• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mossley Halt...a location query

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

steamybrian

Established Member
Joined
26 Nov 2010
Messages
2,003
Location
Kent
Can anyone confirm the closure date in 1925 as shown in Wikipedia listing of closed stations.
I query this as it was two years before the line closed for passengers in 1927......?
 

pdeaves

Established Member
Joined
14 Sep 2014
Messages
5,932
Location
Gateway to the South West
Can anyone confirm the closure date in 1925 as shown in Wikipedia listing of closed stations.
I query this as it was two years before the line closed for passengers in 1927......?

According to Michael Quick's "Railway Passenger Stations in Great Britain A Chronology" (publ. Railway & Canal Historical Society) it closed on 13 July 1925.

I recommend the book as the most comprehensive record of openings and closings available.
 

steamybrian

Established Member
Joined
26 Nov 2010
Messages
2,003
Location
Kent
According to Michael Quick's "Railway Passenger Stations in Great Britain A Chronology" (publ. Railway & Canal Historical Society) it closed on 13 July 1925.

I recommend the book as the most comprehensive record of openings and closings available.

Noted with thanks
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top