WelshBluebird
Established Member
- Joined
- 14 Jan 2010
- Messages
- 5,623
This is at Dean.
I was just about the post the same thing (since I passed there this morning)!
This is at Dean.
There was a boxing or youth club on the right as you come into London Bridge from the south, with a big 'Sponsored by Network SouthEast' sign. Is that still there?
Downside Fisher Boys Club. They have a different sign now.
Not forgetting the wonderfully retro booking office at Shanklin station on the Isle of Wight. All green on the outside, but NSE on the inside!

No, I think he was right first time.
Network SouthCentral was the shadow franchise. Then it was Connex SouthCentral. When it was announced that Connex would lose the franchise, GoVia bought the operation early and traded as SouthCentral for three years - before re-branding as Southern.
They also used to print route maps and brand them as one company across both franchises.
Don't have a photo, but at the forecourt of Leamington station there's a "do not chain bikes to these railings" sign with the NSE-era "Chiltern Line" symbol with the rolling hills. Although being as it's on its own I suspect it might date from during or immediately after privatization.
I think most of the stations on the Chiltern and Aylesbury Lines which were refurbished in NSE's Total Route Modernisation still retain plaques which mark this achievement.
So the only thing I can think of is that they must have reused an old sign.
Must be.
Chiltern gained its stations north of Banbury in 2003/4 (from Central mainly, although Claverdon and Bearley may have been Thames)
I can take a look tomorrow, where abouts is it?Anyone got a pic?
I was only standing there yesterday; there are loads of little quirks that still exist in the station. When coming out of the underground, signs direct you to Way Out but also British Rail still.
One of the GN platforms at Moorgate in 2008 - I've not been there since so don't know if they are still like this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rpmarks/5535429167/