thatYou have a Flexi Season on a PDF?
Trip have/do issue them like that
I'd ask how that's standards compliant, but it's not Trip's fault (for a change!) if TOCs haven't disabled e-ticket fulfilment of Flexi Seasons in favour of sTicket.Trip have/do issue them like that
Essentially yes, at least that how the LNER eTicket flexis work (or did work)How does the "flexi" nature of it work when issued as a PDF e-ticket? Do you just download one for each day you want to use, then they stop being issued when you run out of days?
It's a good thing they haven't! eTickets are far superior to sTicketsI'd ask how that's standards compliant, but it's not Trip's fault (for a change!) if TOCs haven't disabled e-ticket fulfilment of Flexi Seasons in favour of sTicket.
YesYou have a Flexi Season on a PDF?
YesHow does the "flexi" nature of it work when issued as a PDF e-ticket? Do you just download one for each day you want to use, then they stop being issued when you run out of days?
Presumably LNER and others do it because they can't do mtickets.I'd ask how that's standards compliant, but it's not Trip's fault (for a change!) if TOCs haven't disabled e-ticket fulfilment of Flexi Seasons in favour of sTicket.
You can't print a LNER Flexi Season eTicket thoughEssentially yes, at least that how the LNER eTicket flexis work (or did work)
It's a good thing they haven't! eTickets are far superior to sTickets
Wait a couple of days and see what happens (Not mTickets)Yes
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Yes
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Presumably LNER and others do it because they can't do mtickets.
It's just a PDF, why can't you?You can't print a LNER Flexi Season eTicket though
You definitely can.It's just a PDF, why can't you?