• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

My fotopic site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joined
23 Feb 2006
Messages
313
http://benjamin-griffin.fotopic.net/p39423602.html
what on earth is that thing, is it some kind of maglev


Yes, it is a Maglev. It is one of the very first, since the Maglev was British technology..:) it ran on a test track near cambridge in the 60's i believe.

how come the pictures are blured

Because the trains are moving perhaps, quite fast over that area its 30mph on the approach to PBO and my camera does not have the feature of slowing down trains...
 

Donny Dave

Established Member
Joined
9 Jul 2005
Messages
5,394
Location
Doncaster
What camera are you using?

how come the pictures are blured?

I had the same problem with my old camera. Somer of the lower spec cameras have a fixed ISO and shutter speed, so unless your taking pictures in perfect conditions and angles, the image will come out blurry.
 
Joined
23 Feb 2006
Messages
313
What camera are you using?



I had the same problem with my old camera. Somer of the lower spec cameras have a fixed ISO and shutter speed, so unless your taking pictures in perfect conditions and angles, the image will come out blurry.

I'm using an easypix V16 camera
http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=easypix V16&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi

I'm going to take some pictures on that site tomorrow as someone requested some information about the maglev..so if a train comes along i'll try different angles and such.
 

Darandio

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2007
Messages
11,143
Location
Redcar
I will be starting my own photography on Saturday but being at Darlington it will mostly involve stationary and arriving/departing trains so I shouldn't have that problem. I will try to get something flying past though.
 

5872

Established Member
Joined
28 Jan 2007
Messages
2,277
Location
A6-EHF

Darandio

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2007
Messages
11,143
Location
Redcar
I went out photographing for the first time today and going back to the start of the thread about the blurred pictures, I caught a hst on the fast loop past Darlington and it didn't blur?
 

5872

Established Member
Joined
28 Jan 2007
Messages
2,277
Location
A6-EHF
I went out photographing for the first time today and going back to the start of the thread about the blurred pictures, I caught a hst on the fast loop past Darlington and it didn't blur?

Freaky , I got that on my old camera , maybe fast acceleration the fast HST was good panning!:compress:
 

Darandio

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2007
Messages
11,143
Location
Redcar
It just had me thinking because the poster warriorofrovac was questioned on why the pictures were blurred and he said that it was because the trains were doing 30mph. The HST went past today at around 90 and I only took 2 actual shots with very basic kit which both weren't blurred.

Maybe I am just a natural :happy3:
 
Joined
23 Feb 2006
Messages
313
It just had me thinking because the poster warriorofrovac was questioned on why the pictures were blurred and he said that it was because the trains were doing 30mph. The HST went past today at around 90 and I only took 2 actual shots with very basic kit which both weren't blurred.

Maybe I am just a natural :happy3:

Well, i actually will go back on that and claim that it is possibly that angle that matters as someone said, as i took this picture: http://benjamin-griffin.fotopic.net/p39465006.html of the train doing about 30 and it came out okay.
 

Darandio

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2007
Messages
11,143
Location
Redcar
Thats what I originally said about the angles, must be that then. Although I didn't do nothing special when the HST went past, just pointed and clicked. Must be the luck of the draw I guess.
 
Joined
23 Feb 2006
Messages
313
Thats what I originally said about the angles, must be that then. Although I didn't do nothing special when the HST went past, just pointed and clicked. Must be the luck of the draw I guess.

It's not a bad picture tbh on that train, i'll have to go onto PBO station at some point to take some GNER's before the new company comes in.
My camera takes a long time to save though, so my the time its save the picture the ruddy train has gone so i can't take another one :violent1:

I'm still looking for a good trackside position on the ECML instead of standing on the platform. So if anyone knows of one, please tell me!
I have a feeling i know of one, its a fair walk so i shall have to try it at some point.
 
T

Tom

Guest
It's the shutter speed that affects blur, etc. Aperture can also be a factor, your auto focus may be dodgy...
 

Darandio

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2007
Messages
11,143
Location
Redcar
I honestly thought that with a £34.99 camera I would have no chance with high speed shots, thats why I started at Darlington to make sure there was plenty of stationary traffic but I guess it can be done with any equipment.
Am still planning to start a dedicated North East site soon though and I will upgrade my equipment to complement this.
 
Joined
23 Feb 2006
Messages
313
I honestly thought that with a £34.99 camera I would have no chance with high speed shots, thats why I started at Darlington to make sure there was plenty of stationary traffic but I guess it can be done with any equipment.
Am still planning to start a dedicated North East site soon though and I will upgrade my equipment to complement this.

What is the shutter speed of yours, just out of interest?
 

Darandio

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2007
Messages
11,143
Location
Redcar
Cannot seem to find any information regarding shutter speed. All I know is that it is 3.2mp. Very basic.
 
T

Tom

Guest
Shutter speed and aperture is based on how much light and how quickly you want the camera to take the photo...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top