The idea of this thread came from a discussion on the 'Historical SWR inter-city' thread on the History and Nostalgia forum.
Namely, what is the highest consecutive numbers of stations you have visited on one line? When I say 'visited', this can include: a) actually using the station as a destination; b) visiting the station by train for rail enthusiast purposes; or c) using the station to change trains and leaving the station while waiting for your next train, so you walk into the station's surrounding area. Also, a variation: what is the highest consecutive number with just one omission?
I will start with Fleet to Southampton Central inclusive, 12 consecutive stations, or Portsmouth Harbour to Southampton Central inclusive, 16 consecutive stations, neither of which are that impressive. However if the 'just one omission' rule is applied (in my case Millbrook is the one omission) then it becomes Fleet to Poole, 26 stations discounting Millbrook. (I am about 90% sure on Poole btw; I'm fairly sure I've used it, in the 90s sometime: if not, it becomes 25).
Or, if we allow any routes, even those without direct trains, then I believe I have used every station from Portsmouth Harbour to Poole via Fareham (which did have through trains for a few years in the 90s) except Millbrook, which would make 30.
Namely, what is the highest consecutive numbers of stations you have visited on one line? When I say 'visited', this can include: a) actually using the station as a destination; b) visiting the station by train for rail enthusiast purposes; or c) using the station to change trains and leaving the station while waiting for your next train, so you walk into the station's surrounding area. Also, a variation: what is the highest consecutive number with just one omission?
I will start with Fleet to Southampton Central inclusive, 12 consecutive stations, or Portsmouth Harbour to Southampton Central inclusive, 16 consecutive stations, neither of which are that impressive. However if the 'just one omission' rule is applied (in my case Millbrook is the one omission) then it becomes Fleet to Poole, 26 stations discounting Millbrook. (I am about 90% sure on Poole btw; I'm fairly sure I've used it, in the 90s sometime: if not, it becomes 25).
Or, if we allow any routes, even those without direct trains, then I believe I have used every station from Portsmouth Harbour to Poole via Fareham (which did have through trains for a few years in the 90s) except Millbrook, which would make 30.